Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

verifying what I found searching

UasDriver

Reaction score
spent the day searching for answers;
I "understand" I can't get to ALL the settings without some phone/tablet connected and running explorer app? (I have neither)
I can't use my laptop, that cost more than the drone, to access settings either?

If that's so, I can't do IMU cals if the RC wants me to?

did find In manual I can cal compass from RC
I did download the OA to my PC

thanks
dave

xval

Reaction score
android tablets are cheap like dirt these days. Event from Samsung they are much cheaper than a single battery. No need to suffer.

verticalflyer

Reaction score
I agree with xval. Devices can be had for cheap, especially on the used or refurbished market for something a little higher end.

That being said, there are ways to use your laptop but they are 100% not supported by Autel. If you crash and burn then it's on you. I'd highly recommend not doing it and going with a dedicated Android or iOS device.

For Android, the Autel Explorer app can be downloaded directly from the Autel Drones website. That can be installed into an Android emulator, a virtual machine running Androidx86 or a physical machine dual booted with Androidx86. Both virtual options require USB passthrough. Virtualbox is a good, open source, virtual machine program. Keep in mind though, if google maps is not available on the Android install then you will get stuck with very limited Chinese mapping option within Explorer. That is one of my pet peeves about the Explorer app. If Google or iOS maps are not found then Mapbox/OpenStreetMaps should be the default.

UasDriver

Reaction score
thanks,
I just want to take pics and fly, I have no use for mapping, flight plans, maps ettal.
Just looking for intelligent flight modes and IMU calibrations, which SHOULD be on the RC already. My $200 trainer can do it, not sure why a $2,000 can't

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
Just know that by not using a Phone or tablet you will not have telemetry logs if something should go wrong like a fly a way. Autel will expect you to give them logs to validate any warranty claim. And by not using a tablet or phone your $2000 unit is performing half of what it can do.

Reactions: Andrew01

UasDriver

Reaction score
I emailed Autel before I made my purchase, asked specifically if using just the RC works and was fine to fly, they said yesser, send check. Even asked if I could use my PC instead of tab/phone, they said needed livedeck, but then yesser, send check.
I bought both the 501S and the EV2 specifically because they had built-in displays.

so they only honor warranties if you also invest in 3rd party products, seems like Racketeering in the 'ol days
guess it's time to contact the Amazon seller and see If i can return it for a Phanton 4pro with built in screen :mad:

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
I emailed Autel before I made my purchase, asked specifically if using just the RC works and was fine to fly, they said yesser, send check. Even asked if I could use my PC instead of tab/phone, they said needed livedeck, but then yesser, send check.
I bought both the 501S and the EV2 specifically because they had built-in displays.

so they only honor warranties if you also invest in 3rd party products, seems like Racketeering in the 'ol days
guess it's time to contact the Amazon seller and see If i can return it for a Phanton 4pro with built in screen :mad:

In this day and age I find it hard to believe someone does not have a Cell phone or at the very least a tablet. 🤔
Hell I have seen 90 year grandmas who have a Cell phone :rolleyes:
Perhaps you should have done better checking before pulling the trigger on a $2000 product.

UasDriver

Reaction score
I opted for a laptop over smrt/tabd device, my G7 17 7700 will out smart any smart devices i've looked at.
I want to create video and photography, no interest in social media, so a 4k 17" screen comes in handy, just like my 10yr old flip-phone works just fine for talking, spent an hour yesterday with DELL.
the simple "fix" would be explorer for PC, somebody there must know how to code, they put out the OA calibration for PC. That seems more complex then storing data or uploading params to the RC AC.

I opened a ticket with Autel, I'll wait for their input.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lovemimascota