Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using the App Evo 2 . Screen freezes up for 2 to 20 sec

This is all good info. I was just trying to get something to work as I kept getting weird USB errors when opening the app.

Ok guys ,just landed 15 minutes of good flight then the picture froze again quite a few times and pops back on where its suppose to be looking at. Now with the debugging on I am going to try to uninstall and reinstall the app and fly again

I'm starting to think there's a firmware issue because this doesn't seem like an isolated issue. Someone who has the issue should contact Autel (again).

Ok back on the ground. I reinstalled the app with the debugging on. I used up another battery of flight time and it did not freeze at all.
one time the app quit but came back on. thats it for now . time for a beer

Reactions: Tufargon
I did have contact with customer service and gave them permission to look at my flight logs.
hopefully that might help out.

My 3 flights that I have made on my EVO 2 Pro were great but my screen freezes up Intermittently. The screen freezes when I was practicing on my own house doing a roof inspection. I can take a few photos of the roofing and then move on to the chimney but my screen still shows the roofing. this flight is only 50 ft away and in VLOS. I did not have any problem using the controller only
I've been having this same issue with my Evo 1.I've tried multiple different cables in both ports on the remote and I still get the intermittent freezing. But when I switch to the in-controller display, it's smooth playback. I don't know if this is a software issue or an issue with the ports.

I've been having this same issue with my Evo 1.I've tried multiple different cables in both ports on the remote and I still get the intermittent freezing. But when I switch to the in-controller display, it's smooth playback. I don't know if this is a software issue or an issue with the ports.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. Looking back on this thread I chose to uninstall then reinstall the Autel Explorer and turn on USB debugging. I will let you all know how this goes after I fly today ?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. Looking back on this thread I chose to uninstall then reinstall the Autel Explorer and turn on USB debugging. I will let you all know how this goes after I fly today ?
Its definitely the software. I reverted to an older version on my Android and it stopped the glitch and freezing.

Reactions: Rocco Germani
Its definitely the software. I reverted to an older version on my Android and it stopped the glitch and freezing.
Was it the device (android) update, or did you use a different version of the app? My android devices have been doing the latency problem on the video transmission. You fly, it updates in so many frames, then takes a longer time to catch up where the drone is. Using the controller display it is fine. 4 different android devices Samsung Tablet S4, Lenovo, Asus, and Samsung Note 9's (2 of them) are acting like this, but my iOS tablet is fine.

Was it the device (android) update, or did you use a different version of the app? My android devices have been doing the latency problem on the video transmission. You fly, it updates in so many frames, then takes a longer time to catch up where the drone is. Using the controller display it is fine. 4 different android devices Samsung Tablet S4, Lenovo, Asus, and Samsung Note 9's (2 of them) are acting like this, but my iOS tablet is fine.
I am using a Note 9. The phone updated to the latest explorer. I sideloaded the previous version 1.1.3.9. The delays stopped

Reactions: mike9591
I contacted Autel about the Screen freezing up and they are looking at the flight records. In the meantime I have had about 6 more flights and I would call them picture perfect. I have not had any problems and I am quite amazed. I inspect roofs during my home inspections and when I can see the granules on the roofing material that sharp in focus I knew I made the right decision in buying this drone.

I am using a Note 9. The phone updated to the latest explorer. I sideloaded the previous version 1.1.3.9. The delays stopped
That fixed all our Android devices. Tested them all over the weekend. All were fine. Thank You

Reactions: Skyheli
I am having the screen freezing issues when using my IPad Mini 4. It never does it when first starting up but starts to happen after like 5 or 10 minutes. There is severe lag and screen will freeze up and eventually get all scrambled up where you cant see anything. I tried changing just about every setting I could think off but it finally gets so bad I cant use it. It works perfectly fine with my EVO 1 and Mavic 2 and have never had any issues with the Mini 4. I did use the display on the controller and it was fine. Going to try my Galaxy 9 tomorrow and see what happens with it.

I am having the screen freezing issues when using my IPad Mini 4. It never does it when first starting up but starts to happen after like 5 or 10 minutes. There is severe lag and screen will freeze up and eventually get all scrambled up where you cant see anything. I tried changing just about every setting I could think off but it finally gets so bad I cant use it. It works perfectly fine with my EVO 1 and Mavic 2 and have never had any issues with the Mini 4. I did use the display on the controller and it was fine. Going to try my Galaxy 9 tomorrow and see what happens with it.

Be careful about flying with controller only. My app would freeze occasionally, so at times I would only use the controller. Well, unfortunately after a firmware update I had a fly away and could not retrieve the drone. I was using the controller only and now Autel says, no logs - no luck buddy. Logs are stored on the drone and on the explorer app when connected to the controller. Don't fly without it!!! If app freezes, wait for confirmation from Autel, I'd stay grounded til then.

Reactions: scoutie
1.1.3.9 is indeed the version to have right now. I always leave my auto updates off as apps like this and gmaps are too critical, and after seeing the bad play store reviews I never updated. I'm hoping the reason that the app to match 2.3.0+ was delayed is to take the time to fix this.

On 1.1.3.9 I've never experienced any lag or freezing whatsoever, it's been rock solid for many weeks. It's worth sideloading to get it back. Only issue I've noticed is the enormous Google logo on flight logs (lol), but that's livable.

Last edited:
Reactions: scoutie
Thanks for the info about using just the controller as I never thought about that. I just flew again using my 10 inch Ipad from work and had no problems. Then I used my Note 9 phone with version 1.1.5.3 and it worked fine also. I used both for several minutes trying to duplicate the freezing issues when using the IPAD mini 4 . I am wondering if there is just some compatibility issue with the Mini4 and the EVO 2 as I use it all the time with the EVO 1 and Mavic 2.
I was also able to use the 10 inch IPAD today as my Liftthor finally arrived yesterday. They upgraded it from the first model which I use on the EVO 1 and I think the design is a lot better and sturdier.

Im experiencing the same issue, every time I take a picture it freezes...on the phone with Autel...Im using a 2018 iPad, iPhone xr and iPad pro2017 Ive been able to replicate on all of these devices

Is this on "Smooth" or "Detailed" ? On "Smooth" i never had any problems (well if i keep flying within range).

Ender

Reactions: Bigdz

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raeveren