Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Pilot

Zr0SgnL

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New pilot here!

Just purchased what I believe to be a Evo 2 (8k) off of someone I work with. He has had it for a couple of year and about only 20 mile worth of flight on it. I feel like he gave me a great deal on the drone. A few question I have though hoping maybe someone can direct me in the right direction. If this isn't allowed, I do greatly apologize. FYI this is my first drone ever owning.

1. I know he said he hasn't updated it since he purchased it. How do I go about checking for updates?
2. We flew it around my work using his phone(Iphone) and it worked great. I have an s24 Ultra. When hooking up the controller to my phone, it says at the "connect cord for 15 seconds screen" and never goes past it. My phone shows Invalid app downloaded for program. Has anyone had this issue? I have an Iphone I can hook up to but it's a few years old and would love to have it hooked up to my S24 ultra.
3. Is there any good accessorices to look into? It came with the Pelican type case, two batteries, extended antenna, cover for camera. Is there anything else being extremely novice I should look into?

I really do appreciate all the help and can't wait to try this bad boy out. I would now, but it's extremely wendy out her in Northern Va.

If it flew and didn't crash when you did the test flight then whatever you do....don't update it. That's my number 1 recommendation if you want your drone to last a long time. If it flies and takes pictures and videos then it is doing what you got it to do....all you are doing by updating it is taking a risk to get new "features" that you probably will never use and that can possibly make your drone fall out of the sky. Mine is now 3yrs old and still flies like the day I got it...which is perfect to me.

I always recommend getting a dedicated tablet for your drone. I use an almost 10yr old iPad mini with a glare protector. The iPad mini stays in airplane mode and I never let it connect to the Internet because once again, I don't want to risk the app or drone getting an update.

As far as accessories go, I have flown all over the world both for commercial customers and for recreational use and I only have the following accessories. The drone industry is just like everything else; littered with useless junk; if you stick with the bare necessities your wallet will thank you and you will still be able to use your drone for its primary purpose....photos and videos.

Batteries - I have 4 batteries which is all that I need.
Car Charger - I got the car charger so that I can recharge those 4 batteries while driving
Tablet Holder - I have a tablet holder which I attach to my remote so that it will hold my iPad Mini
Rugged Case - I have the EVO rugged case
Soft Case - I still have the soft case that came with it, its useful for when the rugged case is too big such as when you are hiking or going on a cruise
iPad Mini - I have flown many DJI drones and the EVO II and never needed anything except my iPad mini with the glare protection.
Battery Hub - I have the Autel battery hub so that I can charge all 4 batteries at once
Quiet Props - I frequently film events and want to draw as little attention as possible to the drone, so I have the quieter props for my EVO

Reactions: redleger
If it flew and didn't crash when you did the test flight then whatever you do....don't update it. That's my number 1 recommendation if you want your drone to last a long time. If it flies and takes pictures and videos then it is doing what you got it to do....all you are doing by updating it is taking a risk to get new "features" that you probably will never use and that can possibly make your drone fall out of the sky. Mine is now 3yrs old and still flies like the day I got it...which is perfect to me.

I always recommend getting a dedicated tablet for your drone. I use an almost 10yr old iPad mini with a glare protector. The iPad mini stays in airplane mode and I never let it connect to the Internet because once again, I don't want to risk the app or drone getting an update.

As far as accessories go, I have flown all over the world both for commercial customers and for recreational use and I only have the following accessories. The drone industry is just like everything else; littered with useless junk; if you stick with the bare necessities your wallet will thank you and you will still be able to use your drone for its primary purpose....photos and videos.

Batteries - I have 4 batteries which is all that I need.
Car Charger - I got the car charger so that I can recharge those 4 batteries while driving
Tablet Holder - I have a tablet holder which I attach to my remote so that it will hold my iPad Mini
Rugged Case - I have the EVO rugged case
Soft Case - I still have the soft case that came with it, its useful for when the rugged case is too big such as when you are hiking or going on a cruise
iPad Mini - I have flown many DJI drones and the EVO II and never needed anything except my iPad mini with the glare protection.
Battery Hub - I have the Autel battery hub so that I can charge all 4 batteries at once
Quiet Props - I frequently film events and want to draw as little attention as possible to the drone, so I have the quieter props for my EVO
Welcome, Lots of very good info for newcomers!

herein2021 offers Valuable advice & spot-on!!! "KISS" principle! "Keep it simple silly"

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorPilot2024