Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using the App Evo 2 . Screen freezes up for 2 to 20 sec

Checker

Reaction score
My 3 flights that I have made on my EVO 2 Pro were great but my screen freezes up Intermittently. The screen freezes when I was practicing on my own house doing a roof inspection. I can take a few photos of the roofing and then move on to the chimney but my screen still shows the roofing. this flight is only 50 ft away and in VLOS. I did not have any problem using the controller only

Try another phone/tablet.

Last edited:
I am experiencing similar issues, freezes and shuts my phone off. Tried old phone and does the same. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, going to try again once the wind dies down.

I set up my newest Samsung tablet instead of my smart phone Galaxy 8 which I was freezing the screen.
The App appeared to download ok and connects to the controller but I was not getting any screen view at all when connected . I was searching thru the tablet apps and checking the permissions but the camera screen stays black.
I have one tablet left and only hooked up to see if I got a screen view and it did . I will try to fly tomorrow and see if it freezes with my 2nd tablet

I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about freezing and they all are Android phones or tablets? Have you emailed Autel

yes . I figured they should know. I e mailed them a couple days ago. I have not heard back I just landed used my other tablet I got a couple years ago from US cellular The screen lagged and was jerky but never froze. I would put the blame on the tablet for that. My Samsung phone Galaxy 8 was the phone I started with,that one froze. I will try reinstalling the app and try both my Evo 1 on the app then the Evo 2

I tried the firmware update on both batteries (not sure if it was needed or not) and then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Changed the USB settings on my phone and just flew through both batteries without any freezing on the app. ?

I have a Samsung 8 phone. What changes to USB setting did you make?. I tried turning on the USB debugging mode and I did get a good flight out of 1 battery with no Glitches and it even flew a lot smoother

Reactions: DadCorso80
I set the default USB configuration to MIDI, not sure if that in particular actually solved the problem, but between that, making sure both batteries are updated and disabling the other unused apps it worked for me. I haven't tested with USB debugging on yet.

Last edited:
I wanted to use my Thor tablet holder with my Samsung 2 tab but even with the USB change the screen never shows up when the app connects. My Samsung 8 Phone worked for 1 flight . I will check the MIDI as you did on both

I found the MIDI and turned it on . Nice weather today and I will give it a try

With the debugging turned on, one of the things I noticed , it was much smoother. Trying to go at a steady speed was tough to do.
It was real jerky. Now that is better. I will try it out in a couple hrs

That's good to know. Yeah, I would think Autel has a new firmware update in the works, working the sticks are a little touchy on mine as well. Didn't help the wind was blowing like crazy yesterday either, but it held up pretty well.

Ok I tried setting the MIDI as the default and that made it worse . Now I can't find where I changed that. yikes !

Oh no! I just go to settings and type USB in the search box at the top, scroll down and click default USB configuration.

found it. I changed it to USB tethering. I don't remember any of the buttons high lighted before I changed that before. going to try again

With the USB set to tethering. I had a steady screen back but flight speed is hard to get smooth as original

Tethering shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. All that is is sharing your wifi connection to whatever it's hooked to. If there is a usb setting that would make a difference (which I don't think there is) it would likely be mtp for file sharing.

ok I took it off of that and just put transferring files button for USB. we will see what happens with a few flights.
I do love the picture quality. I left the debugging on, that definitely helped.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles