Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unplayable video file? Try this.

bjtap

Reaction score
I heard the following procedure might work for an unplayable video file. Here is what I did. I was not flying, too windy. I set up the XSP like normal and to be sure I reformatted the SD card within XSP. After setup and connection:
1) I recorderd a 10 second video and turned off the recording button as one should.
2) I then started a second 10 second recording but did not stop the recording with the record button. I shut down the XSP and then the Remote Control.
3) Removed the SD card and dumped the files to the computer WITHOUT removing the files from the card itself.
4) First video played well. Second video, where I did not use the recording button, did NOT play.
5) Put the SD card back into XSP and started things up in the correct order... RC and then the drone.
6) Recorded a third 10 second video.
7) Shut down properly, that is stopped the recording, turned off drone battery and then the RC.
8) Redumped all three files to the computer.
9) ALL THREE PLAYED! Yes, including the 2nd one that would not play before.
No promises, but it worked this time!

Reactions: Squirrel!
This is common knowledge with any digital camera. If you lose power and you can not close out the file just wait till you have power to the camera and start a short video. shutting it down will close off the corrupted file at the same time.
Its been done for ever and ever. It works

I didn't realize that. It was certainly new for me. Thanks for the info.

I forget all the time to do a correct shutdown of video, and mina all play fine. Hmmmm....

The real problem happens is when you shut down but don't stop the recording... I am experienced at that. Thank heavens I have only done it twice with one real loss. Wish I knew the above procedure back then.

That's what I'm saying. Me too. And when you get a app disconnect... (yes, mine WAS fine, now I'm getting that ALL THE TIME now).... I just bring it in, shut it off, shut off the controller. All my videos are fine.

Yeah... Funny thing is, though. I was up about 300 ft, standing on a elevated overlook, on the shore of lake Ontario when it happened today.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert