Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video file question

dronescope59

Reaction score
My Lite plus was the first drone I've ever owned that would record one continuous video instead of breaking the files
up into 4-5 minute segments. (I play back the SD card on my TV.) Flew her today and with the subsequent playback of the video, the files were broken down to 4-5 minute video segments. I can't figure it out.

My Lite plus was the first drone I've ever owned that would record one continuous video instead of breaking the files
up into 4-5 minute segments. (I play back the SD card on my TV.) Flew her today and with the subsequent playback of the video, the files were broken down to 4-5 minute video segments. I can't figure it out.

All drones that I have ever flown do that to prevent file corruption. If a write error occurs while flying, instead of corrupting the entire video it will only affect the last file. BTW, the drones don't break it up by time limit, they break up the files at the 4GB mark. So, if previously you had different video settings (i.e. 1080p@30FPS) you would probably get 10-20min since the data rate is lower; but if you then switched to 4K@30FPS you would probably reach that 4GB limit much faster.

Regular cameras write continuously because they are not subject to the vibrations and increased chances of file corruption that drones are. BTW, GoPro does the same thing for the same reason; GoPros are action cameras where it is more likely for a hard vibration to interrupt the contacts between the camera and the memory card leading to file corruption.

Reactions: ADOC and EBEPLS
sorry, nothing the drone can do about that. unfortunately, that's the way it is.
But what I'm saying is I've owned 2 Autel Lite Plus drones, had about 100 flights in total and ALL OF A SUDDEN, with the same settings, I'm getting 4-5 minute files instead of ONE file that contains the whole flight!

All drones that I have ever flown do that to prevent file corruption. If a write error occurs while flying, instead of corrupting the entire video it will only affect the last file. BTW, the drones don't break it up by time limit, they break up the files at the 4GB mark. So, if previously you had different video settings (i.e. 1080p@30FPS) you would probably get 10-20min since the data rate is lower; but if you then switched to 4K@30FPS you would probably reach that 4GB limit much faster.

Regular cameras write continuously because they are not subject to the vibrations and increased chances of file corruption that drones are. BTW, GoPro does the same thing for the same reason; GoPros are action cameras where it is more likely for a hard vibration to interrupt the contacts between the camera and the memory card leading to file corruption.
Same 4k 30fps settings for my first 100 or so flights and they were all recorded in one video. (unlike my other 8 drones that break up the time (and file size). Flight 101 was broken up. Just can't figure it out.

Reactions: ADOC
Same 4k 30fps settings for my first 100 or so flights and they were all recorded in one video. (unlike my other 8 drones that break up the time (and file size). Flight 101 was broken up. Just can't figure it out.

Did you get a FW update somehow or did the app update? They actually are supposed to be separate files.

Another possibility is the memory card was formatted as FAT32 instead of exFAT. Maybe the Lite doesn't create separate files unless the file system doesn't support the larger files. I would try formatting the card in the drone or try formatting it as exFAT in your PC.

Reactions: ADOC and AirStag
I have the same issue with my EVO 2.
I have been flying a Phantom 4 for many years and have never run into this issue.

SDcard memory can get Fragmented.
Format them instead of deleting files.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles