Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

To open or not to open

FSake

Reaction score
I'm due my Nano plus on Monday and I'm seriously considering what to do.

I live in the UK and I'm looking to use it for photogrammetry and creating 3D models of monuments and small buildings in towns etc. I need sub 250g for that. I'm not looking to take sweeping video's from 100ms up.

I think the Nano plus camera will pick up more details in the shadows than the Mini 2 which is really important when creating 3D models.

I don't mind flying manually as its good practice. I already have a P4 Pro for automated flights outside tiwns. No geo fencing is a really big bonus too.

Is it really that bad speed wise and stability if your just flying round buildings and taking photos?

I know you tend to get more turbulence round buildings but I definitely won't be going above 20mph winds.

Any issues at all. Im in the UK and mine has serious gimbal issues when starting up.

After initialisation, the gimbal stops working

Ive e mailed Autel and sent video but I'm not an "influencer" so I expect repsonse maye be slow

Bar the gimbal calibrating quite a lot, which seems normal mine has been fine so far. Well plus the speed issue which is quite annoying but doesn't overly affect me. A few metres per second more would be nice in an emergency.

Where did you get yours?

I emailed them a week ago about implementing a feature and still no response, so I think they might be busy.

I'm due my Nano plus on Monday and I'm seriously considering what to do.

I live in the UK and I'm looking to use it for photogrammetry and creating 3D models of monuments and small buildings in towns etc. I need sub 250g for that. I'm not looking to take sweeping video's from 100ms up.

I think the Nano plus camera will pick up more details in the shadows than the Mini 2 which is really important when creating 3D models.

I don't mind flying manually as its good practice. I already have a P4 Pro for automated flights outside tiwns. No geo fencing is a really big bonus too.

Is it really that bad speed wise and stability if your just flying round buildings and taking photos?

I know you tend to get more turbulence round buildings but I definitely won't be going above 20mph winds.
For close quarters work and high resolution detail shots: buy a set of prop guards and ignore people sniggering about you using them. For this kind of work they are an essential part of the hazard mitigation process. On top of that: if you end up with a gust blowing your Nano into the side of the target or propwash dragging you in:
a) you won't damage any part of the target and
b) you'll still have a drone to use tomorrow.

Also - make sure you're carrying the maximum amount of P&P Liability insurance you can get.

Reactions: trontar

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays