Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

UNBELIEVABLE! NFZ activated on my Autel Evo 2 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Mav 2 Pro. Flew it yesterday at my house no problem. I have no airports with in 20 miles of me. This morning I went to fly and NFZ showed up on the controller. I did no updates on anything. Charged the Mav 2 battery, IPad and that is all. Plus my internet was off because of fire here in California.

I have a Mav 2 Pro. Flew it yesterday at my house no problem. I have no airports with in 20 miles of me. This morning I went to fly and NFZ showed up on the controller. I did no updates on anything. Charged the Mav 2 battery, IPad and that is all. Plus my internet was off because of fire here in California.
Can you take a screen shot of this NFZ, so we can see where it is on a map? Thanks

It's been sometime since OP started this thread. Was there any last comment / recommendation by Autel Techs to correct the problem?

Regarding NFZ and DJI... DroneHacks has released a new method... a modified NFZ Unlock Certificate that unlocks the NFZ and Altitude limits that works on essentially all newer smaller Consumer DJI platforms: M2P, MA2/S, Mini2, etc. (Not Matrice series).

I noticed on their Web site, they also have an Autel section. Didn't pay it much attention til revisiting this thread.

If you have a DJI in your Inventory, good low cost investment to eliminate the NFZ & Altitude issues.

Reactions: PingSpike
nfz due to the fires. or restricted zone?

This is what has me irritated 1. with DJI and 2 with the overreaching governments, especially in the US.

1. It is NOT a companies right to determine how I may or may not use MY property that I paid for. Its like buying a car then being told you can only drive it where or how the car salesman says. Its up to ME to determine that and NOBODY else.

2. The government, especially in the US on the federal level should have ZERO say in the matter PERIOD. Yet too many blindly follow along with and accept it more and more. Its absurd.
So, you're totally OK with breaking the law? What happens if you take down a plane, or crash into another drone that is working a fire or some kind of another emergency? We just had a wildfire near my house last week that had a helicopter and drone working it. What if you took one of those down?
Absurd is people who don't play by the rules. It's why we have to have so many laws.

So, you're totally OK with breaking the law? What happens if you take down a plane, or crash into another drone that is working a fire or some kind of another emergency? We just had a wildfire near my house last week that had a helicopter and drone working it. What if you took one of those down?
Absurd is people who don't play by the rules. It's why we have to have so many laws.
I think that was an old post from several months ago, Jim. without getting into the specifics on one or two specific statements, you understand the issue with built-in nfz and geofencing, right? most drone flyers are not ok with breaking the law. I look at your picture, I ride bikes also. you can't have enough rules of the road to help protect bikes and personally I don't think the current rules (in my area) go far enough. but I'm flexible when having the discussion about rules.

Yah, thats EXACTLY what he said he would do. Re-READ his comments. "It is NOT a companies right to determine how I may or may not use MY property that I paid for..." Totally agree with that statement. Now if he was saying that he doesn't need to follow FAA rules, thats another matter, but he didn't say that.

There are millions of drones in the air everyday. Since there are so many rule breakers, EVERYWHERE, there should be mass crashing of planes, helicopters all over the place...but it doesn't happen, not even once.
Why is that?? Not to pick on you, but I hate drone police in forums who make assumptions.

I have said this many, many times. YOU are the pilot in control, not some drone company. YOU are responsible for anything that may happen when you put up a craft in the air. YOU and ONLY YOU.

Yah, thats EXACTLY what he said he would do. Re-READ his comments. "It is NOT a companies right to determine how I may or may not use MY property that I paid for..." Totally agree with that statement. Now if he was saying that he doesn't need to follow FAA rules, thats another matter, but he didn't say that.

There are millions of drones in the air everyday. Since there are so many rule breakers, EVERYWHERE, there should be mass crashing of planes, helicopters all over the place...but it doesn't happen, not even once.
Why is that?? Not to pick on you, but I hate drone police in forums who make assumptions.

I have said this many, many times. YOU are the pilot in control, not some drone company. YOU are responsible for anything that may happen when you put up a craft in the air. YOU and ONLY YOU.
even when dozens of drones come falling out of the sky and crash down below, we still little to no property damage and pretty much no injuries. ok to have some rules and laws but not ok to demonize the drone and the drone pilot as if they are a problem to society and we need to pull out all the stops to prevent some fantastic catastrophic event. personally I think the drone manufacturers are going to need protection (in the form of a law) from a future single event that ultimately will happen and everybody will come after them (along with the criminal); it's bound to happen in this culture.

Reactions: Quad808
even when dozens of drones come falling out of the sky and crash down below, we still little to no property damage and pretty much no injuries. ok to have some rules and laws but not ok to demonize the drone and the drone pilot as if they are a problem to society and we need to pull out all the stops to prevent some fantastic catastrophic event. personally I think the drone manufacturers are going to need protection (in the form of a law) from a future single event that ultimately will happen and everybody will come after them (along with the criminal); it's bound to happen in this culture.
Good points, and while I think you may be right about someone going after the drone maker...I think DJI would be at a huge risk, more so than any other drone maker. Why? They sell their drones with NFZ geofencing as a "feature"...what happens when or if that feature stops working or malfunctions...something bad happens and the pilot then says that they always relied on the DJI geofencing, and since there wasn't any and they could take off....I would think that a court would rule that DJI would probably be liable for the malfunction....but I am not a lawyer, so just spit balling here!

This is what has me irritated 1. with DJI and 2 with the overreaching governments, especially in the US.

1. It is NOT a companies right to determine how I may or may not use MY property that I paid for. Its like buying a car then being told you can only drive it where or how the car salesman says. Its up to ME to determine that and NOBODY else.

2. The government, especially in the US on the federal level should have ZERO say in the matter PERIOD. Yet too many blindly follow along with and accept it more and more. Its absurd.
I understand your frustration with regulations, but the car analogy you propose is not valid. The car salesman has nothing to say about where you drive, but the government says you can't drive on the wrong side of the road, how fast you can go and where you may not park it. Some regulations may go too far, but most of them keep everybody safe. Drone regs are very new and we may see modifications as time goes on, but government should have the right to install regulations to keep everyone safe.

I understand your frustration with regulations, but the car analogy you propose is not valid. The car salesman has nothing to say about where you drive, but the government says you can't drive on the wrong side of the road, how fast you can go and where you may not park it. Some regulations may go too far, but most of them keep everybody safe. Drone regs are very new and we may see modifications as time goes on, but government should have the right to install regulations to keep everyone safe.
fred, I think the analogy was supposed to refer to the car salesperson and the manufacturer even though they are not necessarily the same in the car sales world. let's say you bought a car from a ford corporate dealership so you bought the car directly from ford or the company that made the car.

in some places, ford may not let you drive off or leave the parking lot behind the wheel with that car unless you have some type of insurance and/or drivers license. in some places, ford may not let you purchase that car or take possession of the title unless you present a valid government id. some of us feel that ford has no such business enforcing those laws and while most of us feel the state has such an interest, it has less to do with safety and more to do with control. still, we have been screwed over for so many years in the car industry (rules and regulation has gotten worse, not better) that we take it for granted and we are ok with it even though it has nothing to do with safety and more to do with something else like revenue, etc.

is that what is happening in the drone industry? probably not (yet) but it's going in that direction. before you know it, retailers will be collecting personal information for all uav sales, maintaining and maybe even sharing databases with governments, and likely some sort of pos registration with the faa. sellers didn't make the rules but they will comply. in the meantime, we're not there yet but we are headed in that direction a lot more quickly than the horrendous car industry which is tied to trillions of dollars of property damage, billions of dollars in injury, millions of "safety" violations, and hundreds of thousands of fatalities unlike drones which are 0 for a gazillion. so who is exactly in need of more "safety" rules and regulation?

Here is my analogy:

You go to the car dealer and look over all the cars and you decide on two models. One car is named DJI coupe, very nice....good details, fast engine....a real nice buy. The other is named Anything but DJI and is nice, maybe not as polished as the DJI coupe. So what do you do? You go for a test drive.

You take out the Anything but DJI model, and drive down the street. Being the safe driver you are, you keep within the posted speed limit, but you want to check the "get up and go" of the "Anything but DJI model" you accelerate over the speed limit, then go back down to the speed limit and continue your drive. This model happens to have good suspension, so you turn off the pavement onto a private road (FAA owned, in which they gave you permission to drive on) to test the off-road performance. Its bumpy, but all goes well. You return to the dealer.

Now you go and do the same test drive with the DJI coupe. Wow, this is nice! Good power, details are good....its really well put together. A big smile crosses your face. This is the "one" for you, you say to yourself. You go to start it up, but it won't start. "Sorry" the salesman says, you need to create an account on this model, before it will let you start it up and drive. Ok, you then do that, and start it up. Now, lets go and test the power this baby has! You get on the road and mash the pedal, but your DJI coupe won't go any faster than the posted speed limit, no matter what you do. The salesman tries to help you and says...oh....sorry, but this model won't go past the posted speed limit. Its the law. In order to do that, and there is no guarantee that this will be approved, you will need to apply for an unlock from China, where this car is made. You have to give them the registration of the car, + a lot of your personal information and maybe they will unlock this for you, but only for 30 minutes, and maybe they won't unlock it.
Ok, screw that you say, lets take this baby off-road to check the suspension. You turn off the pavement onto the private road. The DJI coupe immediately stops. I mean stops in its tracks. You can't go forward, you can't go backwards...nothing. Then the engine shuts off. The salesman then turns to you and says...."This is by design. You don't have permission to drive on this private road, so again, you will need to only drive on the pavement like everyone else, or apply for an unlock from China." Wow. You do have permission to drive on that road, since you ok'd it with the owner ahead of time. (FAA)You return back to the dealership, go onto the internet and find a certain software company that will unlock your DJI Coupe. (hahahaha)

While the Anything but DJI model will allow you the freedom to control and drive the vehicle how you like, you broke the law by going faster than the posted speed limit AND drove in a place you didn't have permission to drive in. (well you did for my example) Shame on you. Gov't rules are there to keep you safe, you rebel....but no one was hurt, and you drove safely.

Laws are there for (mostly) good reasons, and I don't think anyone would condone flying a drone in an unsafe manner, just like no one would condone driving a car in an unsafe manner, hundreds of thousands of people do so every single day, breaking every imaginable law as it pertains to cars on public roads.

Drones are no different, and dare I say...much safer than any car. Its the "perceived" danger that a drone can "possibly" do.

Yes they are and no it hasn’t happened Yet.
And that you hate drone police doesn’t matter to me.
But when one does take down one and your wife and kids are in it
maybe you will change your tune .
And if not mistaken your in other of our forums as a hacker to fly
as you please. So excuse me if your opinion is worthless. 🙄

Nice.
"And if not mistaken your in other of our forums as a hacker to fly
as you please. So excuse me if your opinion is worthless."

Your opinion. And not accurate about me at all. Brush up on your facts before making stuff up. And I am in a lot of forums.

Nice.
"And if not mistaken your in other of our forums as a hacker to fly
as you please. So excuse me if your opinion is worthless."

Your opinion. And not accurate about me at all. Brush up on your facts before making stuff up. And I am in a lot of forums.
Then excuse my statement I will go back and check but you not caring still stands.

Then excuse my statement I will go back and check but you not caring still stands.
I am sorry I only see you in Mavic in Our forums. It was your warnings there that made me think about in our forums.
See you in other groups and you are a hacker.
Anymore message me do not post it or it will get deleted as your last post.

Here is my analogy:

You go to the car dealer and look over all the cars and you decide on two models. One car is named DJI coupe, very nice....good details, fast engine....a real nice buy. The other is named Anything but DJI and is nice, maybe not as polished as the DJI coupe. So what do you do? You go for a test drive.

You take out the Anything but DJI model, and drive down the street. Being the safe driver you are, you keep within the posted speed limit, but you want to check the "get up and go" of the "Anything but DJI model" you accelerate over the speed limit, then go back down to the speed limit and continue your drive. This model happens to have good suspension, so you turn off the pavement onto a private road (FAA owned, in which they gave you permission to drive on) to test the off-road performance. Its bumpy, but all goes well. You return to the dealer.

Now you go and do the same test drive with the DJI coupe. Wow, this is nice! Good power, details are good....its really well put together. A big smile crosses your face. This is the "one" for you, you say to yourself. You go to start it up, but it won't start. "Sorry" the salesman says, you need to create an account on this model, before it will let you start it up and drive. Ok, you then do that, and start it up. Now, lets go and test the power this baby has! You get on the road and mash the pedal, but your DJI coupe won't go any faster than the posted speed limit, no matter what you do. The salesman tries to help you and says...oh....sorry, but this model won't go past the posted speed limit. Its the law. In order to do that, and there is no guarantee that this will be approved, you will need to apply for an unlock from China, where this car is made. You have to give them the registration of the car, + a lot of your personal information and maybe they will unlock this for you, but only for 30 minutes, and maybe they won't unlock it.
Ok, screw that you say, lets take this baby off-road to check the suspension. You turn off the pavement onto the private road. The DJI coupe immediately stops. I mean stops in its tracks. You can't go forward, you can't go backwards...nothing. Then the engine shuts off. The salesman then turns to you and says...."This is by design. You don't have permission to drive on this private road, so again, you will need to only drive on the pavement like everyone else, or apply for an unlock from China." Wow. You do have permission to drive on that road, since you ok'd it with the owner ahead of time. (FAA)You return back to the dealership, go onto the internet and find a certain software company that will unlock your DJI Coupe. (hahahaha)

While the Anything but DJI model will allow you the freedom to control and drive the vehicle how you like, you broke the law by going faster than the posted speed limit AND drove in a place you didn't have permission to drive in. (well you did for my example) Shame on you. Gov't rules are there to keep you safe, you rebel....but no one was hurt, and you drove safely.

Laws are there for (mostly) good reasons, and I don't think anyone would condone flying a drone in an unsafe manner, just like no one would condone driving a car in an unsafe manner, hundreds of thousands of people do so every single day, breaking every imaginable law as it pertains to cars on public roads.

Drones are no different, and dare I say...much safer than any car. Its the "perceived" danger that a drone can "possibly" do.
Respond, if your still able to post on this forum. I'm curious. Just say something like , "still here".

Just so you know, I may buy DJI, but am always on the lookout for any "police state" removal modifications. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials