Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

UNBELIEVABLE! NFZ activated on my Autel Evo 2 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaetanofasulo

Reaction score
I attached a Crystal Sky to my Evo 2 Pro controller and downloaded the Autel Explorer app. It automatically started and completed a "FlySafe" download to my aircraft and now I can't start up in NFZs any longer. This was a great feature to not have to unlock every time especially since even when I had Auth. to fly in areas the unlock didn't work in my DJI drones. Has any one heard of this? How can I factory reset the drone an d controller? Or remove the FlySafe file?

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
I attached a Crystal Sky to my Evo 2 Pro controller and downloaded the Autel Explorer app. It automatically started and completed a "FlySafe" download to my aircraft and now I can't start up in NFZs any longer. This was a great feature to not have to unlock every time especially since even when I had Auth. to fly in areas the unlock didn't work in my DJI drones. Has any one heard of this? How can I factory reset the drone an d controller? Or remove the FlySafe file?

Are you in the USA? This was supposed to only be implemented in certain places overseas. Is there no way to accept the risk to remove the lock?

Reactions: gaetanofasulo
Are you in the USA? This was supposed to only be implemented in certain places overseas. Is there no way to accept the risk to remove the lock?
I am in the US. I don't even see the normal unlock and risk warnings.

I am in the US. I don't even see the normal unlock and risk warnings.

That sounds pretty bad, I would contact Autel. If you have your original controller you might be able to try binding the original controller instead. I'm guessing the NFZ block is in the app on the SC.

That sounds pretty bad, I would contact Autel. If you have your original controller you might be able to try binding the original controller instead. I'm guessing the NFZ block is in the app on the SC.
Yes it started in the CS app. and uploaded to the aircraft. I did put the ipad on the controller but it was the same thing. It is only one controller and two different displays. I just put a ticket into Autel. I am interested in what they may have to say. Thanks.

Reactions: dronographer
This is what has me irritated 1. with DJI and 2 with the overreaching governments, especially in the US.

1. It is NOT a companies right to determine how I may or may not use MY property that I paid for. Its like buying a car then being told you can only drive it where or how the car salesman says. Its up to ME to determine that and NOBODY else.

2. The government, especially in the US on the federal level should have ZERO say in the matter PERIOD. Yet too many blindly follow along with and accept it more and more. Its absurd.

Yes, what should happen will happen. Why like other builders, Autel would escape it.
If he wants to continue the sale of the Evo 2 and under the constraint of the government, he has no choice, as the end user must submit to the regulations of the country.
If you don't have to take a forbidden direction, you don't take it.
Perhaps also that the stoppage of Evo 1 is also partly due to this. It is now impossible to put a new firmware on it with the NFZ since it is no longer in the catalog.

That’s weird! Where I normally fly, I used to get a warning when approaching a local area. Since I updated to the newest application and firmware versions, I no longer get the warning I would get prior to updating.

FLYSAFE is a DJI NFZ update. The Crystal Sky is locked down by DJI and unable to install 3rd party apps and have them work correctly. How did you install Autel Explorer...did you root the CS and side load?
Autel ONLY enforces NFZ in Japan and China areas. Ditch your CS and just the RC itself and see if there still is an issue. I bet not. I have never seen any FLYSAFE update being sent to the craft or RC, unless doing a full firmware update.
Not doubting your experience, but not seen this.

FLYSAFE is a DJI NFZ update. The Crystal Sky is locked down by DJI and unable to install 3rd party apps and have them work correctly. How did you install Autel Explorer...did you root the CS and side load?
Autel ONLY enforces NFZ in Japan and China areas. Ditch your CS and just the RC itself and see if there still is an issue. I bet not. I have never seen any FLYSAFE update being sent to the craft or RC, unless doing a full firmware update.
Not doubting your experience, but not seen this.

It does seem like a nearly impossible situation to be in....that's why I recommended using the stock controller as well. I misread and thought the OP meant the new smart controller did this; but you are absolutely right, I now have a hard time believing this is even a real scenario. Maybe the OP is a DJI plant :cool:

it seems so strange this experience.
Could you try with another device, i.e. Android device and not CS?

It does seem like a nearly impossible situation to be in....that's why I recommended using the stock controller as well. I misread and thought the OP meant the new smart controller did this; but you are absolutely right, I now have a hard time believing this is even a real scenario. Maybe the OP is a DJI plant :cool:
I do not put it past "DJI Trolls" to do this...new user, no posts...but that in itself could mean nothing....hopefully we hear back from the OP.

I do not put it past "DJI Trolls" to do this...new user, no posts...but that in itself could mean nothing....hopefully we hear back from the OP.
Seems that the admins let replies by easier.

Ok, I am not a DJI plant at all. I am a Real Estate Photographer that currently owns 3 drones. One day I had LAANC auth. to fly 50' at a job and my Mavic 2 pro would not unlock. I decided it was time to get an Evo 2 Pro to be able to fly without the hassle of unlocking. That's my back story. I have been using an ipad and it has been great, no issues at all. But now, it is summer and the sun is blazing here is Florida. I looked at using my Crystal Sky with my Evo 2 Pro. Basically I watched a video on youtube (not sure if I should post link here) and downloaded an apk file to install Autel Explorer on the CS. It went well and it works, but during the install it uploaded the "FlySafe" database to the aircraft. I saw it happening but didn't pull the battery or try to stop it thinking that there was no way it would be a problem. I didn't root or side load anything that I am aware of. Now it's just like my other drones but worse because I don't see a way to unlock. I put the ipad display back on the controller and because the flysafe is on the aircraft it does the same exact thing. I guess Ill get some pictures. I got to drive to a grid area and get them there. --- I Just got back from testing and am editing this. I went to a 200' grid used my ipad and there were no problems. I went to a 0' grid and used my ipad and it said NFZ and wouldn't start the props. So, I added two photos of the CS working on my Autel Evo 2 Pro controller, you know, to verify that this thread is legit. Works really well. I'm still waiting on Autel support to email me back.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.45.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.45.33 PM.png
    9 MB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.46.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.46.45 PM.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.57.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.57.06 PM.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 82
I'm not familiar with the FlySafe app, but can't imagine how it was installed on the aircraft....

• Wow
I'm not familiar with the FlySafe app, but can't imagine how it was installed on the aircraft....
Flysafe is the geofencing database. It was uploaded to the aircraft with a message that said it was compulsory. Can other Evo 2 Pros start in 0' Grids or NFZ? I never tried before this CS try out.

Yes...from the factory Autel drones...at least in the USA are not geofenced. If memory serves, they are Geofenced only in Italy and China.

Just one of the reasons I went with the Evo2 Pro...

I can only image that something related to the CS caused this.

Yes...from the factory Autel drones...at least in the USA are not geofenced. If memory serves, they are Geofenced only in Italy and China.

Just one of the reasons I went with the Evo2 Pro...

I can only image that something related to the CS caused this.
Exactly, so my question is can I reset the drone to factory or delete that flysafe database?

This was the reply that Autel Robotics give to me, about the Flysafe Update:
"It is only a warning message to inform you that you are in the no-fly zone to make sure users know that.
But for users in China and Japan, it will prevent you from flying drones as the local regulation required.
"
Here in Italy, at now, there is no NFZ with Autel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg