Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tripltek T7121 Pro - Cable connection

• Thread starter Deleted member 6303
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6303

When purchasing USB C style cables please be aware of the following - see attached pdf. The connector cable that comes with the unit when measured has a thickness of .2430 with an entry diameter of .2525 (all good) When purchasing higher quality cables the outside diameters are thicker in dimension thus giving a false feeling of being connected to the unit when in fact you are connected to nothing.

Unit is itself has no lag and works perfect. Hope this helps as it almost bit me hard. All the new units are now shipped with all updates and performs flawlessly.

Attachments

• TripleTek Cable Measurements.pdf
    357.8 KB · Views: 46
Bob,
Does this cable allow the Tripltek tablet to pull continuous power from the EVO 2 remote controller? If so, I thought the best cable was one that didn't pull power or at least minimal power from the RC.

Bob,
Does this cable allow the Tripltek tablet to pull continuous power from the EVO 2 remote controller? If so, I thought the best cable was one that didn't pull power or at least minimal power from the RC.
I cant answer that for sure but here is what I know, Let be known I only fly professionally. Get her up and video or photo then land her. My average flights are 16 to 20 minutes long. The tablet will have 96% battery after 6 flights. I hear and see a lot of folks talking about drain etc. but to be honest my tablet seems to last forever. I would tell you the Tripltek Support is probably the best I have ever seen. Go to the the website with that cable info and inquire, I promise they will let you know. Hope this helps.

I cant answer that for sure but here is what I know, Let be known I only fly professionally. Get her up and video or photo then land her. My average flights are 16 to 20 minutes long. The tablet will have 96% battery after 6 flights. I hear and see a lot of folks talking about drain etc. but to be honest my tablet seems to last forever. I would tell you the Tripltek Support is probably the best I have ever seen. Go to the the website with that cable info and inquire, I promise they will let you know. Hope this helps.
It does help...Thanks for your professional insight!

Bob,
They have a new cable that is specific to the tablet you're using. They have different resistors to drastically reduce the charging to the tablet from the Autel controller.

Having said that I am hearing there has been a firmware change that does this within the controller or app. Not sure. Maybe both. I found if I use the Tripltek made cable I have to start the drone first or it will not connect with the controller and app properly.

I went through two battery packs yesterday and a full charge on the controller using a standard cable. I had a 71% charge left on the controller.

Unless I know I am going to go through more than 4 battery packs in one day between a controller charge; I won't use the Tripltek cable. I think their efforts are admirable and they sell a fantastic tablet that I wouldn't want to be without but the cable is lacking due to this quirk of having to start the drone first.

I offer this info so you can make an informed decision. Tripltek may be aware of this and are changing the way they make these cables so this info may no longer be valid for all I know. Best to check with them directly for the most current info. I bought this cable in 2/21.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
I sent TT an email asking about the charging issue between Autel EVO 2 controller and TT Pro tablet and this was their response:

It is not problem at all , the regular cable is only sending 0.45 amps We sell a mod cable that get down to 0.01 amps. The results are with the regular cable 0.45 amps you can run about 5 batteries and with the mod cable and 0.01 amps about 7.

The TRIPLTEK TEAM
indication

I asked if she could send me their website link to the "modified" cable...

Scroll to the bottom of that page and there is the modified cable mentioned...

$40 + $9 s&h....WOW! I guess this cable is not an off-the-shelf cable so they have to spend actual "man-hours" to modify it...

I sent TT an email asking about the charging issue between Autel EVO 2 controller and TT Pro tablet and this was their response:

It is not problem at all , the regular cable is only sending 0.45 amps We sell a mod cable that get down to 0.01 amps. The results are with the regular cable 0.45 amps you can run about 5 batteries and with the mod cable and 0.01 amps about 7.

The TRIPLTEK TEAM
indication

I asked if she could send me their website link to the "modified" cable...

Scroll to the bottom of that page and there is the modified cable mentioned...

$40 + $9 s&h....WOW! I guess this cable is not an off-the-shelf cable so they have to spend actual "man-hours" to modify it...
I guess they don't yet know about the issue with having to start the drone first.

And yes; they are quite proud of that cable. Like I said; unless you're going to fly more than 4 battery packs between charging then save your money. If I knew then what I know now I would have.

Reactions: rwm01 and TRIPLTEK
I guess they don't yet know about the issue with having to start the drone first.

And yes; they are quite proud of that cable. Like I said; unless you're going to fly more than 4 battery packs between charging then save your money. If I knew then what I know now I would have.
It is a great point. If you have more than 4-5 battery packs available to fly at the same time, it could make sense to use the cable mod. Otherwise, you will need to recharge the batteries anyway and at the same time, you will be charging your controller. We do not have this cable mod available for sale, because it has to be hand made for one of our technicians, and it is involving too much time to make it properly.

Thanks for all the great info, I just ordered the TT Pro tablet.
It will be nice to not have to move around trying to find some shade to see the screen.

Fly safe and legal.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo