Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

This video got me Banned from Mavic Pilots. It's a CGI video. It Shows a Helicopter flying dangerously close to a drone.

quinn karter

Reaction score
DirkClod says it's click bait. But I like it. Looks cool to me. I didn't say it was CGI until later, but didn't want it to lose it's shock value. Check it out. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

From the Youtube description: "Well you all like to see rare footage, right? So I searched and searched and asked friend after friend. This is what we found. It'll shock and amaze, as well as anger some of us in the drone arena. What was the drone pilot doing. Taking a lunch break? No he was working hard to create this video. It's called computer generated imaging. The Helicopter is a fake. But, I thought you all would enjoy watching an impossibly possible real-world scenario play out on the "silver screen". How was it made? First the video was shot with a DJI air2S, the video was then converted into individual images, to make it easier to work with. This sequence of images was put into camera solving software, which estimates the location, height, focal length, and movement of the drones camera. This information is put into 3d rendering software. Now we have an empty scene, with a reconstructed camera. Then a 3D Helicopter is rigged and flown in front of the computer generated camera with the original video as it's backdrop. Then the video with the 3d helicopter is rendered and , put into a video editor for post work, like adding sound and creating slow motion, etc.

Sorry you got banned... hopefully its just for a short time... I like having you over at MavicPilots.

I think it would have been seen right away as fake since there is sound.

btw, dirk is on this forum as well.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Sorry you got banned... hopefully its just for a short time... I like having you over at MavicPilots.
I think it would have been seen right away as fake since there is sound.

btw, dirk is on this forum as well.
Maybe he got upset, because I didn't say it was CGI in the title. I put that part in the description and also said, "read the description" in the title.
Not sure what the misunderstanding was or is.
Edit: looks like everything is ok now. I'm able to log in again.
I enjoy being apart of MavicPilots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saladshooter
DirkClod says it's click bait. But I like it. Looks cool to me. I didn't say it was CGI until later, but didn't want it to lose it's shock value. Check it out. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

From the Youtube description: "Well you all like to see rare footage, right? So I searched and searched and asked friend after friend. This is what we found. It'll shock and amaze, as well as anger some of us in the drone arena. What was the drone pilot doing. Taking a lunch break? No he was working hard to create this video. It's called computer generated imaging. The Helicopter is a fake. But, I thought you all would enjoy watching an impossibly possible real-world scenario play out on the "silver screen". How was it made? First the video was shot with a DJI air2S, the video was then converted into individual images, to make it easier to work with. This sequence of images was put into camera solving software, which estimates the location, height, focal length, and movement of the drones camera. This information is put into 3d rendering software. Now we have an empty scene, with a reconstructed camera. Then a 3D Helicopter is rigged and flown in front of the computer generated camera with the original video as it's backdrop. Then the video with the 3d helicopter is rendered and , put into a video editor for post work, like adding sound and creating slow motion, etc.
You posted a fake video. I think that Could be the reason why you got banned!

Reactions: waltermitty
You posted a fake video. I think that Could be the reason why you got banned!
I clearly stated it was fake, maybe that's why I got unbanned later. It wasn't because it was fake, the moderator thought it was "click bait". I have no reason for people to click on the video. If they want to watch it, after reading the description, then they can or can't. I clearly tell people to read the description. But yeah, some people, just won't or don't read the fine print. It's not fake anyway, it's Virtual Reality, or Computer Graphics Imagery. I guess it looked too real.

Well, your title is telling everything. Is clickbait, created to induce error and expect some else in video.
You acted like that hungry for click desperados that put in title any BS just to get clicked...Sorry mate, a true description should be mentioning Computer Generated.

"Very Low Flying Helicopter Flies Right Passed a Drone"​

Reactions: waltermitty

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja