Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Think about it!

Don Poteet

Reaction score
Every XStar owner should let Autel know their frustration about not providing batteries. You should also keep in mind that your EVO that you are thinking of buying may be just a door stop in a couple years if they fail to support it.

It is a 5-year-old discontinued product that has been superseded by two other generations of product. Making another production run of batteries for such a thing would make very little business sense and likely hurt and lose money that doesn't exist to lose. Don't hold your breath.

Too little too late. If they find it too cumbersome to order batteries and sell them then they've had all of the business they are going to have from me. I moved on and went to the dark side.

Reactions: Marcle
Too little too late. If they find it too cumbersome to order batteries and sell them then they've had all of the business they are going to have from me. I moved on and went to the dark side.
It's not a matter of simply ordering batteries and selling them. They have to be contracted, material sourced, manufactured, warehoused, orders processed, shipped, and also handle warranty and support. All of that is going to cost a lot more than they would ever make back selling batteries for a discontinued product that's five years old and superseded by two other products.

It's not a matter of simply ordering batteries and selling them. They have to be contracted, material sourced, manufactured, warehoused, orders processed, shipped, and also handle warranty and support. All of that is going to cost a lot more than they would ever make back selling batteries for a discontinued product that's five years old and superseded by two other products.
It is a simple matter of ordering batteries and selling them especially if they already had all that in place (which they obviously did). No it will not make a fortune but it will keep customers happy.
Hope we don't see you in the same boat in the near future. Good luck.

Ok you don't seem to understand that they've been already selling them for 5 years.

Yes I understand that. That doesn't mean they have more. it's not like they manufacture these things forever. They manufacture tens of thousands of them at once in a production run, and sell that stock for years. When that stock runs out, they're gone. The entire manufacturing process has to start over again

well if it says simple as you seem to think it is, you should probably start making them and selling them and be everyone's hero.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I really think that Autel is mainly targeting what they think is sort of an upper class of drone users whereas DJI targets everyone and I think it will backfire on Autel if they keep operating in this way. Not everyone wants to buy a 2000 dollar drone every two years. Also, I doubt if you would have any problems finding any part for a DJI. I still have the old Mavic Pro and parts are fairly readily available including batteries.

Reactions: Peter Goldwing
You can still buy batteries for a old Phantom 2.
At the very least Autel could send out a firmware update that would allow third party batteries to be used in the X-Star. It would be a one time fix for them and an opportunity for a 3rd party hardware manufacture to make some coin. Lots of other UAV's work this way including DJI's older models.

Reactions: Peter Goldwing
No third-party manufacturer was interested in making batteries for the 3DR Solo either. Just because something can be produced does not mean any company, whether the original manufacturer or someone else, is going to take the significant financial risk of doing it.

They're all capable of looking at the numbers and forecasting how many they think they can sell at what price point. If they can't sell enough at the necessary price point to be profitable, it's not going to happen. The fact that they're not making them should answer your questions as to why. If it was a profitable thing to sell, they would already be available.

No third-party manufacturer was interested in making batteries for the 3DR Solo either. Just because something can be produced does not mean any company, whether the original manufacturer or someone else, is going to take the significant financial risk of doing it.

They're all capable of looking at the numbers and forecasting how many they think they can sell at what price point. If they can't sell enough at the necessary price point to be profitable, it's not going to happen. The fact that they're not making them should answer your questions as to why. If it was a profitable thing to sell, they would already be available.

Like I said unlock the firmware and I will use a Lipo that is 1\3 the cost with a simple XT60 Connector. Many of us do just that with other platforms.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb