Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Beware of Evo Max 4t/4n purchase

wcsodennie

Reaction score
Trying to purchase the pre order since December as they said it would be shipping mid March. Here’s the most recent email

“At present, the equipment you asked about is in stock, but it is only in the warehouse in China. Due to the restriction, it cannot be shipped temporarily.

We recommend that you wait a few months, waiting for policy changes, before ordering.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Sophia | Autelpilot Support Team
www.autelpilot.com

Should have purchased the m30t. What a moron I am thinking Autel was coming along. More like still stringing along. I bit, hook, line, and sinker, all the pretty pictures and videos and new technologies. What a farce.
The aircraft isn’t bad but everything around it sucks.

Which model did you buy? I bought one a few weeks back from an eBay seller and got it 2 days later. Odd that Autelpilot didn't have it in stock yet. I'd just cancel the order and charge back the credit card if they don't give you a refund promptly. Several places have them in stock.

Tho, be careful of the controllers... the one I got with my 4t isn't charging and now is totally dead. Didn't have any issues with the same kind of controller that I got with my 640 dual.

--Chris

I bought the max 4t. It was in stock. I got that fine. It was the crap around the purchase then finding that nothing they promised as an enterprise drone is actually available. Spotlight/speaker combo which i have been waiting for and paid for, for 3 months while Autel robotics claimed to have them coming in mid march. I then get the run around about them still being in pre order. I asked how there is one on YouTube being demo’d by a company. Then I am told they have them in stock in China but now have a restriction to be able to ship. Maybe in a couple of months. It is the exact BS that I read before I purchased that made me leery….but I still went ahead like an idiot instead of sticking with the tried and true…DJIl THere is no way in hell Autel will every compete with DJI. They just dont commit themselves when offering up new products. The Evo Max 4t had to have a firmware update just to get half of what was promised in the advertisement you see on the websites. Probably still doesn’t do some of what was promised but I wont know until I get together with some other to form a mesh network with them. See if they can communicate. Now with the Autel Alpha out, this Evo Max is as good as shutdown. Just like the Evo II 640T v3. Versions are supposed to get better but I hear just about everyone on these forums say, Autel just dropped the ball on the product. Left the customers hanging. That Autel was shifting to Enterprise drones. Uh, no. They wont commit to that either.
I just cant take it any more. If i could get some fool to buy this set up I would pay the extra to go back to DJI and get the M30T in a heartbeat.

Trying to purchase the pre order since December as they said it would be shipping mid March. Here’s the most recent email

“At present, the equipment you asked about is in stock, but it is only in the warehouse in China. Due to the restriction, it cannot be shipped temporarily.

We recommend that you wait a few months, waiting for policy changes, before ordering.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Sophia | Autelpilot Support Team
www.autelpilot.com

Should have purchased the m30t. What a moron I am thinking Autel was coming along. More like still stringing along. I bit, hook, line, and sinker, all the pretty pictures and videos and new technologies. What a farce.
The aircraft isn’t bad but everything around it sucks.
Just a heads up. Autelpilot.com is not affiliated with Autel in any way and they are a "basement" seller in China. We have massive amount of experience on the 4T / 4N / and Alpha and I can say without any hesitation that Autel is making the right strides to get their service and support reputation fixed.

Reactions: ADOC
Just a heads up. Autelpilot.com is not affiliated with Autel in any way and they are a "basement" seller in China. We have massive amount of experience on the 4T / 4N / and Alpha and I can say without any hesitation that Autel is making the right strides to get their service and support reputation fixed.
Can you give me any information about the information about the shipping of the spotlight/speaker combo? I guess I need to be more patient. I see the huge potential of what I have in the Evo max but I want it yesterday as I think about what I could have purchased in the DJI product. I don’t want to be behind the competition with my business because I went the slow-to-the-plate Autel product. I want so badly for them to succeed. I would love to be a part of that movement but love information that I can feed people to keep them informed and optimistic.
In the law enforcement position I retired from recently I was always involved in research and development of products and services we used. Loved being a part of product development and know what goes into it so being on the outside of this product is frustrating not having information and sways me to the side of pessimism unfortunately.
Thanks you for the future outlook and other info you might be able to give me looking forward.

They have said this for many years now. I’d at least be better off in the meantime. If the reasoning behind fcc cutting off DJI, then Autel is right behind them.

Just be careful that autelpilot doesn’t ship you a used drone instead of new. They’ve sent me two used ones so far trying to pass them off as new. First one has obvious signs of wear. Second had several WiFi signals programmed in including the Autel service center in Bothel Washington and several hours of footage of flights in china saved on the remote.
If you get anything from autopilot.com that is not factory sealed, refuse it and send it back immediately.

Reactions: Takashira
Doesn’t sound like a great experience the OP is having. I’ve started buying autel Drones because I’m sick of DJI condescension. Their products have been good over the years no doubt about it. I had the fly safe fail on me one time too many. I have not sold my DJI enterprise Drones yet but I now I have bought a max 4T and a 640 T enterprise V3. So far I am getting great results with these Drones. Primarily using them for inspections. Have tried a couple of mapping jobs as well. I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality or accuracy. Both of my Autels have RTK modules on them. I am using Emlid stations and configure local NTRIP connections, which both drones connect to and produce fixed connections. I have contacted support with a couple of questions about the thermal behaviour on the 640 T enterprise. That was four days ago and I have not heard back.
I also bought a nano plus. Over the past couple years I have kept a sub 250 with me in the case of an emergency where I cannot get approval in time for a mission. Sometimes the sub 250 Drone save my bacon. That little nano has a fantastic camera. One thing that is consistent with all three of these recently bought drones is that the connectivity is for superior to anything I’ve experienced with my DJI Drones, including the Matrice series. I suppose I can’t really complain about matrice connectivity, but the autel is definitely better. The nano plus is night and day. Nano signal strength is much stronger and significantly better range than any of the DJI mini series drones I have used.
Both of my smart controller V3‘s have worked flawlessly. Great battery life and that screen is amazing. All three drones also have much better low light performance and the of the DJI enterprise or consumer drone I have. Again, I can complain about the DJI low light performance of the enterprise drones and also the mini three pro that I keep as my sub 250 emergency Drone. Autels are just simply better.
I sure never meant for this response to be so long winded. I’m just responding to share my experience with the Drones I have bought so far.

Reactions: Takashira
Ordered my Autel Max 4T February 18th and this is April 09 and still do not have it! My first and last Autel!

Ordered my Autel Max 4T February 18th and this is April 09 and still do not have it! My first and last Autel!
Who did you buy it from and where are you located? Most of the resellers of Autel stuff have stock in the US and ship pretty quickly.

I'd just call your credit card company at this point and initiate a chargeback, then find a reputable dealer to buy from.

Reactions: Stormpro
Autel 4T's are in stock and ready to ship. If you still do not have it from whoever you ordered it from, cancel that charge. I can have one at your door, tomorrow. Give me a call if you run into any problems - [email protected] - 239-790-1950

Who did you buy it from and where are you located? Most of the resellers of Autel stuff have stock in the US and ship pretty quickly.

I'd just call your credit card company at this point and initiate a chargeback, then find a reputable dealer to buy from.
They said they are going to make it right and I should have it by end of week. I am waiting. Two months is a long time!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb