Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

Does anyone know what Level 8 means in terms of wind? the release i just saw said it can fly in up to level 8 wind??

I had a tilt issue in the beginning until I recalibrated outside making absolutely sure I was level in all directions.

I had a tilt issue in the beginning until I recalibrated outside making absolutely sure I was level in all directions.
I didn't have to recalibrate... It was fixed and flew very well under a bridge.

Tried looking that level 8 thing up earlier and couldnt find anything on it. When I had my poweregg it said level 5 and supposedly that was 22.3mph.
Now this may be meaningless but if you divide 22.3 by 5 you get 4.46 per level which would give you 8 x 4.46 = 35.68mph which sounds reasonable.
How do they determine what wind resistance is? I would think the ability to maintain its position within a reasonable circumference and height. Could be way off on that too.
Companies are sneaky and like defining things different ways to make their product stand out.

Last edited:
Tried looking that level 8 thing up earlier and couldnt find anything on it. When I had my poweregg it said level 5 and supposedly that was 22.3mph.
Now this may be meaningless but if you divide 22.3 by 5 you get 4.46 per level which would give you 8 x 4.46 = 35.68mph which sounds reasonable.
How do they determine what wind resistance is? I would think the ability to maintain its position within a reasonable circumference and height. Could be way off on that too.
Companies are sneaky and like defining things different ways to make their product stand out.

I believe they could be referring to the Beaufort Wind Scale. A level 8 would be 34 to 40 knots. Something like 40 to 45 mph. If this is what they are referring to then that thing should hold place pretty damn good, it'll obviously eat up power pretty quickly but a little gust here and there should be no problem

Im sure DJI has taken care of their 1" sensor fiasco and could release a Mavic 2 Pro + pretty easily. The question is can they pull a rabbit out of their hat too.
Has there been any reports yet about their CES booth?

Apparently no thread on this topic on the DJI forums.
No rise in the C.E.S

Who wants 8k at a 1/2 sensor. 6k 1 inch with adjustable aperture is too sweet. Yeah a couple hundred more, but wow nice.

I did hear a rumor about $1499 as the price...but it's just a rumor from mid December. Like I'm sure all you guys have been, I have been watching videos from CES and Autel all day. I'm waiting to find out (like everyone else) when they are announcing pricing and AVAILABILITY. The interchangeable cameras are something that DJI doesn't offer. As far as FLIR, the 320 is too low a resolution to be worthwhile but depending on pricing, the 640/8k combo would be nice. Hopefully it is all as advertised because I really like my X-Star and their CS. I'll just be using proxies to edit from now on...

Originaldobo just release video where the Autel rep says 8k version is in production and costs $1495

6K is $1795

Originaldobo just release video where the Autel rep says 8k version is in production and costs $1495

6K is $1795
How the heck the 8K is cheaper than 6K? I saw the video but I got in shock with the pricing.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Well that's on par with Mavic 2 as I suspected;)

I also suspect I'm going to sleep. Hopefully the pricing isnt just a dream.

We still have plenty of great real estate for sale up here in Canada if you would like to change countries ;)
This way you can still fly your drones and not have to worry about your government ✌

isn’t Canada much more restrictive when it comes to drones?

The 6k is more capable technology with a manual shutter and other pro features. I suspect the 8k has a fixed shutter like the EVO 1.
8k is fixed. 1/2 inch sensor.
6k is adjustable apature f2.8 to f11 and full 1 inch sensor. So pony up the extra 300 in my opinion.
Really the 8k is just a gimmick to most

isn’t Canada much more restrictive when it comes to drones?
I kind agree with you. I see sometimes a YouTuber from Canada call Alan and he only flight in public parks in Canada. Everytime it flight, it needs to call the Canadian authority to let them know that he will be flying. That's just extreme.

I kind agree with you. I see sometimes a YouTuber from Canada call Alan and he only flight in public parks in Canada. Everytime it flight, it needs to call the Canadian authority to let them know that he will be flying. That's just extreme.
Well not quite. Basic operations can be within 100 ft of people, but not over people. No need to have air traffic control on speed dial. Advanced operations can be up to 15ft of people and can fly over people. There you need to have more of a flight plan and ways to deal with issues, up to calling in ATC or other government services. The test for that is very hard. It includes many questions that are totally irrelevant to drone piloting, like understanding hypoxia while flying. Plus a flight test where you prove your skills. Then you can be given an advanced certification for 2 years.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel