Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

Let's just say I think people will be disappointed. I am pretty sure the FAA and the backers of the new proposal would absolutely like to eliminate 80% of the drones from qualifying. The goal is to get hobbyists out of the sky. If you make all existing stock useless and make regs very difficult, you could eliminate most from staying in the air. That is what is coming. It makes logical sense, when you think of the continued over reach of big government. Anyways, I will not be getting any drone until things are much more clear. And yes, I would not buy a Evo 2 if it was useless in 3 years, and suspect I am not alone in that.

We still have plenty of great real estate for sale up here in Canada if you would like to change countries ;)
This way you can still fly your drones and not have to worry about your government ✌

• Haha
Reactions: Marcle
I would not be to worried if the new EVO 2 will comply and how it will effect Autels bottom line. If these new regs\law comes into effect the EVO 2 will be old news by then and hopefully Autel will be building the EVO 3 by then to stay with the competition.

It might take a while but I really don't think network based ID will happen as the FAA wants it, it will be more then likely broadcast only which means 80% or so of the UAV's out there will comply with the new rules\law. This seems to be how most in the know are leaning to now that the smoke is starting to clear. Let hope so.

If interested you can sign up here for the next Webinar:

Next Webinar Registration

Topic: NPRM - Info and Strategy Follow Up

Time: Jan 14, 2020 04:00 PM in Mountain Time (US and Canada)

I wanted to believe this too, but in the DroneU video and webinar you pointed me to, Paul is pretty insistent that the serial number and mfgr 'certification' requirements will still make our current drones non-compliant, even if they do have broadcast capability. That's my big worry now. Like many others, I have THOUSANDS invested in drones that could be rendered useless. Even though several of them are old, I still enjoy flying them.

LP

I doubt the Evo 2 would comply with this new situation. I wonder if they will delay release to see what happens in the next few months. Maybe if they hold off until end of summer they may be able to add something if necessary?

Not only the Evo 2 - but every drone released before the requirements are finalized and closed. I'm in line for a Skydio 2 - but I'm now rethinking it. I wonder how many others are going to just stop buying and end up hurting the industry further...

LP

We still have plenty of great real estate for sale up here in Canada if you would like to change countries ;)
This way you can still fly your drones and not have to worry about your government ✌

Funny...I've been looking to move to CA, but at my age, it would be for retirement. Unfortunately, your country isn't very friendly to retirees that don't already have relatives there. The only way for me to get there from what I can tell is to get a job offer...or $1.6M bucks to migrate as an 'investor'...

LP

Wow really? Just come as a refuge and we will give you 3600 bucks a month, a nice place to live and free health care. Just ask Justine to let you in, he lets everyone in.

LOL! If this country keeps heading the way it is, I may be coming there looking for asylum!

LP

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Let's just say I think people will be disappointed. I am pretty sure the FAA and the backers of the new proposal would absolutely like to eliminate 80% of the drones from qualifying. The goal is to get hobbyists out of the sky. If you make all existing stock useless and make regs very difficult, you could eliminate most from staying in the air. That is what is coming. It makes logical sense, when you think of the continued over reach of big government. Anyways, I will not be getting any drone until things are much more clear. And yes, I would not buy a Evo 2 if it was useless in 3 years, and suspect I am not alone in that.
I'd say that if we think in terms of delivery services like Amazon, you'd be correct. They'll see hobbyists and small businesses as competition for airspace. The consumer drone manufacturers want their drones sold, so they're going to have to do the lobbying and the fighting... But big money is in the delivery corner.

I see lots of issues with people not wanting autonomous lawnmowers flying around. Any prop is going to require some form of serious protection. Lawsuit anyone?

There is a small video on the auteldrones.com page, but since I'm limited to my phone right now, I can't post it here.

You guys can watch it in the link below:

I'm interested in the 8K camera with 48MP.

Thanks for posting the vid.
I must be missing something here as I've seen the specs since they were released. Is the 8k a 1" or something else?

Looks like 1/2" sensor, 9km video. Not sure what level 8 wind resistance is. 35min hover 40min flight under 0 wind (but I would be shocked if it could live up to that). Might be possible to 0 battery if it were allowed.
I think the cameras look to be more forward which would be great. Like the toughened up look that I'm guessing is also functional.

Last edited:
Price will matter, but this hits all the right marks. An interchangeable lens on this form factor drone is the right move.

I prefer the 48MP 8K camera. I don't fly in the dark and I already have a 1" interchangeable apperture drone. I don't have anything that can run 6K or 8K, but the level of detail in those MP ?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I prefer the 48MP 8K camera. I don't fly in the dark and I already have a 1" interchangeable apperture drone. I don't have anything that can run 6K or 8K, but the level of detail in those MP [emoji1786]
You will need a supercomputer and a powerful video card that can handle 8k without issue.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE