Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

Other specs:
  • Flight time on the new Autel Evo 2 is 35 minutes.
  • Top speed of 44 mph
  • Operating distance of 16 miles
  • 360-degree obstacle avoidance (omnidirectional binocular vision sensing system)
  • No geo-fencing
  • Remote controller with OLED screen built-in
  • Autel Explorer app
  • 90-minute charge time
  • GPS and ATTI flight modes
  • Go Home function
  • Accurate Landing feature
  • Starpoint Positioning System
  • Smart Tracking
  • Viewpoint
  • Gesture Commands
  • Take-off weight 1000 grams or 2 lb 3 oz

I should note here that there's a bit of an argument going on in the FB group about that 16 mile claim. 16 Miles using current 2.4GHz technology with reasonable power output seems like a pretty large stretch. In addition, the RC controller specs in the back of the manual clearly state 7km or 4.3miles - same as the Evo 1. I suspect that 16 mile statement is more of an 'operational range' - as in how much ground you can cover in 35 min of flight time rather than distance from the transmitter.

LP

Some more to think about. The manual mentions 3 gimbal/cam options. Wanna bet which 'one' you'll actually see? Hate to be skeptical here, but Autel's track record isn't very good. In addition, anybody else wondering if 'obstacle sensing' means actual obstacle AVOIDANCE this time?

LP

Some more to think about. The manual mentions 3 gimbal/cam options. Wanna bet which 'one' you'll actually see? Hate to be skeptical here, but Autel's track record isn't very good. In addition, anybody else wondering if 'obstacle sensing' means actual obstacle AVOIDANCE this time?

LP
That means the camera is interchangeable.

That means the camera is interchangeable.

I know that's how they designed it....but if you remember, the Evo 1 was supposed to have two build options - the current sensor, and a 1 inch sensor option. They never delivered on the 1 in sensor. I'm being skeptical and suggesting that they might only deliver on one cam...

LP

You would be surprised. Paul owns and loves his Evo. He has stated various times that his Evo is his go to drone for flying.

Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh. I have gained some insight from some of their videos.

Reactions: Ansia
It seems the DJI fanboys have already started their rant about a UAV that is not even off the drawing board. It don't take them long to start barking LOL

It seems the DJI fanboys have already started their rant about a UAV that is not even off the drawing board. It don't take them long to start barking LOL

Figured this would happen.

As a side note, since I'm guessing that my posts have come off a bit negative, let me clarify that I have no doubt that this is what Autel is PLANNING. I'm just very skeptical given their history with the Evo 1. The rest of my 'lack of interest' is simply just because it's not what I'm looking for in my next drone....simple preference.

LP

Reactions: Adamg1180
Well I never bought into the first EVO so I am pretty sure I will not be buying into this one either. Not because I don't like it for all that it should offer with those specs but I do not need it and am happy with what I have. I don't need a new toy every year or two years.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Well I never bought into the first EVO so I am pretty sure I will not be buying into this one either. Not because I don't like it for all that it should offer with those specs but I do not need it and am happy with what I have. I don't need a new toy every year or two years.

That's a great approach. I wish I didn't have gadget sickness. I have so much electronic crap piled up in my basement that they'll be excavating my house for the precious metals when I die.

LP

What do you mean you don't need a new drone every 2 years!? We should be allowed 1 each month!

Yeah...the battery is huge. I noticed that too. That's clearly how they are getting to the 35min flight time. The gimbal looks interesting too - and it appears to be customer replaceable. Just doesn't look like anything new and exciting to me....just more and bigger of the same. The reason Skydio has my eye is the beacon - and NO COMPASS at all.

LP
Out of curiosity, I just downloaded the iOS version of the Skydio 2 app. Read the safety rules. May not be as smart as the slavering hordes believe...

Reactions: Adamg1180
I mean I have a son who just turned 16 and spends all his time looking in the Auto Trader magazine for a 4x4 diesel truck so I know whats coming next on the list of big expenses. ? :eek::eek:
Send him out to work and earn enough for him to buy it on his own, or at least part of it. He will treasure it more that way.

Send him out to work and earn enough for him to buy it on his own, or at least part of it. He will treasure it more that way.
He will be on his next semester after Christmas. He is enrolled in the canadian military high school coop program. They pay them over 4 grand when completed. He also works part time part put will have to quit that job when the co-op starts.
Thanks for the parenting lesson though. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Adamg1180 and Ansia
Those pictures look like ugly prototypes, don’t they? I bet they gussie them up when (god knows) they hit the market. I vote for Flying Tigers decals!
D06B3810-2534-4B10-8687-4E9276BE740D.jpeg

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well as you know and some of us old f@rts that went through the X-Star EVO transformation a lot of what Autel says can be here today and gone tomorrow. It will be interesting to see when and if it actually comes out and with what options or are we going to have to wait each year for them to drop another bread crumb so we stay interested.

Like any of you will even have the computer processing power to handle 6k or 8k. lol

Although I agree you would have to have a good computer if you are dealing with 6K or 8K files but most of the better video editors allow you to work with proxies. Making your experience and work flow go smoother. Now if you have a really crappy computer that is not going to help you out.

This sounds all well and good but...until it goes on sale with these specs, I'll wait it out. Plus it will be interesting to see what the pricing would be especially for the 8k and the thermal. I'm really wanting to see this come out but for now I'm looking at the Parrot Anafi thermal for roof inspections with the added bonus of shooting straight up for underneath infrastructure inspections like bridges. I still use my XSP but it's getting long in the tooth and with no support for it any more, it has me looking at other options.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan