Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The firmware moon door

LowNoise

Reaction score
I was having a fantastic flight out today. Sunny skies. Calm winds. Warming temps (55F feels great right now). Pleasure cruising at 150 to 200ft. Just the regular route I take around the bridge and over the river. I am really impressed with my EVO’s range and signal strength. 5000ft out. Not one hiccup. Long winded way of getting to a struggle I am facing of thinking through EVO firmware updates. Constant DJI firmware issues and various restrictions are what led me to EVO. I am happy with its features and performance so why am I being tormented by new Autel updates! Was the latest fw game changing? Ugh and the batteries fw.

FWUs are indeed not needed for each flight... But, by my own experience, Autel has done a great job updating the FW making the flights even more 'refined'. :) (Speed changed from 3 settings to 2, responsiveness changed, etc.)

The only annoying thing about the FWU is that I have to do with all of my batteries... But, in time, that is done without too much effort on my end... just wish it would where I can do the FWU once... :)

FWUs are indeed not needed for each flight... But, by my own experience, Autel has done a great job updating the FW making the flights even more 'refined'. :) (Speed changed from 3 settings to 2, responsiveness changed, etc.)

The only annoying thing about the FWU is that I have to do with all of my batteries... But, in time, that is done without too much effort on my end... just wish it would where I can do the FWU once... :)
So, what you are saying is that, you do a FWU with one battery in the drone, then do it again if you have another battery? I get no notice of FWU when I change batteries.
butch

So, what you are saying is that, you do a FWU with one battery in the drone, then do it again if you have another battery? I get no notice of FWU when I change batteries.
butch

Exactly. What I learned is that I would need to 1) repeat the process for each of the batteries I own, and 2) wait about 60 seconds after entering the app (before pressing on GO FLY) for the update notification option to pop up... Autel has a relatively-new video on how this process would look like... and 3) there's nothing you can do to avoid updating on all of your batteries...

;)

Humm, I have two batteries but have had only a notice to appear once on my app. I always wait a couple minutes to see if an FWU notice appears.
Anyway, my evo is in the shop now because of pilot error,:eek: The email from Autel said it was on the way home and updated with latest firmware. On a further note, when I sent it in they requested not to send in the battery, how do they update my batteries when they are home in my carry case? Makes no sense to a county boy.:rolleyes:
butch........

Humm, I have two batteries but have had only a notice to appear once on my app. I always wait a couple minutes to see if an FWU notice appears.
Anyway, my evo is in the shop now because of pilot error,:eek: The email from Autel said it was on the way home and updated with latest firmware. On a further note, when I sent it in they requested not to send in the battery, how do they update my batteries when they are home in my carry case? Makes no sense to a county boy.:rolleyes:
butch........
You can fly normally even if your batteries aren't updated. When the firmware does pop up, you will know.

butch........
Seriously?

A lot of people say they had to apply the update to each battery but when I applied my update there was absolutely nothing that said each battery needed to have it applied individually. What gave you the clue that this was necessary?

A lot of people say they had to apply the update to each battery but when I applied my update there was absolutely nothing that said each battery needed to have it applied individually. What gave you the clue that this was necessary?

The app displaying so as well as the video you can find on Autel's website... Alexandro hosts this particular video, to be precise.

you don't necessarily HAVE to do a battery update, if you go to the Autel site in the downloads section, you will see the current f/w and a link to a detail of what is updated, if the battery firmware is different you MUST update each battery individually, if you see that there is no difference for the battery you do not have to do anything more than the A/C

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy