Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does the manual firmware update even work?

DARKSeifer

Reaction score
As the automatic update isn't working for my unit, it always fails at 20% no matter what, I'm trying to manually update to the latest firmware, I copied the zip file from the phone to the computer, and then to the root of the sd card, then turned on the controller, then the app, and finally the drone; put the sd card inside the drone and nothing happens.

Also tried to put the SD card before turning on the drone, tried in airplane mode, tried deleting the firmware files from the phone to try to force the app to use the zip on the SD card and also tried with the folder uncompressed, but it just doesn't care about what's inside the SD card.

The only way it updates is by pressing on the update prompt on the app, which always download the files to the phone and then transfers them to the drone, which always fails. Am I missing something?

I wonder why there isn't a computer app to force updates by connecting the drone to the PC just like on DJI.

I have the same problem. Mine is failing also saying “please connect to the aircraft”

As the automatic update isn't working for my unit, it always fails at 20% no matter what, I'm trying to manually update to the latest firmware, I copied the zip file from the phone to the computer, and then to the root of the sd card, then turned on the controller, then the app, and finally the drone; put the sd card inside the drone and nothing happens.

Also tried to put the SD card before turning on the drone, tried in airplane mode, tried deleting the firmware files from the phone to try to force the app to use the zip on the SD card and also tried with the folder uncompressed, but it just doesn't care about what's inside the SD card.

The only way it updates is by pressing on the update prompt on the app, which always download the files to the phone and then transfers them to the drone, which always fails. Am I missing something?

I wonder why there isn't a computer app to force updates by connecting the drone to the PC just like on DJI.
The problem solve ? if not.... u must downgrade first tu old version and update one more time...

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
Idk if you can rollback on the Lite+, you could to some degree in DJI drones with the PC, but Autel is only prompting new updates and you can't even download old firmwares from the website.

To my surprise, after failing twice, I just came home from work, tried one more time and everything went smooth. The only thing I did different was fully charge the battery and controller but I don’t think that have anything to do with the update. I won’t be able to fly till the weekend. The only thing the aircraft ask me to do is to calibrate the gimble which I will do before flying.

That’s great news , I also noticed that Autel is not clear enough on the Requirement for the the update . They state that one needs 50 %. On all the devices , drone, mobile, RC controller . I’ve now only do the FW with 100% batteries

To my surprise, after failing twice, I just came home from work, tried one more time and everything went smooth. The only thing I did different was fully charge the battery and controller but I don’t think that have anything to do with the update. I won’t be able to fly till the weekend. The only thing the aircraft ask me to do is to calibrate the gimble which I will do before flying.
You put the card into the drone after powering it up the other times, but not this once, is how your description sounds to me...

After giving up I only try once a day before the first flight... has failed around 30 times or more, always at 20%. 😆

I followed the steps in this video to manually upgrade my EVO II after the automatic method failed.

It doesn't work on the Lite+, it just doesn't care about what it's on the SD, I tried with the firmware compressed, uncompressed, uncompressed but in the folder, in root, in the SD, in the internal memory, with different phones, different SDCards, etc.

It can only be updated through the automatic process, which in my unit always fails at 20%. Tried pairing the controller again, turned off Wi-Fi, airplane mode, etc.

It worked for the Nano+ but I have not tried on the Lite+... it is a little odd to just trust it is doing it properly when there are only blinking lights to follow and there is no description of the blinking light sequence and what they indicate. It is not very different that the FW update on the old Inspire1

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials