Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just did the latest firmware update 4-16-19

jcommstudios

Reaction score
Website
jcommstudios.com
Did a full firmware update this evening. I found that the batteries needed to go through the update to V1.1.7.0 (all 4 were at V1.1.1.6.0). Kind of a pain in the butt to have to reload the firmware to a card for each battery although it only took about 6 minutes per battery.
I found the "dual controller feature" in the Explorer App. I am interested to see if it works like my Yuneec H's in team mode. Need to pick up a second controller if it will allow one team member to fly and the second to operate the camera. Anyone used this feature yet?
Tomorrow we will have ideal flying conditions here in No. California. Sunny with 4 mph winds. I will put the EVO through its paces and see if there are any benefits (or problems) with the new firmware. I'll check back in with my findings tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: mixchief
V1.3.46 had that battery firmware since it was released. See release notes

I'm confused. So there is a new beta firmware released? I thought the team controller feature was from the last firmware.

It's about that time for a beta to be floating around - but I have no heard or seen anything. What is the version # of the update?

Not sure if they randomly e-mail people that have sign up for beta in the past or what -- but I find no links like last time to sign-up/download a new beta.

Did a full beta firmware update this evening. I found that the batteries needed to go through the update to V1.1.7.0 (all 4 were at V1.1.1.6.0). Kind of a pain in the butt to have to reload the firmware to a card for each battery although it only took about 6 minutes per battery.
I found the "dual controller feature" in the Explorer App. I am interested to see if it works like my Yuneec H's in team mode. Need to pick up a second controller if it will allow one team member to fly and the second to operate the camera. Anyone used this feature yet?
Tomorrow we will have ideal flying conditions here in No. California. Sunny with 4 mph winds. I will put the EVO through its paces and see if there are any benefits (or problems) with the new firmware. I'll check back in with my findings tomorrow evening.
You don't have to reload the firmware file to a card for each update. Just remove the .old extension at the end of the file after each update and reuse the same file.

Reactions: jcommstudios
I'm confused. So there is a new beta firmware released? I thought the team controller feature was from the last firmware.
As far as I know, 1.3.45 was is last beta firmware. It was then released to production under 1.3.46.

On a side note, DJI oddly enough released a Mavic 2 FW update that enables dual controller today :) Now the Mavic 2 almost has all the features the Mavic 1 had.

Reactions: mixchief and Ansia
Did a full beta firmware update this evening. I found that the batteries needed to go through the update to V1.1.7.0 (all 4 were at V1.1.1.6.0). Kind of a pain in the butt to have to reload the firmware to a card for each battery although it only took about 6 minutes per battery.

Would you please clarify whether you updated to 1.3.46 or from 1.3.46 to something newer?

I stand corrected the firmware was V1.3.46 which is the latest fw update. I am still registered as a beta tester and for some reason assumed it was a beta version. With that said the EVO flew well and absolutely no problems other that a slight horizon tilt. I had calibrated the gimbal hastily on my living room floor and when I returned with the footage it was off by 1.5 degrees shooting with the camera tilted about 3 or 4 degrees. I got out a level and found a relatively unused part of my hardwood floor that was perfectly level and did another calibration last night. I am going to put it up again today and see if that was the problem. Everything else worked as it should. Still not digging the yaw as it is way to touchy and difficult to do clean turns. I have the EXP at .20 which is supposed to smooth it out. The video at 4K60fps looks great. I also reset the camera just incase the update addressed it as well. In the past, after some previous updates, the camera looked soft to me and doing the camera reset brought it back to its original clarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: mixchief
UPDATE:
Haven't flown the EVO much lately and just did the latest firmware update. I went out to an open park area I often use to do tests just in case something went haywire. The gimbal is tilted down about 5 degrees. Everything works fine. No horizon issues and the footage, in normal, takes the LUT I prefer to use. Now Autel needs to find a way to soften up the yaw. Still pretty abrupt. I've got the EXP set at .20 Y. It is soft outside but a dynamic smooth turn is tough to get. Horizon and color was good. Super stable GPS.

The update (1.3.46) isn't perfect, but it is better than before - hence it's called an update... ;)

The horizon issue as well as the landing accuracy could still use some work, where the yaw would be better if we can be given adjustability to fine tune it even more... everyone pushes their stick differently... just sayin'!

The update (1.3.46) isn't perfect, but it is better than before - hence it's called an update... ;)

The horizon issue as well as the landing accuracy could still use some work, where the yaw would be better if we can be given adjustability to fine tune it even more... everyone pushes their stick differently... just sayin'!
@The Guy In The Helmet
I agree everyone pushes their stick differently. I've been spoiled by a couple of other hexes I fly that maneuver flawlessly . I must admit I haven't been flying the EVO much lately. If I take it out and fly 3 or 4 batteries I end up adjusting to the yaw. However it wouldn't be that difficult for Autel to address this with firmware. I've been flying the EVO for about a year and it has always been an issue. On the other hand I absolutely love the look of the camera even though it is a 1/2.3 sensor and 60p is excellent. Always a trade off!

@The Guy In The Helmet
I agree everyone pushes their stick differently. I've been spoiled by a couple of other hexes I fly that maneuver flawlessly . I must admit I haven't been flying the EVO much lately. If I take it out and fly 3 or 4 batteries I end up adjusting to the yaw. However it wouldn't be that difficult for Autel to address this with firmware. I've been flying the EVO for about a year and it has always been an issue. On the other hand I absolutely love the look of the camera even though it is a 1/2.3 sensor and 60p is excellent. Always a trade off!

I am with you about the control sensitivity topic - for sure. ? In fact, I find it limiting when we can only change the yaw rate and not the (drone) pan and strafe rates... if we can make a suggestion to them, I would strongly request Autel to give us the ability on these adjustments - yaw, pan, and strafe!

Cheers and safe flying!

I believe the only way a company will change things is if they get enough feed back from their customers. So do not be shy to email your concerns to Autel. The more they see a concern come up the higher up the latter that concern moves.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d