Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Take off landing from a yacht Evo circular path on landing.

Rorysee

Reaction score
I was wondering what the issue is and get some clarification. So I can be better prepared in the future.

I have flown off a yacht a few times and landed no problem. But on one occasion, the yacht may have been moving slightly but the Evo as I brought it in seemed to be going in a circle. So I could not land it normally so as I was flying it came around and I caught the drone with my right hand and cut the throttle with my left hand. This also happened on one spot in a very remote area when I was on solid ground a bit of wind but once again the circle thing on landing so I simply kept the drone low and as the drone was shifting to the right landed quickly so no problems occurred. I had GPS lock in both cases. Now I am wondering if I am gaslighting myself and I did not have a GPS lock and just assumed I did.

This is called the bowl effect and it's caused by the compass. As to why it happened to you, I can only think or a magnetic field.
Thanks Ansia, that makes sense. so what would be a counter move when this happens? in the past, with my older drone 3DR Solo if the drone started drifting on landing I would immediately take it higher and wait a few seconds or a minute and the drone would steady itself and then I could land it safely. on a few flyaways, I immediately flew higher and hit pause. and simply waited for the drone to behave.

just as a general rule as I take off I give myself a few seconds and watch the drone. only if its steady will I proceed. Thinking back = on both those occasions I immediately on takeoff moved forward and high. so it could be the drone did not have a good return point.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN