Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Between a rock and a hard place and the sea.

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
Autel Evo 2 Pro v1 flight Started at 97%. 1 minute later at 91% which dropped to 0% one minute later.
Emergency landing initiated by power drop from bad 3rd cell. Unbroken video feed showed drone gently landing in the sea some 300m off shore.
Autel say as my drone is out of warranty they can’t help me but give me a 10% discount.

Drone lost (I tried looking for it this morning but it was too overcast) and am considering a replacement.

My options are:-

Either another V1, if someone has a cheap one. If I have to pay for the replacement myself.

Or v2, or an enterprise V2. If the insurance pays.
As I would like the RTK module as I want to start mapping properly.
Mapping with the V1 was awesome and simple. But assume the RTK will add accuracy.

I would have a V3 but the lack of 10bit and other things have me concerned they will never appear like the missing promises of the Nano, and seems like a huge step backwards from the v2.

Going to a DJI Mavic 3 and their lack of consumer mapping (unless you buy an enterprise) seems pointless, and so overpriced.

Would you guys think a V2 enterprise is a good compromise?

I like my V2 Enterprise with RTK ! Its just like my V2 PRO RTK. It's pretty easy to setup a mission and fly, no problems with either one . In fact the Enterprise has the coordinated turns while my PRO doesn't. I never realized how much quicker the Enterprise was vs the PRO with the coordinated turns. I mapped the same 10 acre site with both and the Enterprise was about 5 minutes quicker. I really feel for those with the problems others have with their machines. Both of mine have been trouble free since day one. The PRO is approaching one year old while the Enterprise is 7 months. Great machines ! Maybe I'll purchase the Max next year.

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
I like my V2 Enterprise with RTK ! Its just like my V2 PRO RTK. It's pretty easy to setup a mission and fly, no problems with either one . In fact the Enterprise has the coordinated turns while my PRO doesn't. I never realized how much quicker the Enterprise was vs the PRO with the coordinated turns. I mapped the same 10 acre site with both and the Enterprise was about 5 minutes quicker. I really feel for those with the problems others have with their machines. Both of mine have been trouble free since day one. The PRO is approaching one year old while the Enterprise is 7 months. Great machines ! Maybe I'll purchase the Max next year.
I think this may be the best option for me as there are current deals going which make it really attractive. My only concern was spare parts for the carbon fibre arms. Was not finding anywhere online to get them, not even Aliexpress. Oddly this is a consideration I have, when pondering a purchase, is how available parts are. I don't plan to crash it, but also cannot discount the balance of probability.

Just want to check. Which Payload does your Enterprise have? The 6k Camera? Are the manual camera settings available like the consumer Pro 2 and assume as it's a V2 that 10bit video and DNGs are available?

I've got the standard "Enterprise" setup. I don't use the speaker or spotlight. I do use the strobe if I'm just flying around. It's got the 6K camera, it's got the manual settings. I'm no photography expert, when just flying messing around I just set the camera to "auto exposure". I've played with the settings a bit but I don't know what I'm doing. However, I've had a few images of pics and video's I like when setting the camera to manual. Most of my flying has been used for mapping using the RTK module with either local RTN or using our states RTN.

I'm not sure of the 10bit or DNG, maybe others can chime in if they have the same model. Occasionally I'll look at the autelpilot.com store for sale items and surprisingly I've seen the V2 on sale sometimes. Here lately they've had a sale on the V2's but you'll have to look hard, sometimes they are sold out quickly. This is where I got both of my machines.

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo