Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Height Shows Negative Value on Landing

ply17410

Reaction score
Brand new rugged bundle purchased from Autel USA in Bothell with the standard controller. Take off and land at same spot and upon landing the height shows a negative number. Subsequent flights from and back to the same spot and the negative number increases. (-1.3 -1.6 -2.0 etc) It has gone as low as -5.2 ft after maybe 6-7 short flights.

Does not go back to 0 ft until I power the drone off and back on. Then the situation starts all over. Does not matter where I fly or if I use my Hoodman launch pad or not. Using RTH or manual landing makes no difference either. Running latest firmware V2.4.35 and all component versions match Autel's documentation.

Working with Autel support on the matter. Has anyone else encountered this?

Height Problem.jpeg

unfortunately these drones are not perfect when it comes to altitude accuracy. a few feet error is nothing to worry about. the drone is properly resetting to zero when you cycle so all is good!

At over $2,000 this drone should not be doing this. A glitch like this makes one wonder what else might be hiding as a problem.

At over $2,000 this drone should not be doing this. A glitch like this makes one wonder what else might be hiding as a problem.
someone else can explain it better than me but i wouldn't call it a glitch. i have a v1 drone and i haven't seen this issue. just so i know, could you please indicate why you need more accuracy than a few feet?

Ken,

I was seeking responses regarding the behavior from EVO II Pro owners, not an interrogation.

Thanks for your time reading the post.

Bob H

Ken,

I was seeking responses regarding the behavior from EVO II Pro owners, not an interrogation.

Thanks for your time reading the post.

Bob H
sorry, i thought maybe since you were concerned about it maybe there's something i overlooked and should be concerned about myself should i encounter it as a fellow evo 2 pro owner; always trying to learn more on these public forums. not trying to interrogate, just trying to be helpful.

Kobo from tech support acknowledged it is a problem. Suggested IMU calibration. Did that, problem not fixed. Waiting next guidance from Autel tech support.

The altitude is done with barometric sensors. It shouldnt be an issue as when it is in close proximity to the ground it uses different sensors to land.
I haven't notived my evo 2 doing this but also have not been looking for it.
Several of my model gliders have altitude/vario in them and can often be in the negative numbers when landing.
It is actually amazing that they can be as accurate as they are.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d