Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best placement for holy stone RID module

John

Reaction score
I know I saw it a little while ago but I got my holy stone RID and it finally was able to connect and hook up and I got everything updated on drone zone Where's the best place to put it on my drone so it doesn't mess anything up in terms of GPS or control thanks guys appreciate it

I know I saw it a little while ago but I got my holy stone RID and it finally was able to connect and hook up and I got everything updated on drone zone Where's the best place to put it on my drone so it doesn't mess anything up in terms of GPS or control thanks guys appreciate it

I placed mine on the front top portion. Had to move my registration number over. 10 flights in and I have had no problems with stability.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
I placed mine on the front top portion. Had to move my registration number over. 10 flights in and I have had no problems with stability.
From taking apart a few Evo's i know this is where the GPS is located inside the drone. Is there a better place perhaps? The drone itself losing GPS would be bad if you need to return to home.

From taking apart a few Evo's i know this is where the GPS is located inside the drone. Is there a better place perhaps? The drone itself losing GPS would be bad if you need to return to home.
It's funny to me that I saw this today, since 2 days ago I noticed a wobble in my drone while it was hovering, that was not commensurate with the wind level at the time. I removed the device and relaunched and had the same problem. It could be the velcro or the RID device causing this, but I've had several jobs where this wasn't an issue. The drift was so bad though, that it was affecting picture and the gimble couldn't account for it. Could be a different problem. I will be looking for a different spot to move it to though.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan