Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

stuck in 18mph

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue before. I can't get my Evo to go faster than about 18.7 mph. I have raised the speed level to 34 mph in standard....no change. I tried flying in Ludicrous mode.....no change. The weird thing is I was flying 45 mph yesterday in Ludicrous. Any help is appreciated.

I hope I didn't make a mistake that ridiculous but thanks I will check. I thought when you put it in ludicrous mode it automatically turned it off. When I put it in ludicrous yesterday I didn't have to do anything with obstacle avoidance it just changed it automatically. I wonder if I need to do it manually to fly the higher standard speed of 34?

It should turn off when you place it in Ludicrous mode. It says so on my screen when I switch. I do get a prompt indicating to turn them off when switching to 34 mph.

So here is the update. It still won't go over 19mph in Ludicrous and when in Standard it won't go over 9 mph. So frustrating!

Wow. please update as soon as you get a response from Autel. At this rate, by the end of the week, you will get 2mph in ludicrous mode...

So here is the update. It still won't go over 19mph in Ludicrous and when in Standard it won't go over 9 mph. So frustrating!
Strange, do you have another battery to try? Its a long shot. Maybe reload firmware and make sure all sensors are clean. If your using a tablet or phone with controller try flying with just the remote or reverse that to eliminate the app or controller.

Strange, do you have another battery to try? Its a long shot. Maybe reload firmware and make sure all sensors are clean. If your using a tablet or phone with controller try flying with just the remote or reverse that to eliminate the app or controller.

Me you think just like me. I did the firmware update for all three of my batteries. I tried it with the app and without the phone using just the controller. I had the same problem no matter how I did it.

had this happen multiple times fighting breezes @ 22 mph, only wanting to go 8 - 11 mph... As this has come up before.

I always have good luck turning Forward Obstacle avoidance off and regaining speed. I have had to turn the speed up only once to 34.

Sucks to have to stop and go into settings in mid-flight, but it does the trick.

I am curious if the problem has been addressed any in the BETA. I haven't gotten a chance to fly yet (rain) -- with the new BETA firmware.

Will update once the weather clears up. It is deciding it may do so before dark today - but may have to wait until tomorrow to get out. (edit)

Edit: The lovely weather folks still can't seem to get it right. lol Plan for sun just part of a day and it hasn't materialized or for very long. lol I like it somewhat "nice" when flying -- and I also want a little wind to test with -- close to season change here on that regard, lots of wind and windy days -- if we can just get a break on the monsoon ... lol

Last edited:
Interesting point on turning off the forward obstacle avoidance. However I thought it was automatically turned off in Ludicrous.

Even after the Beta update it still does it when there is no wind at all. Probably just got a lemon. Has to go back...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691