Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano / Nano + Speed tests

Paul43

Reaction score
I've had my Nano+ for a few months now and have been putting it through it's paces in various ways. Today I decided to see how fast I could get it to go.

I put the Nano in Ludicrous mode, turned on the speed priority under Ludicrous mode settings and turned on the FPV setting. Battery level was at 28% when I performed the 4 speed runs and I had to land the drone a few minutes later because of low battery. I will try again with a full battery tomorrow to see if there is any difference.

In a clear open space, overcast skies, with winds less than 8 km/h, 2.2 m/s, 5mph I was able to repeatedly reach a top speed of 48.3 km/h, 13.4 m/s, 30 mph. Outside air temperature was 15°C / 59°F

Curious to hear what others may have experienced in their trials and what they did to tweak their speed???

30mph has been my top speed too. It's not a speed demon but for photography it's plenty fast and it handled moderate winds (15 mph) pretty well for a tiny drone.

Reactions: Paul43
30mph has been my top speed too. It's not a speed demon but for photography it's plenty fast and it handled moderate winds (15 mph) pretty well for a tiny drone.
The video footage I took at 30 mph was pretty much unusable.

The video footage I took at 30 mph was pretty much unusable.

That is a big difference from the EVO II 6K then.....the EVO II 6K at 45mph still has perfect video which really surprised me coming from the DJI Mavic Pro which had unusable video when flying at top speed. The DJI Mavic Pro also had a nasty habit of letting the gimbal go limp when flying at full speed and the only way to fix it was to stop and hover then tilt the gimbal back up.

If 30MPH is its listed top speed additional tests won't help; the Autel and DJI drones are deliberately limited to their exact listed top speeds. I know this because even if you have a tailwind of say 20MPH you will still never get an additional 20MPH out of the drone. They limit the top speeds even when aided by a tailwind to ensure the drone remains stable. I think the absolute most that I have ever seen out of the EVO II 6K was 47MPH with a strong tailwind and it quickly corrected that back down to 45MPH.

Reactions: Eagle928
Very good to know. Thank you.

That was going to be my next test was flying with a tailwind :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t