Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starting flight on less than full charge

Anzacjack

Reaction score
Did a search but nothing jumped out.
This isn’t something I do, but I’m trying to build up my knowledge on this bird
Some DJI birds had an issue that if you started a flight with less than full charge, battery charge levels could be read incorrectly and people found themselves mid flight with sudden loss of power.
Is this something that has ever been an issue with the evo?

cheers

Did a search but nothing jumped out.
This isn’t something I do, but I’m trying to build up my knowledge on this bird
Some DJI birds had an issue that if you started a flight with less than full charge, battery charge levels could be read incorrectly and people found themselves mid flight with sudden loss of power.
Is this something that has ever been an issue with the evo?

cheers
It definately was a problem with the XSP and I took that knowledge and use it for any drone I fly now. It happened to me twice in one day with two batteries that I had charged a few days before. Went from about 67% to 7% instantly. Thankfully I was very close both times. Charge/top it off within 24 hours and you should be good.

Never had a problem with that with either my M2P or E2P. I don't think I have ever taken off with much under 50%. In most cases it was with batteries that I had just flown and landed early to make some change in settings or NDs.

Batteries that have started a self discharge may be different.

Reactions: Tufargon
Never had a problem with that with either my M2P or E2P. I don't think I have ever taken off with much under 50%. In most cases it was with batteries that I had just flown and landed early to make some change in settings or NDs.

Batteries that have started a self discharge may be different.
That's a good point. The self discharge could easily be part of that problem.

I think Your question needs to be refined ;)
I often fly with a battery with less than 100% charge (but almost never below 50%!) but as a second fly on a trip with a short preceding fly, BUT Never with a battery charged 15 days (for example ;) ) before the flight. A friend of mine recently lost his MP due to starting with nobody knows when charged battery over water :(

I think you guys have answered my question. I’m guessing it’s something to be aware of with these “smart” batteries, regardless of brand.
thanks
Like I said, not an issue for me as I will stick to my normal procedures. Just gather info on the new machine

I think you guys have answered my question. I’m guessing it’s something to be aware of with these “smart” batteries, regardless of brand.
thanks
Like I said, not an issue for me as I will stick to my normal procedures. Just gather info on the new machine
This happened to me just last week. I just needed to fly a short distance and the battery I selected showed all but the last LED on the charge indicated. When in the air the controller showed the battery as being full but then in about 1 minute into the flight I got the low battery warning. I knew there was enough battery for several more minutes so I closed the warning message and continued on. One more minute and I got the Extremely low battery warning. Then the Landing now warning. I hadn’t been flying for even 3 minutes and it was going down and I couldn’t force it to come home. It landed down in the canyon and I had to go hiking after it. The problem is that none of the battery indicators (on the battery and on the controller) seem to agree with the app. And a partially discharged battery goes down in a hurry.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58