Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink App - Flight Records now show "Unknown Place"

ACJunior

Reaction score
I just noticed this, I went to view my Flight records and all the locations since June 15 now show "Unknown Place." Anyone else showing this?

Before this, May 20 it would show my location, town I flew in. I had to send out my XSP for service, I dropped it off at FedEx on May 20, got it back June 15.

BUT, my Starlink app on my phone, iPad also updated on June 10.

Not sure right now if something happened when it was in service, or this a bug in the updated Starlink App?

eQqRSYe.png

Reactions: AZ Autel
Not sure why it happens but I get them from time to time. Some will register with the location and other times it comes up with unknown location. I have seen others mention this also. This has happened in the older version also.

Odd, for the heck of it, I re-checked my Privacy > "Location Services" on my phone, iPad. - Thought this may cause this "Unknown Place"
"Allow Location" is still set to on. So that's not the issue. It's not major problem.

I have folders with Dates and a brief location when I download photo/videos. And If I do happen to forget, I can access the Google Map flight path and recognize the location. Just strange.

I just noticed this, I went to view my Flight records and all the locations since June 15 now show "Unknown Place." Anyone else showing this?

Before this, May 20 it would show my location, town I flew in. I had to send out my XSP for service, I dropped it off at FedEx on May 20, got it back June 15.

BUT, my Starlink app on my phone, iPad also updated on June 10.

Not sure right now if something happened when it was in service, or this a bug in the updated Starlink App?

eQqRSYe.png
Yes I have a couple with correct info then as of a month ago or so unknown. I have a question for you please! On the right I see a picture on you flight record on most of your flights. I have a picture on the 1st flight then nothing! Is there a trigger to make that happen? Thx :)

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I noticed this as well. It appears mine started on June 4th. Maybe related to the Starlink update? I'm not sure what else could cause this. I have only flown thus far in the same area of my neighborhood and previous flights prior to this showed up just fine. Curious now.

Update: I apologize, but for me the Unknown Location began on June 11th. June 4th was the last time the location registered for me. Sorry about that. Happy Flying!!!

Last edited:
Could it have something to do with GPS testing? I'm totally new, but I read something about that recently in targeted areas for testing or whatever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I use a android tablet and I would say I have not had this problem in months. So I am wondering if it is just a Apple problem?

I use an android and have always gotten unknown location since early June. It still records my flight data and shows them on the map correctly it just omits the location. I have flown in numerous locations and get the same issue. Everything else functions just fine. I assumed I had somehow turned off a setting somehow, I hope someone sorts this out.

Well I guess I'm glad it's not just me. I did notice the " > " next to my avatar that showed 2 devices. When I got my drone back from Autel on June 15, it looks like it added a "new device" in the dropdown, everything under what was now called Unknown Device showed Unknown location. I assumed the info was reset at Autel causing this.

The bottom selection in the dropdown had the model or a serial number - I'm not exactly sure since that info is now gone on my app. I don't have my drone on me. That's coming back from repair again and I should have it back later this week. My guess it will add a 3rd "device," no idea.
I need to save and then wipe out the flight logs from the app and just start fresh. At least it still shows the Google map and exact latitude and longitude, it's just missing the town name.

q6UEJfe.png

Don't have any records for July at all. June 30th last one? Any one else?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I can't figure it out. I got my XSP back on Friday, it still showed "Unknown Location / Device"
Wiped out the flight records - just going to start fresh, did a rebinding of drone to RC via the app, said "successful" In the "Me" menu of the app, I tried to bind to get my serial number at least back into the flight records, it just fails get a S/N. Yet my XSP is still listed as registered on the Autel website, S/N listed.

No idea, I suspect it's an annoying bug in the updated app. Again, at least the Google Map is accurate, "Home" is where it should be, the latitude and longitude shows up. All that matters right now.

zK7P2NI.png

I can't figure it out. I got my XSP back on Friday, it still showed "Unknown Location / Device"
Wiped out the flight records - just going to start fresh, did a rebinding of drone to RC via the app, said "successful" In the "Me" menu of the app, I tried to bind to get my serial number at least back into the flight records, it just fails get a S/N. Yet my XSP is still listed as registered on the Autel website, S/N listed.

No idea, I suspect it's an annoying bug in the updated app. Again, at least the Google Map is accurate, "Home" is where it should be, the latitude and longitude shows up. All that matters right now.

zK7P2NI.png
Did you happen to just post this in the FB forum also? If so, I replied to you there, but for me I found my location shows up if I connect my remote to my Nexus 7 tablet. If I use any Apple devices, it will no longer show up and just says unknown location. Not quite sure what the issue is? As for your S/N you may want to make sure the drone you received back is the same one you sent in. Not sure if this would make a difference, if you are registered under one S/N and they shipped you a different one back with a different S/N?

Did you happen to just post this in the FB forum also? If so, I replied to you there, but for me I found my location shows up if I connect my remote to my Nexus 7 tablet. If I use any Apple devices, it will no longer show up and just says unknown location. Not quite sure what the issue is? As for your S/N you may want to make sure the drone you received back is the same one you sent in. Not sure if this would make a difference, if you are registered under one S/N and they shipped you a different one back with a different S/N?

Yep, same serial number on my drone since I bought it. Before I sent it to Autel back in May. I even made tiny "markers" in various spots on my XSP, hidden.
Even a slight, mark on my labels with the SN, model number (Sounds silly and maybe a bit um...paranoid, I wanted to make darn sure I got my drone back.) All the tiny markings I made are still there.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Yep, same serial number on my drone since I bought it. Before I sent it to Autel back in May. I even made tiny "markers" in various spots on my XSP, hidden.
Even a slight, mark on my labels with the SN, model number (Sounds silly and maybe a bit um...paranoid, I wanted to make darn sure I got my drone back.) All the tiny markings I made are still there.

Hmm, well then I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Definitely worth a conversation with customer support. Please let us know if you find a reason or cause for it.

I spoke to them and tried various fixes,none worked. I liked to be able to see where I was flying at a glance. I really want to get it working again. Anyone have any ideas ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials