Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Southeast florida - west palm beach - glades area

I’m a bit south of you in Lighthouse Point, if you’re ever around here send me a note.

I’m a bit south of you in Lighthouse Point, if you’re ever around here send me a note.

Sure will- I bought a Kia down that way - will drop you a line before I head that way.
Although I don’t get down that far often - any good places to fly that way?

How do you like you Evo ?
I always liked the Autel bright orange color - even looking to get a carbon fiber orange or neon orange skin for my MP.

North Miami here, not exactly the area, but still South FL a bright line ride away LOL

True -

Btw does anyone remember hearing the great idea our politicians had about flying our drones ahead of the brightly established train to warn people or look for idiots - I say put a skewer on the front of the train and pick them off ))

Maybe I hit you up if I go fly further south for the winter ))

Later——Laz

True -

Btw does anyone remember hearing the great idea our politicians had about flying our drones ahead of the brightly established train to warn people or look for idiots - I say put a skewer on the front of the train and pick them off ))

Maybe I hit you up if I go fly further south for the winter ))

Later——Laz
Damn you don't fly far for winter LOL. No I never heard of flying ahead of a 75 mph train, actually WPB to Orlando more like 150 mph. I just missed the train twice, yesterday and today, trying to do a bright line video.

Dude don’t take the train to work - you will probably miss it too. If you YouTube the video let me know - I am curious - might give it a run one day just to see how it runs. But I work out west - so no need to take the train to work.

Dude don’t take the train to work - you will probably miss it too. If you YouTube the video let me know - I am curious - might give it a run one day just to see how it runs. But I work out west - so no need to take the train to work.
LOL. Actually the train crossing is on my way to and from work, it passes this particular crossing exactly at :15 past the hour, however yesterday I didn't set myself up fast enough, the EVO didn't have the ND filter on, and this train moves fast, and today I got there just at :15 past so thinking I had missed it packed the remote, I had attached the tablet and cable while riding, and at around 18 past what do I hear? ding ding ding ding, HOOOOORRRRN, stupid train was running late and the sky was fantastic !!! grunt:mad:

Well look at the bright side - neither you nor the drone got hit by the train - I am sure the footage will look cool - yeah I would for sure like to see it. Just thinking the train should not cause any type of disruptive magnetic field - you think?
I have seen some stunt racing drone footage and it did not seem to affect his. For sure would like to see the footage when you get it.

Well look at the bright side - neither you nor the drone got hit by the train - I am sure the footage will look cool - yeah I would for sure like to see it. Just thinking the train should not cause any type of disruptive magnetic field - you think?
I have seen some stunt racing drone footage and it did not seem to affect his. For sure would like to see the footage when you get it.
I don't think there is magnetic disruption as this train is not electric not are any of the trains on that line no high power lines associated with it, should be fine, besides most likely I won't be too close to the tracks except maybe on the side for a couple of takes at window level as it flies by.

I don't think there is magnetic disruption as this train is not electric not are any of the trains on that line no high power lines associated with it, should be fine, besides most likely I won't be too close to the tracks except maybe on the side for a couple of takes at window level as it flies by.

Any luck chief getting that brightline footage? Without crashing the drone?
Btw here is some awesome train/drone footage:
In case you have not seen it.

Reactions: mixchief
Nahhh not yet, timing getting out of work has not been favorable and last couple of days been carrying my Inspire o not sure if I'll do practice shots with the EVO or just wing it directly with the Inspire, weather was quite good today and yesterday but got out way late from work and was just beat. We'll see if tomorrow I can get out early enuf. I'm a bit under the weather too.

What's going on at :50 second mark of the train video, where it looks like the drone flips upside down? I haven't messed around with FPV mode. Is the pilot rotating the camera while flying to give that effect?

That looked a bit dangerous at 0:45 when the bridge suddenly appeared. Gotta pay attention or your drone is dead.

You need to look for videos by RotoRiot (this video by Nurk is one of the RotoRiot guys), Johny FPV, Mr Steele, some of the best FPV flyers in the country, that flip is typical nothing out of this world, these guys surf buildings and trees in a forest, they are real pilots not like us lame photo drone "pilots" in fact they don't fly drones, they fly Kwads, drones are robotic machines that can fly themselves an fpv quad is all you, even keeping it in a hover.

I got the Brightline footage, just not as good as I'd like

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials