Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Screen Freezing up???(HELP)

nashwarrick

Reaction score
I've had my Evo for about 2 weeks, the first 3 days it was amazing. Then the video started freezing up and not coming back until shutting off the Drone and rebooting it. I'm wondering if it was a firmware upgrade that caused it, or what? Hope someone knows more then I.......

Where is the screen freezing? On your phone or the built in controller screen. We need a bit more info to help you out.

Reactions: macoman
And if it was your tablet or phone screen, were you running any other apps in the background that could be hogging your processor's bandwidth? When running your remote device you should only run the barest essentials besides Explorer, like your location and data modes. And shutdown your social media, email, and all the other software that will have to share your processing power, especially if you are using a cheaper device which may have less processing power than the $1000 phones.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I just did two updates for the app I thank but I haven’t did any for the batteries as of yet....

Sounds like a cable issue to me. Bad cable, bad connector on phone or cable. I had a Android tablet that would do that and once I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in it was fine until the next time it did it. Bought a better cable and all is fine.

Reactions: Tufargon
I just did two updates for the app I think but I haven’t did any for the batteries as of yet....

The Battery firmware updates, if any are even in a new release, are embedded in the single .bin file you download and copy to the root level of your SD card and then boot your drone. It will update the battery at that time. However, if you have several batteries, you need to remove the SD card and copy the .bin file to the chip again and swap out your drone battery and do the process all over again....for each battery. As soon as the drone does the firmware update it erases the .bin file so you can't just swap batteries since there is no file to process on the next battery. The update process "skips" updating the RC and drone during the additional battery updates since its already performed the task for those two devices.

If the RC screen is freezing too that does appear to be an internal problem, perhaps with the circuitry itself since the symptoms on the phone can only come from/through the controller output. As a further test, change out the cable to the other USB port. Use a cable with a full size USB to whatever plug your phone uses and try that output. If the RC screen continues to freeze most likely your phone will probably exhibit the same symptom too on the other port. That would confirm its something on the motherboard, perhaps a graphics processor chip.

The Battery firmware updates, if any are even in a new release, are embedded in the single .bin file you download and copy to the root level of your SD card and then boot your drone. It will update the battery at that time. However, if you have several batteries, you need to remove the SD card and copy the .bin file to the chip again and swap out your drone battery and do the process all over again....for each battery. As soon as the drone does the firmware update it erases the .bin file so you can't just swap batteries since there is no file to process on the next battery. The update process "skips" updating the RC and drone during the additional battery updates since its already performed the task for those two devices.

If the RC screen is freezing too that does appear to be an internal problem, perhaps with the circuitry itself since the symptoms on the phone can only come from/through the controller output. As a further test, change out the cable to the other USB port. Use a cable with a full size USB to whatever plug your phone uses and try that output. If the RC screen continues to freeze most likely your phone will probably exhibit the same symptom too on the other port. That would confirm its something on the motherboard, perhaps a graphics processor chip.
[/
Yes I checked my battery’s today and 2 out of 3 have a newer update so guess I need to update the 1 that hasn’t yet.So after I seen your reply I tried one of the two this afternoon and I had no screen freezings at all...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill