Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Scan disk exfat kilobytes size

Tom skerke

Reaction score
Hi I i did not like the fact when shooting videos the sd card will only allow 4.50 in fat32 format so I went in my mini sd card to change the setting to exfat as this would let it continue to shoot way past the 4.50 mins with no interuptions .Isaw that the sd card was exfat by default.but there’s this kilobytes size to choose from.the card size is 128 g What’s size should I pick.70E8C8B2-7E40-474B-A068-2A00F63E0395.jpeg

Don't know that any choice is going to change the fact that long videos are going to be broken up into segments.

Every camera drone or ground with cards has the same issue.

Every action camera and drone camera that I have owned over the years breaks the file size up on the SD cards. Its a fact of life with these types of cameras. If joining them in a video editor the blend together seamlessly.

Reactions: rcee
Hi I i did not like the fact when shooting videos the sd card will only allow 4.50 in fat32 format so I went in my mini sd card to change the setting to exfat as this would let it continue to shoot way past the 4.50 mins with no interuptions .Isaw that the sd card was exfat by default.but there’s this kilobytes size to choose from.the card size is 128 g What’s size should I pick.View attachment 7979
@Tom skerke regardless of how you format the card it will default back to FAT32. Good old FAT32 file structure limits your 4K clip to 4 gigs (approx). If you shoot 1080 you will get a longer clip but no 4K and it will still be 4 gigs max. They could have used XAVC as a file format with exFAT and had contiguous clips but would have had to pay royalties for the codec to Sony. Same thing with DSLR and M4/3 cameras. It keeps the price of the camera down.

When writing large files, like video files, to a disk (card), the larger the allocation unit the better, when writing small files the opposite is true.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy