Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Micro SD card error - scan and fix

fpt

Reaction score
Every time I insert a Micro SD card from my EVO II into my windows computer I get a message that there is a problem with the card that needs a scan and fix. If I choose to scan and fix it says no errors were found. If I ignore the warning all of my files are on the card in perfect condition. I have used three different cards, same result. I have some cards that were used in my EVO and Mavic and I can view their contents without getting a warning so that narrows it down to coming from the EVO II exclusively. Is this unique to me or is anyone else experiencing it?

Last edited:
Do not worry, I also have the same error on both W10 computers and my son too, This is a recurring problem in Windows 10 (I also had it with Windows 7 pro on the old computer with USB Key.
They never managed to fix the Windows "firmware" !!!!

Do not worry, I also have the same error on both W10 computers and my son too, This is a recurring problem in Windows 10 (I also had it with Windows 7 pro on the old computer with USB Key.
They never managed to fix the Windows "firmware" !!!!
The thing is I have all kinds of devices that use SDHC and micro SDHC cards and the only time I get the error is when its a card out of the EVO II.

Bill Gates and his Windows system is the biggest joke ever.

I get those now and then, seems to sometimes occur more if I first make a copy of the microsd card to an android device via an adapter, then when copying the microsd card to win10 sometimes get that message. Might have to start tracking if it is specific microsd cards where get the message or just random.

I get those now and then, seems to sometimes occur more if I first make a copy of the microsd card to an android device via an adapter, then when copying the microsd card to win10 sometimes get that message. Might have to start tracking if it is specific microsd cards where get the message or just random.
20 month old thread you're replying to

Yeah, don't format your MicroSD on Win10. Ignore the warnings and click through to the content. My best solution to date is to format on the phone (Google Pixel 4A 5G, Android 11) for content I want to see across phone, Thinkpad P50 w/Win 10, and the AE2P, or in tablet card slot (Galaxy S6 with Android 11) to play or read content there. Pixel and Samsung seem mutually exclusive.

Yeah, don't format your MicroSD on Win10. Ignore the warnings and click through to the content. My best solution to date is to format on the phone (Google Pixel 4A 5G, Android 11) for content I want to see across phone, Thinkpad P50 w/Win 10, and the AE2P, or in tablet card slot (Galaxy S6 with Android 11) to play or read content there. Pixel and Samsung seem mutually exclusive. When I format in the drone, card is invisible to both phone and tablet.
Whenever I've accidentally formatted a card under Windows 10, I've had to reformat again in the Evo II slot to get the card useable, before formatting yet again on an Android 11 phone or tablet.

Yeah, don't format your MicroSD on Win10. Ignore the warnings and click through to the content. My best solution to date is to format on the phone (Google Pixel 4A 5G, Android 11) for content I want to see across phone, Thinkpad P50 w/Win 10, and the AE2P, or in tablet card slot (Galaxy S6 with Android 11) to play or read content there. Pixel and Samsung seem mutually exclusive. When I format in the drone, card is invisible to both phone and tablet.
Have not had issues when format microsd with win10, nor when format in drone. However have had issues when format via phone/droid, particular with microsd cards larger than 32GB. Otoh, ymmv.

Whenever I've accidentally formatted a card under Windows 10, I've had to reformat again in the Evo II slot to get the card useable, before formatting yet again on an Android 11 phone or tablet.
Interesting, have not run into that having done it hundreds of times (e.g. format on win10), granted, ymmv.

co
Interesting, have not run into that having done it hundreds of times (e.g. format on win10), granted, ymmv.
Could have to do with the $15 Amazon SmartQ USB-C reader I'm using. Uncasing the tablet to fiddle with the pin-released MicroSD cassette on the Tab S6 isn't something I care to do in the field to playback just-shot footage. 128GB Sandisk Extremes don't need formatted as often

ive run into the problem off and on but it hasn't been consistent. nearly impossible to figure out why given so many cards and computer so i just stick to formatting the card in the device it is intended to be used it. i understand this is not an option for everyone since formatting erases all data.

ive run into the problem off and on but it hasn't been consistent. nearly impossible to figure out why given so many cards and computer so i just stick to formatting the card in the device it is intended to be used it. i understand this is not an option for everyone since formatting erases all data.
Yup, go with what works best for you.

co

Could have to do with the $15 Amazon SmartQ USB-C reader I'm using. Uncasing the tablet to fiddle with the pin-released MicroSD cassette on the Tab S6 isn't something I care to do in the field to playback just-shot footage. 128GB Sandisk Extremes don't need formatted as often
I use vogek and similar adapters that can read SD/MicroSD and have traditional large USB, mini-USB as well as USB-C connectors so can plug it into about anything. No need to fiddle with tablet or other device microsd holders. I have some of the 128G Sandisk Extreme Pro's, and a bunch of the 64's, a few 32s, once they are copied and the copies are protected, then do a format before each new use, then everything starts out clean in a good known state. Also put as part of volume label date of when formatted so have an idea of when last used. The microsd's then get worked through the rotation for use.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials