Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK calls base station 200 km away!?

MikkelBarker

Reaction score
I can get the RTK to work, but the correction date it is getting is from a base station that is 200 km away and the accuracy is only about 40-60 cm.
There are correction data available from base stations much closer - less than 20-30 km.
Why is it not getting correction data from the closest station and how can I make it call a station closer?
Thanks.

Dave Pitman

Reaction score
I can get the RTK to work, but the correction date it is getting is from a base station that is 200 km away and the accuracy is only about 40-60 cm.
There are correction data available from base stations much closer - less than 20-30 km.
Why is it not getting correction data from the closest station and how can I make it call a station closer?
Thanks.

Enter the Mount Point ID for the station you want.

Reactions: MikkelBarker

MikkelBarker

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check if that is an option. But if the mount points in a country uses a general id, shouldn't it be able to find the station closest to the drone?
My RTK GPS gets corrections from the station closest?

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
You need to give the ID manually.
Is not a flaw in my opinion, is more like a choice.
When I make mapping with 4 drones at once for long ducts, I don't want that 2 drones to change the RTK station, as in mapping process the 1st is closer but 2nd RTK becomes in a few minutes closer....so i establish the 2nd as base station with ID, in order to have same one for all process...

Reactions: MikkelBarker

MikkelBarker

Reaction score
You need to give the ID manually.
Is not a flaw in my opinion, is more like a choice.
When I make mapping with 4 drones at once for long ducts, I don't want that 2 drones to change the RTK station, as in mapping process the 1st is closer but 2nd RTK becomes in a few minutes closer....so i establish the 2nd as base station with ID, in order to have same one for all process...
Thank you. I am still struggling with finding the right settings. I have ste station name and login, but it will not connect unfortunately.
It has been quite a disappointment when the "out of the box" working drone.
Thanks for feedback.

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
Thank you. I am still struggling with finding the right settings. I have ste station name and login, but it will not connect unfortunately.
It has been quite a disappointment when the "out of the box" working drone.
Thanks for feedback.
Is not simple one, but you get quite a multitude of choices

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tono