Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Routine maintenance

truesword

Reaction score
I've now flown my new evo approx 8 times now and got to thinking about regular / routine maintenance for the craft in particular the motors. For example: the quads I've built in the past, I've on occasion inserted a little high quality oil on the motor bearings.

What maintenance, if any, needs to be done to this little unit?

Reactions: Phillyjon
I've now flown my new evo approx 8 times now and got to thinking about regular / routine maintenance for the craft in particular the motors. For example: the quads I've built in the past, I've on occasion inserted a little high quality oil on the motor bearings.

What maintenance, if any, needs to be done to this little unit?
I'm glad that someone mentioned this. I'm such a "Perfectionist" as my friends call me. It does take me twice as long to fix anything because I like to have it perfect. Lol I would say that the bearings will be ok for a long time. It operates in a near dustless environment and the bearings are lubricated for life. However, they are shielded bearings instead of sealed so they can be lubricated if needed. I would go through the trouble to try and get the recommended oil from the bearing company or at least get a high quality light weight synthetic oil.

I haven't seen any maintenance info on the Evo or any other drone for that matter.

I'm glad that someone mentioned this. I'm such a "Perfectionist" as my friends call me. It does take me twice as long to fix anything because I like to have it perfect. Lol I would say that the bearings will be ok for a long time. It operates in a near dustless environment and the bearings are lubricated for life. However, they are shielded bearings instead of sealed so they can be lubricated if needed. I would go through the trouble to try and get the recommended oil from the bearing company or at least get a high quality light weight synthetic oil.

I haven't seen any maintenance info on the Evo or any other drone for that matter.

One of my other hobbies is collecting and repairing mechanical timepieces. Many years ago I learned that all the hype surrounding watch oils is just that, and good old 3-in-1 oil works very well. Might give it a try in this application...

One of my other hobbies is collecting and repairing mechanical timepieces. Many years ago I learned that all the hype surrounding watch oils is just that, and good old 3-in-1 oil works very well. Might give it a try in this application...
3-in-1 oil is great and I use it on a lot of different things. I just don't like mixing oils. I know its done every day, several times a day for that matter. Lol... Kinda off topic but I haven't ever changed to full synthetic oil in my 2 stroke Kawasaki jetski. It's been running since I bought it new in 99' with Quicksilver TCW-3. My side business is PWC repair BTW.

I've seen bearing oil sold for R/C car bearings. That would be alright too. Especially for the applicator. It has a fine needle point so you can get the oil right where it needs to be.

I am very late finding this thread, but would like to ask a question along these lines. I just made a braindead mistake by taking off on top of some chalk a kid drew on the pavement - hey it was a ready made landing target, ha!

Anyway, you guessed it... lots of chalk dust blew up off the pavement when I ramped up the motors. Should I be worried? I know electric motors don't have intakes in the same way internal combustion engines do, but I hear the onboard cooling fans whirring away and wondering if those could have sucked in some dust. Thanks for any thoughts!

I am very late finding this thread, but would like to ask a question along these lines. I just made a braindead mistake by taking off on top of some chalk a kid drew on the pavement - hey it was a ready made landing target, ha!

Anyway, you guessed it... lots of chalk dust blew up off the pavement when I ramped up the motors. Should I be worried? I know electric motors don't have intakes in the same way internal combustion engines do, but I hear the onboard cooling fans whirring away and wondering if those could have sucked in some dust. Thanks for any thoughts!
It may have sucked some chalk into your drone, but don't worry, your drone will be just fine.

Reactions: tvwxman

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58