Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RID questions

tanasit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just received my V3 and upon starting up process I have a few questions.
Do you enter the ID when RID question comes up? And why or what is the main reason for enter or not enter the ID?
Also the latest FW update will make it compatible with RID complaint so did you update or just leave it alone.
I also heard the question when you registered the V3 with FAA in the US, some suggested that once the RID question comes up, just ignore it (enter no ID).
Did you do that (in the US)?

P.S. Yes I read this post: RID

Thanks,
-
IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

Last edited:
I asked Autel Support about the RID Serial # for registering with the FAA, because the OCT 2022 Declaration of Compliance does not include my aircraft serial number. The said select "no" and then I would have to register it again, after the FAA approves the batch of aircraft serial numbers, which includes mine.

The first part about selecting "no" is accurate, because until the FAA approves my serial number, my aircraft doesn't have RID.

The register again part was inaccurate. After I registered the aircraft with the FAA, I saw the edit pencil in my aircraft inventory, on the FAA site. I clicked on it and saw the registration can be edited.

So, after the FAA approves the batch of serial numbers, with my aircraft serial number, I will just change the "no" to a 'yes" and enter the RID serial number.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: gschulzuio
I asked Autel Support about the RID Serial # for registering with the FAA, because the OCT 2022 Declaration of Compliance does not include my aircraft serial number. The said select "no" and then I would have to register it again, after the FAA approves the batch of aircraft serial numbers, which includes mine.

The first part about selecting "no" is accurate, because until the FAA approves my serial number, my aircraft doesn't have RID.

The register again part was inaccurate. After I registered the aircraft with the FAA, I saw the edit pencil in my aircraft inventory, on the FAA site. I clicked on it and saw the registration can be edited.

So, after the FAA approves the batch of serial numbers, with my aircraft serial number, I will just change the "no" to a 'yes" and enter the RID serial number.

I hope this helps.
I'm running the latest firmware version on the EVO 2 v3 RTK model. They say they added remote id in that version but I can't find it anywhere. From their web site
  • Added Remote ID support for Japan and USA (FAA effective Date: Sep 16, 2023)
So maybe they added it but just haven't enable it.

Small Rant:
Aside from that, the v3 RTK model has serious elevation issues. I bought this drone as a backup for topology mapping to my M300 and elevation are all over the place. I'm held to 1/10 foot accuracy, I get anywhere from 1/2 foot to 3 feet. Sent the drone back to Autel, they said they could see the same results on other v3 but didn't have a fix. This was 2 months ago......I'm still waiting. All I can use it for right now is taking site update photos, I could have bought a much less expensive drone for that.
Most likely will never buy Autel again.

Hi all,

I just received my V3 and upon starting up process I have a few questions.
Do you enter the ID when RID question comes up? And why or what is the main reason for enter or not enter the ID?
Also the latest FW update will make it compatible with RID complaint so did you update or just leave it alone.
I also heard the question when you registered the V3 with FAA in the US, some suggested that once the RID question comes up, just ignore it (enter no ID).
Did you do that (in the US)?

P.S. Yes I read this post: RID

Thanks,
-
View attachment 15648

View attachment 15649
If you go to the Declaration of Compliance website (see link below) and search for your aircraft, with a filter for RID. You will most likely not see your aircraft serial number being included. As stated before, Autel has submitted additional aircraft serial numbers for approval. Until your aircraft serial number is approved, you select "No" for "Does your aircraft have RID?"

After the FAA approves your aircraft serial number, just go back into Drone Zone and update that question with a "Yes" and add the RID serial number.

DroneZone: https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

You technically don't have RID (even though the aircraft may have the capability) until the FAA approves your aircraft serial #, because the FAA has not recognized your aircraft serial number and therefore has nothing to associate with any RID.

Hope this helped.

Reactions: TravisPNW
If you go to the Declaration of Compliance website (see link below) and search for your aircraft, with a filter for RID. You will most likely not see your aircraft serial number being included. As stated before, Autel has submitted additional aircraft serial numbers for approval. Until your aircraft serial number is approved, you select "No" for "Does your aircraft have RID?"

After the FAA approves your aircraft serial number, just go back into Drone Zone and update that question with a "Yes" and add the RID serial number.

DroneZone: https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

You technically don't have RID (even though the aircraft may have the capability) until the FAA approves your aircraft serial #, because the FAA has not recognized your aircraft serial number and therefore has nothing to associate with any RID.

Hope this helped.

Ok... I'm gonna chime in and say I read your post and I went to the page. I see the Evo 2 and the following...

Tracking #: RID000000030
Created: 10.1.2022
Remote ID Declaration of Compliance
Declaration For: Unmanned Aircraft
Make:
Autel Robotics
Model:
EVO II
FCC Identifier:
2AGNTMDC240958A
Serial #: 1748CHL7822390001 - 1748CHN2925529999
MOC Tracking Numbers: (#RID-ASTM-F3586-22-NOA-22-01) ASTM-F3586-22 with additions

Now my serial number does fall into the above range... it's 1748CHL7922xxxxxx... so I went to the FAADroneZone and when updating my E2Pv3 I see "standard remote ID" and "remote ID broadcast module" under device types. Which one?

Also I see "remote ID serial number" which just shows the above serial beginning with HL7922. So it's just the SN of the drone?

Thanks in advance... been flying for 3 years but just got back into it and all this stuff is new and confusing.

Reactions: bedellrt
Ok... I'm gonna chime in and say I read your post and I went to the page. I see the Evo 2 and the following...

Make:
Autel Robotics
Model:
EVO II
FCC Identifier:
2AGNTMDC240958A
MOC Tracking Numbers: (#RID-ASTM-F3586-22-NOA-22-01) ASTM-F3586-22 with additions

Now my serial number does fall into the above range... it's 1748CHL7922xxxxxx... so I went to the FAADroneZone and when updating my E2Pv3 I see "standard remote ID" and "remote ID broadcast module" under device types. Which one?

Also I see "remote ID serial number" which just shows the above serial beginning with HL7922. So it's just the SN of the drone?

Thanks in advance... been flying for 3 years but just got back into it and all this stuff is new and confusing.
As I said in other posts, I don’t know for sure what number you enter, if your aircraft serial number falls in the approved range. I haven’t dug that deep, because mine is not approved yet. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

My first step, once my serial number is approved, will be to call Autel and ask them.

Make:
Autel Robotics
Model:
EVO II
FCC Identifier:
2AGNTMDC240958A

As for standard or module, does your RID require you to attach something to the drone (module) or is it internal (standard)?

As I said in other posts, I don’t know for sure what number you enter, if your aircraft serial number falls in the approved range. I haven’t dug that deep, because mine is not approved yet. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

My first step, once my serial number is approved, will be to call Autel and ask them.

Ok thanks. I'll probably do the same.
As for standard or module, does your RID require you to attach something to the drone (module) or is it internal (standard)?

I have no idea. I'm here thinking it's just some kind of a firmware update. 😂

Ok thanks. I'll probably do the same.

I have no idea. I'm here thinking it's just some kind of a firmware update. 😂
The module is an after market purchase the straps onto the drone, usually with Velcro.

From your previous posts, it seems yours is built into the drone,

The module is an after market purchase the straps onto the drone, usually with Velcro.

From your previous posts, it seems yours is built into the drone,
That got cut short.

…built into the drone, when Autel built it, which would be the Standard RID.

That got cut short.

…built into the drone, when Autel built it, which would be the Standard RID.

No worries. That's what I'm thinking? It's a new E2P v3 that I just purchased a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking it's built it. I'll give Autel a call/email.

No worries. That's what I'm thinking? It's a new E2P v3 that I just purchased a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking it's built it. I'll give Autel a call/email.
I really wish Autel produced more literature explaining the wazoo features on the EVO II V3.

They say you can install the Pix4D and SkyeBrowse into the smart controller but don’t provide instructions on how to do it correctly and setting it up. Poor set up could lead to big problems.

I understand they’re in a market race with DJI but making your product efficiently usable keeps customers.

Well I see that the V3 is RID ready... so I went ahead last night and got the process started. It was pretty easy... and right now the DOC is "Pending approval by the FAA."

Will follow up.

The FAA registration site accepted my aircraft SN for the RID serial number, this past weekend. Before it was rejecting it.

The firmware update on the controller and drone loaded more intelligent flight modes too. There was also an app update.

I’m going to download the dronescanner app on my phone and see if I can see my drone in flight to confirm the RID is transmitting and exactly what is being transmitted.

The FAA registration site accepted my aircraft SN for the RID serial number, this past weekend Before it was rejecting it.

The firmware update on the controller and drone loaded more intelligent flight modes too. There was also an app update too.

I’m going to download the dronescanner app on my phone and see if I can see my drone in flight to confirm the RID is transmitting and exactly what is being transmitted.

Thanks for that info. As said I updated mine last night to latest software/firmware and have started the FAA process. Will check out this app and see what's going on.

Ok, I just flew one battery to see if the dronescanner app would see my drone, since the FAA accepted my aircraft SN, when I updated the RID question to yes.

Until the last firmware update the FAA rejected it with an error message.

The dronescanner app did not see my drone.

It could be operator error but I’m leaning to the drone not transmitting anything.

I am going to try the Air Sentinel app on my phone tomorrow.

Online videos show this app not reporting as much as the dronescanner app.

If I don’t see the drone, I can pretty much go with the drone not transmitting yet.

The DOC dies not show my SN, but the FAA accepted it, so I was hopeful.

I am going to try the Air Sentinel app on my phone tomorrow.

Online videos show this app not reporting as much as the dronescanner app.

If I don’t see the drone, I can pretty much go with the drone not transmitting yet.

The DOC dies not show my SN, but the FAA accepted it, so I was hopeful.
Any luck seeing your drone on the apps? I tried a few apps on my galaxy fold 4 and have yet to deal anything. Not sure if it's my phone or my v3...

Any luck seeing your drone on the apps? I tried a few apps on my galaxy fold 4 and have yet to deal anything. Not sure if it's my phone or my v3...
The Dronescanner app didn’t see my drone.

I was connected to my home wifi and had Bluetooth on, but saw nothing.

Dronescanner is supposed to be the one, which captures the most details. It saw nothing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preorios