Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RID questions

The Dronescanner app didn’t see my drone.

I was connected to my home wifi and had Bluetooth on, but saw nothing.

Dronescanner is supposed to be the one, which captures the most details. It saw nothing.
I've tried dronescanner, open drone id and air sentinel and couldn't see it with any of them.

--Chris

Has anyone been able to see their V3 drone's RID signal at all?

I tried a couple apps, on both android and iPhone nothing saw my drone. I also can't find the remote id section in the controller again... it is there sometimes, and sometimes not. so bizarre. :) Tho I'm also a massive newbie with Autel, and it's not like their docs tell you much.

--Chris

FLASH FLASH FLASH

The Pilot Institute reported today, from the drone expo in Las Vegas, the FAA told attendees RID will be delayed. See the video below.

Last edited:
I'm hearing the Nano+ is going to be RID compliant and that an update available today does that.

Can anyone confirm?

I'm glad but not surprised the drop dead date of RID will be pushed back. Probably Dec. 16th is what I'm hearing.

The Dronescanner app didn’t see my drone.

I was connected to my home wifi and had Bluetooth on, but saw nothing.

Dronescanner is supposed to be the one, which captures the most details. It saw nothing.
If you have not done so, try disconnect from your home wifi (verify that phone is not connecting to your home wifi). You should be able to scan wifi and see devices, have seen some apps detect some drones/modules, while others not. Likewise Wifi analyzer can detect wifi based RIDs, there are also BT scanners for detecting BT based.

Reactions: bedellrt
The FAA did not delay the RID requirement.

They drafted a “Discretionary Enforcement Policy.” The policy is scheduled to be published on 15 SEP 23.

See the link below or the attachment.

Attachments

• RID Enforcement Policy 15 Sep 2023 .pdf
    249 KB · Views: 2
If you have not done so, try disconnect from your home wifi (verify that phone is not connecting to your home wifi). You should be able to scan wifi and see devices, have seen some apps detect some drones/modules, while others not. Likewise Wifi analyzer can detect wifi based RIDs, there are also BT scanners for detecting BT based.
Thanks! I’ll give this a try.

Reactions: gschulzuio
About two weeks ago, I emailed Autel about not being able to see my drone’s RID in the dronescanner app.

At first they focused on the app, like the app was the problem. I emailed them back and they escalated the issue to After-sales Technical Support.

I got another email from them, yesterday, stating the following:

Hope this email finds you well.

FAA has granted users an extension until March 16, 2024. During the period between September 16, 2023, and March 16, 2024, users and drone companies need to make every effort to comply with RID regulations. After March 16, 2024, individuals who have not complied with RID regulations will begin to face legal responsibility.

Therefore, because the FAA has now delayed the RID regulations, we will be releasing another version of the EVO II V3 by the end of September that will be able to be picked up by a third party app.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.

My response, with the policy attached, was as follows:

They didn’t delay the requirement.

They published a Discretionary Enforcement Policy. (Read it in the attachment)

The drone is still required to transmit. They will decide if they’ll take action against a pilot, who flies a drone without RID.

If you’re sending the response you sent to me, to other customers, either Autel told you to outright lie to us or you’re grossly misinformed because you haven’t read the five page policy. I honestly hope it’s the latter.

—End my response—

If you get the response above from Autel; beware, the FAA could decide to take action against you, if you are flying without RID. It’s at their “Discretion.”

Last edited:
I posted a message yesterday morning about Autel’s response to my emails on this matter.

It’s “awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal members.”

Does this mean there are abnormal members in this forum?

I posted a message yesterday morning about Autel’s response to my emails on this matter.

It’s “awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal members.”

Does this mean there are abnormal members in this forum?
I got a similar message in another thread. I assumed it may have been cuz I was a newbie responding to a newbie and kicked off some weird approval thing. But you've been here a while so there goes that idea. :)

About two weeks ago, I emailed Autel about not being able to see my drone’s RID in the dronescanner app.

At first they focused on the app, like the app was the problem. I emailed them back and they escalated the issue to After-sales Technical Support.

I got another email from them, yesterday, stating the following:

Hope this email finds you well.

FAA has granted users an extension until March 16, 2024. During the period between September 16, 2023, and March 16, 2024, users and drone companies need to make every effort to comply with RID regulations. After March 16, 2024, individuals who have not complied with RID regulations will begin to face legal responsibility.

Therefore, because the FAA has now delayed the RID regulations, we will be releasing another version of the EVO II V3 by the end of September that will be able to be picked up by a third party app.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.

My response, with the policy attached, was as follows:

They didn’t delay the requirement.

They published a Discretionary Enforcement Policy. (Read it in the attachment)

The drone is still required to transmit. They will decide if they’ll take action against a pilot, who flies a drone without RID.

If you’re sending the response you sent to me, to other customers, either Autel told you to outright lie to us or you’re grossly misinformed because you haven’t read the five page policy. I honestly hope it’s the latter.

—End my response—

If you get the response above from Autel; beware, the FAA could decide to take action against you, if you are flying without RID. It’s at their “Discretion.”
So this sounds like it's not transmitting at all.... Rid I thought required them to use either Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or both. I see nothing from the drone using any app that can see both. I also don't see it showing up on wifi scanners ... Bluetooth I gotta find a "quiet" spot to test because there's so much BT crap around the scanners for that pickup everything :)

I got a similar message in another thread. I assumed it may have been cuz I was a newbie responding to a newbie and kicked off some weird approval thing. But you've been here a while so there goes that idea. :)
I’m not a fan of people limiting my 1st Amendment right.

I’ve never posted anything inappropriate on this forum.

I’m not a fan of people limiting my 1st Amendment right.

I’ve never posted anything inappropriate on this forum.
Well this is a private forum, so the first amendment doesn't really apply. :)

It's probably for spam control. More than someone doing something unacceptable.

Chris,

I could understand if I had posted something in violation of the terms and conditions or offensive in the past.

I purposely avoid this because I treat people the way I want to be treated.

Actually it's a forum open to the public that accepts certain terms and conditions. As someone who has been burned by bad moderators in the past (not here), I abhor this kind of thinking.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791