Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote ID ?

No. Standard Remote ID cannot be turned off.

To meet the MOC (Means of Compliance): To be accepted by the FAA, an MOC must meet the requirements of both subparts D and E of part 89.

Section D

The unmanned aircraft must not be able to take off if the remote identification equipment is not functional.

Take-off limitation. The unmanned aircraft must not be able to take off unless it is broadcasting the message elements in 89.305

This information can be found in the ECFR Part 89

Can the remote ID be turned off on the evo2 V3
As far as I can tell, (on my evo ii v3 640t) it's not transmitting anyway... :)

It's setup, it says 'activated' but I see nothing on any of the drone scanner tools I have (on multiple android phones), and the display never says 'broadcasting' like it does on some other Autels.

--Chris

As far as I can tell, (on my evo ii v3 640t) it's not transmitting anyway... :)

It's setup, it says 'activated' but I see nothing on any of the drone scanner tools I have (on multiple android phones), and the display never says 'broadcasting' like it does on some other Autels.

--Chris
After the last update my remote says "broadcasting" but I never see it either :eek:

So for the hell of it, mostly to test to see if my phone was even working to receive remote ID at all from anything.... I bought one of those $90 Holy Stone RID modules from Amazon.

Configured it and blammo, came right up in both Drone Scanner, Air Sentinel and Open Drone ID. Uses Bluetooth 5 extended. Tho, not sure what the Evo is using, but BT5ex is the 'hard' one for many phones to get. Wifi & BT4 just about anything should be able to receive.

So.... the V3's are still not flipping transmitting.... or not doing it correctly anyway. All they likely did was set the UI in the controller to say 'broadcasting'.

Also the Holy Stone RID showed up on Dronescanner on my iPhone (8), which generally are hard to get anything like this working on iPhones because Apple doesn't let you do scans of stuff.

--chris

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54