Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rectangular Route is the only available mission

alien_scones

Reaction score
Apologies here, newbie first post. I'm out in the field using tapatalk and search dorsnt work as well for me.

My problem is when I click mission, the only option available is rectangular route. I'd like to create a waypoint mission.

Firmware is up to date. Latest Explorer app. Galaxy Note 9.

Thank you for the assist.

I found the answer, it is not available under the mission tab, but under the camera tab.

Cheers.

So what is the difference in how this functions other than just being a different place to select missions?

I was able to run a polygon mission this weekend from the missions screen. I just did a firmware update a week ago.

Did your mission allow you to set different altitudes between waypoints? And if so was it a smooth transition in changing elevation while enroute to the next WP?

I'm pretty disappointed with the Camera Intelligent Flight mode for that Waypoint Flight Plan. Very primitive and very clunky. For my shoots it has no value as a feature at all. It starts at a WP, flies straight up to the altitude assigned to the next WP, then rotates to the appropriate direction, then proceeds to #2. Pauses, checks program for next WP and repeats that same method for flying to the next. I am hoping that the Mission Planning Waypoint Flight will provide smooth vertical and horizontal transitions from one WP to the next to the next. Has anyone out there tried that flight plan mode?

I'm not quite ready to DL the beta version with the 3 Modes of Mission Planning yet as I'm still working my way through how the current version of FW works.

Did your mission allow you to set different altitudes between waypoints? And if so was it a smooth transition in changing elevation while enroute to the next WP?
{snip}

Uh, wow. No. I didn't try anything nearly as complex. I just did a 2 second interval of pictures with a 70% overlap for a map.

I did 2 polygon missions this weekend. 80% overlap and image capture every 2 seconds. Elevation 297 feet. My big concern is the time it takes to run. Speed was set to 11 mph. Explorer estimated time to complete as just over 13 minutes. Actual flight time was 22:46 and RTH initiated before the end of mission. I do not see a way to RTH swap battery and continue the mission. Going to try 70% overlap on the next one and may increase the photo intervals to see what I get. Next one will be lower altitude also at about 150’.

I did 2 polygon missions this weekend. 80% overlap and image capture every 2 seconds. Elevation 297 feet. My big concern is the time it takes to run. Speed was set to 11 mph. Explorer estimated time to complete as just over 13 minutes. Actual flight time was 22:46 and RTH initiated before the end of mission. I do not see a way to RTH swap battery and continue the mission. Going to try 70% overlap on the next one and may increase the photo intervals to see what I get. Next one will be lower altitude also at about 150’.
Also consider that the winds slow the drone down. The Evo does not know how to compensate when flying into a headwind.

Reactions: One Grump Veteran
When I was using my X-Star I had set it up for 70% over lap. That worked out to 5 sec/image if 10 m/s is chosen for speed.

Also consider that the winds slow the drone down. The Evo does not know how to compensate when flying into a headwind.
Yeah winds were calm when I flew it. Gusts to 5 mph. Not a huge impact but some. I think pic every 2 seconds was overkill though especially at 11mph. Going to play with it to find the sweet spot.

One other thought, what aspect ratio do most use for mapping photos? 16:9 or 4:3? 16:9 May give more side overlap but not sure if Drone deploy uses the wider field of view. It does process the images fine thoughFD0CD138-88B9-4E5E-80D7-B5B265D08606.pngFD0CD138-88B9-4E5E-80D7-B5B265D08606.png

I prefer to use 4:3.
After looking at the finished images from Drone Deploy 4:3 is the way to go. Better end result. When looking at the individual images it looks like the 16:9 ones are just a cropped 4:3 image with possibly a digital zoom to provide the correct ratio. 16:9 files are smaller sized than 4:3.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg