Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Rectangular Route is the only available mission

alien_scones

Reaction score
Apologies here, newbie first post. I'm out in the field using tapatalk and search dorsnt work as well for me.

My problem is when I click mission, the only option available is rectangular route. I'd like to create a waypoint mission.

Firmware is up to date. Latest Explorer app. Galaxy Note 9.

Thank you for the assist.

alien_scones

Reaction score
I found the answer, it is not available under the mission tab, but under the camera tab.

Cheers.

Ansia

Part 107 Certified Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you sign up for the beta of the Explorer app, you will get more options on the mission tab.
Screenshot_20190831-104428_Autel Explorer.jpg

Reactions: rkymtnflyer

Ansia

Part 107 Certified Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the only info I have.
20190901_005055.jpg

mystykmax

Reaction score
So what is the difference in how this functions other than just being a different place to select missions?

saker

Reaction score
I was able to run a polygon mission this weekend from the missions screen. I just did a firmware update a week ago.

Reactions: Ansia

Trox

Reaction score
I was able to run a polygon mission this weekend from the missions screen. I just did a firmware update a week ago.
Did your mission allow you to set different altitudes between waypoints? And if so was it a smooth transition in changing elevation while enroute to the next WP?

I'm pretty disappointed with the Camera Intelligent Flight mode for that Waypoint Flight Plan. Very primitive and very clunky. For my shoots it has no value as a feature at all. It starts at a WP, flies straight up to the altitude assigned to the next WP, then rotates to the appropriate direction, then proceeds to #2. Pauses, checks program for next WP and repeats that same method for flying to the next. I am hoping that the Mission Planning Waypoint Flight will provide smooth vertical and horizontal transitions from one WP to the next to the next. Has anyone out there tried that flight plan mode?

I'm not quite ready to DL the beta version with the 3 Modes of Mission Planning yet as I'm still working my way through how the current version of FW works.

saker

Reaction score
Did your mission allow you to set different altitudes between waypoints? And if so was it a smooth transition in changing elevation while enroute to the next WP?
{snip}
Uh, wow. No. I didn't try anything nearly as complex. I just did a 2 second interval of pictures with a 70% overlap for a map.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheeJungle