Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Recording Shutdown

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Went up to the flying school yesterday to show the instructors my Evo (and let one of them take it through a few circuits—he liked it). Then I decided to fly the second battery just brushing up on some of the manoeuvres that I’d had to master to gain my licence last year, and video it. The Evo recorded about 15 minutes of video—and then the recording switched off. Tried restarting it two or three times, but it stopped recording each time after one or two seconds. It’s a 64gb card, so it wasn’t full. When I got home, all of the videos were there and normal, including the short ‘burps’. I’ve reformatted the card and will venture out later today for a test. It did occur to me this morning that with four students flying Phantoms within close proximity (closest maybe 30 metres) it could have been some sort of signal interference? Any theories welcome.

I would blame the card more than anything else. Where did you buy it? If you got it off the web, here is a video about it.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Going out on a limb here, but are you sure that you had the camera button on instead of the Video Button?
Check your card for jpegs vs mp4.. You can also check your flight records and watch your flight. If you took a photo
you will see little camera icons where photos where taken along you flight path. Recorded videos will show a video camera icon.4610

Last edited:
I would blame the card more than anything else. Where did you buy it? If you got it off the web, here is a video about it.

Bought it from a reputable dealer a few months ago and been okay up to now. Interesting video, though.

Reactions: Ansia
Going out on a limb here, but are you sure that you had the camera button on instead of the Video Button?
Check your card for jpegs vs mp4.. You can also check your flight records and watch your flight. If you took a photo
you will see little camera icons where photos where taken along you flight path. Recorded videos will show a video camera icon.View attachment 4610
Yes, it was the video button I pressed and saw the little red ‘record’ notification come up on thr controller screen.

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen once in year I have owned my EVO. I was the on the 5th battery flying and filming at a local park, it was extremely hot that afternoon and I just chalked it up to overheating. Its never happen again.

I had the same thing happen once in year I have owned my EVO. I was the on the 5th battery flying and filming at a local park, it was extremely hot that afternoon and I just chalked it up to overheating. Its never happen again.
That’s a thought.

If it was the overheating, then that's great. In case it wasn't, you can test the SD card by placing it on your pc and transferring 64Gb of those videos you keep of poor women who can't afford clothes. ??

Your seller may be reputable, but you don't know about his supplier.

• Haha
If it was the overheating, then that's great. In case it wasn't, you can test the SD card by placing it on your pc and transferring 64Gb of those videos you keep of poor women who can't afford clothes. ??

Your seller may be reputable, but you don't know about his supplier.
My PC would overheat.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja