Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Two Questions

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
I flew my Evo 2 for the 4th time today. There are two things that are still baffling me:
  1. I'll bring the drone back close to me - a few metres away - and then press & hold the Home button to land it. Instead of landing instead it starts flying upward. Why does it do this?
  2. Sometimes when I start a video recording it'll suddenly stop 30 seconds or a few minutes later. Why does it do this?
Robert

The first is your return to home altitude. Depending upon current height, it will go to RTH altitude before landing. If it's low enough it will just land. I don't know that the height where that cutoff occurs.

The second item is not one I've heard of from people. Any chance your phone or tablet has an issue and its activating the screen? Bumping the trigger buttons? Have the audio feature turned on and its picking up the word "stop"?? Lots of weird things that are self induced could be at play for that second item.

I flew my Evo 2 for the 4th time today. There are two things that are still baffling me:
  1. I'll bring the drone back close to me - a few metres away - and then press & hold the Home button to land it. Instead of landing instead it starts flying upward. Why does it do this?
  2. Sometimes when I start a video recording it'll suddenly stop 30 seconds or a few minutes later. Why does it do this?
Robert
For the first, I suggest manual landing ;)
For the second I think You have a slow SD card which might be the reason for Stop recording ;)

Reactions: Andrew01
Yea RTH is nice but I'm with Alex on this one. I tend to use it to get the drone back over my head so I can relax a sec while it comes home. Then I land it once its close.

Thank you both. Based on what you've written, it sounds like the drone understands X-Y GPS coordinates but not Z (elevation). Very interesting.

The home button was never intended to be used as a land button. RTH is only a fail safe option that should only be used if everything else fails to bring it home safely. Reading over the manual might help you understand the functions of the craft.

The default Go Home altitude is 30 meters (90 feet). If you activate Go Home when the aircraft is at an altitude lower than that, it will rise to 30 meters (90 feet) before returning home. Learn how to adjust the Go Home altitude in the App Manual.
• If the Go Home function is activated within a 10-meter (30-feet) radius of the home point, the aircraft will automatically descend and land.

Me3
I take it out, computer fly's back. I try and position the AC so as it's coming home I can focus on grabbing quick clips and photos without having to control the AC

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Me3
I take it out, computer fly's back. I try and position the AC so as it's coming home I can focus on grabbing quick clips and photos without having to control the AC
I usually change from photo to video on the RTH, it gives me a chance to review later and see if there's anything interesting that I otherwise would have missed. ?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg