Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

reasons why i like my evo over the mavic pro 2

I don't own either. I have said it a bunch of times..I would never buy DJI due to their app when used with Android, NFZ and the big one, their customer service.

i definitely plan to buy an Evo once the video is stable with Orbit and the horizon tilt it fixed. Not better, but actually fixed.

At the end of the day, all the little things add up. And most importantly, what you plan on using your drone for.

The big question is how far will these companies go to give us everything we want. For example, on the Evo, allow us to change how long to stay at a waypoint.

To me what's also important are things like flight time. Both companies lied and continue to do so. I recently ask both companies for proof a 30 min video and both said they don't have one. Why lie? To me honesty is important as well.

I just want great video, to be able to fly the advertised 30 min., to fly where I want, to know that the company is constantly adding new features and know the company I bought from stands behind their product.

Today I got hired to do a real estate shoot that was located just inside Class D airspace, it was in the DJI warning zone. I got a LAANC authorization within 30 seconds of filing it, fired up the MP2 and got the damn geolock warnings. There was some glitch in the geolock system (as always) that allowed me to fly but not clear the square warning icon placed in the middle of my screen. After three times trying, I put the golden swan back in it's box, got the Evo out, fired that orange monster up and preceded to complete my gig. EVO SAVES THE DAY! So there's one HUGE advantage this drone has over the M2P!!! DJI's geolock system totally sucks and a reason why I will keep my Evo available when put in a situation like this.

Last edited:
For the owners of both the mp2 and evo, is it a dramatic difference in sound?

We need some accesories for the EVO!!

They just started selling spare propellers. You would have thought that upon release they would have had a plentiful line of spares and accessories ready to go!

For the owners of both the mp2 and evo, is it a dramatic difference in sound?

I think the MP2 is quieter. I have an acoustics meter, I'm hoping to do a comparison soon.

Reactions: Gfd1182
They just started selling spare propellers. You would have thought that upon release they would have had a plentiful line of spares and accessories ready to go!

I think the MP2 is quieter. I have an acoustics meter, I'm hoping to do a comparison soon.

Looking fwd to that!!

The feet on the Anafi is also a problem area so you can get a set of 3D printed protectors for them. The work great and no more worry. :) You should 3D print something like that for the EVO, might help pay for your hobby LOL
These protectors are 3d printed from nearly unbreakable TPU, the same stuff tough cell phone cases are made from.

View attachment 2693

View attachment 2694
TPU just arrived and notice from Autel that the repairs are complete, the unit has shipped. Now the wait. FedEX took two weeks to deliver to Autel wee will see how long the return trip takes.

9 out of 10 situations a 1 inch sensor just isnt practical

Exactly what do you mean by impractical?? I'm a professional photographer; been shooting for 34 years, and can't understand your statement. I shoot with full frame sensors on land, a 1 inch sensor in the air on the Phantom 4 pro, and a 1/2.3 (or whatever the right number is) sensor in the air on the EVO and ANAFI. The only difference between the three sensor sizes is image quality. So I'm very very curious to know what's impractical.

every part of the evo's body,legs,motors and all just feel like a professional build as compared to the MP feel.
I love my EVO and many things about it, but there is absolutely no part of it, not a single one that feels more professional than the Mavic 2. And that's coming from someone who has both, and no fan-boyish preferences at all.

Exactly what do you mean by impractical?? I'm a professional photographer; been shooting for 34 years, and can't understand your statement. I shoot with full frame sensors on land, a 1 inch sensor in the air on the Phantom 4 pro, and a 1/2.3 (or whatever the right number is) sensor in the air on the EVO and ANAFI. The only difference between the three sensor sizes is image quality. So I'm very very curious to know what's impractical.
Same guy said he will buy the 1” sensor Evo when/if it ever releases in another thread.

Reactions: sjdaniels
Hey all - keep it respectful. Its ok to agree to disagree. If you have an issue with someone click the "ignore" button and you won't see them again.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and might still be clinging to the 'brilliance' of the 1 inch sensor on the M2P have a look at this, in which the possibility is discussed that it's not using all of it !
Having watched a few side-by-sides of the M2P vs the EVO now, the Evo is firmly winning for me.

Last edited:
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and might still be clinging to the 'brilliance' of the 1 inch sensor on the M2P have a look at this, in which the possibility is discussed that it's not using all of it !
Having watched a few side-by-sides of the M2P vs the EVO now, the Evo is firmly winning for me.

Yikes!!!

The feet on the Anafi is also a problem area so you can get a set of 3D printed protectors for them. The work great and no more worry. :) You should 3D print something like that for the EVO, might help pay for your hobby LOL
These protectors are 3d printed from nearly unbreakable TPU, the same stuff tough cell phone cases are made from.

View attachment 2693

View attachment 2694
Yeah, cause everyone has a 3D printer lying around. :p

Yeah, cause everyone has a 3D printer lying around. :p

I would imagine the cross over would be pretty big. People with toys have toys of all types, right?

I love my EVO and many things about it, but there is absolutely no part of it, not a single one that feels more professional than the Mavic 2. And that's coming from someone who has both, and no fan-boyish preferences at all.

I don't have a MP or MP2, but have an Air, a Spark, and a Typhoon H. It seems dumb (and probably is), but part of the feel to me is the heft and the look. The Evo "feels" solid, compared to any of the DJI products I have or have seen/held.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
I would imagine the cross over would be pretty big. People with toys have toys of all types, right?

I just went online to check the prices of 3D printers and they are very affordable! For some reason I thought they still cost in the 4-digit range. Hmm, maybe I should get myself a new toy. :D

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy