Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

reasons why i like my evo over the mavic pro 2

skimcoat

Reaction score
my evo extends its legs properly--the mp2's leg scrapes its body

my evo has great precision landing --the mp2 does not

my evo lets me choose where i fly--the mp2 makes you call and get permission for nfz and more

my evo has a tuff gimbal--the mp2 has reports of glue failure letting the gimble fall apart

my evo can take still pics while recording--the mp2 cannot

my evo has 8x zoom--the mp2 does not

if my tablet disconnects i have a live rc screen--the mp2 does not

my evo gimbal floats perfectly--the mp2 rubs the body

my evo is quiet--the mp2 is louder

i have more reasons why i love my evo,why do you?

Cool, I wonder if the MP2 can survive being hit by an SUV like my EVO, hhhhhmmmm. Next test will be if the EVO will fly well launching from 8000 feet without high altitude propellers, I will soon find out. I love my EVO cuz it's orange, I love my EVO because the colors are more natural to begin with and images are not over sharpened. I don't know about the EVO being quieter than the MP2

Reactions: Gfd1182
every part of the evo's body,legs,motors and all just feel like a professional build as compared to the MP feel.

Cool, I wonder if the MP2 can survive being hit by an SUV like my EVO, hhhhhmmmm. Next test will be if the EVO will fly well launching from 8000 feet without high altitude propellers, I will soon find out. I love my EVO cuz it's orange, I love my EVO because the colors are more natural to begin with and images are not over sharpened. I don't know about the EVO being quieter than the MP2
I had mine flying at 7500 ft on a mountain top without issues with stock props. Performed flawlessly.

I have an Evo and I love it BUT I also own an MP2 - in all honestly the MP2 is the better drone ALTHOUGH the Evo does have some advantages, some already mentioned. The Evo's camera is great, the MP2's camera is SUPERB and the stabilization system on the MP2 is unmatched! I've only had my MP2 for a few days so I know there's a lot more to learn and a lot more comparisons to make but as of right now I consider the Evo better than the Mavic Pro but not as good as the MP2. My 2 cents, stay away from the stock market! :)

Last edited:
I have an Evo and I love it BUT I also own an MP2 - in all honestly the MP2 is the better drone ALTHOUGH the Evo does have some advantages, some already mentioned. The Evo's camera is great, the MP2's camera is SUPERB and the stabilization system on the MP2 is unmatched! I've only had my MP2 for a few days so I know there's a lot more to learn and a lot more comparisons to make but as of right now I consider the Evo better than the Mavic Pro but not as good as the MP2. My 2 cents, stay away from the stock market! :)
Blasphemy.

This video claims to show the EVO flying at 12,000 feet in south-central Utah. Looks nice.

One inch sensor or not, that camera is amazing. It is coming to a point where better camera specs don't matter any more (at least in the daytime, one inch sensor will have better low light performance).

Reactions: dronechimp
One inch sensor or not, that camera is amazing. It is coming to a point where better camera specs don't matter any more (at least in the daytime, one inch sensor will have better low light performance).
Pretty sure you won’t find anyone that knows anything about photography that will say a smaller sensor is as good as a larger sensor.

Pretty sure you won’t find anyone that knows anything about photography that will say a smaller sensor is as good as a larger sensor.
I know that a bigger sensor is better, but the evo's video is just as good in my opinion as the MP2's (at least during the daytime). The EVO even seems to have better dynamic range based on some tests.

Reactions: skimcoat
I know that a bigger sensor is better, but the evo's video is just as good in my opinion as the MP2's (at least during the daytime). The EVO even seems to have better dynamic range based on some tests.
9 out of 10 situations a 1 inch sensor just isnt practical and again 9 out of 10 have it to merely say ''mine is bigger'' and cant make full use of it

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
9 out of 10 situations a 1 inch sensor just isnt practical and again 9 out of 10 have it to merely say ''mine is bigger'' and cant make full use of it

This has to be a troll.

Every “decent” camera on the market is 1”, or greater, sensor. Even some point and shoot cameras have a 1” sensor.

DSLRs typically shoot full frame sensors.

The more crop(smaller sensor) the more your image suffers.

you can disagree with me all you want,thats your prerogative but name calling is prohibited by the rules here so please dont.

Reactions: dronechimp
my posts?,that is me,but ill leave it here which is somewhere between reality and the outer bounds of spinality

Reactions: Agabus
Back to the subject at hand... Why I like my EVO better then the MP2.

It's simple math, price for features. What you get and what it costs you is no small comparison. I can put a Hasselblad sticker on my EVO and my family and friends watching footage would never tell the difference. "Pro" features in an end user drone is undercoating in my opinion and I am very happy with my purchase, even though I was only able to fly twice before my EVO had to be sent in for a $5 foot that fell off.

That, I have to say is my only problem with the EVO, no after market options or available parts for purchase. Since I found out the feet are only clipped into position, I think my first step when the unit is returned to me is to scan the feet and create some STL files. If they won't sell it... print it.

The feet on the Anafi is also a problem area so you can get a set of 3D printed protectors for them. The work great and no more worry. :) You should 3D print something like that for the EVO, might help pay for your hobby LOL
These protectors are 3d printed from nearly unbreakable TPU, the same stuff tough cell phone cases are made from.

Legs1_480x480.jpg

Legs3_480x480.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58