Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Questions on Waypoints

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Haven’t used Waypoints yet and I’m unclear on a couple of things:
  1. Do you take off and establish hover before pressing the button to start the Waypoint sequence?
  2. Should the first Waypoint actually be your take-off point or the first point you intend travelling to?

My work flow is take off, get Alt. and make sure there is nothing in the way when I activate way points and yes usually my first way point will be close to my take off point.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Haven’t used Waypoints yet and I’m unclear on a couple of things:
  1. Do you take off and establish hover before pressing the button to start the Waypoint sequence?
  2. Should the first Waypoint actually be your take-off point or the first point you intend travelling to?
I haven't used waypoints either, but I do know the 2nd question is first point you intend to fly to.

My work flow is take off, get Alt. and make sure there is nothing in the way when I activate way points and yes usually my first way point will be close to my take off point.
That’s kind of what I was thinking because of the need to set a height for the waypoints.

So the drone simply doesnt gain elevation to the set first waypoint before of while it's heading there?

I haven't used waypoints either, but I do know the 2nd question is first point you intend to fly to.
It’s the height issue that I find confusing, which is what I thought about the first waypoint being at or near your takeoff.

So the drone simply doesnt gain elevation to the set first waypoint before of while it's heading there?

I know my Anafi does but I cannot say for sure about my XSP. Just to be on the safe side I get up high enough to not worry about it.

Reactions: Ansia
I don’t believe so, as I’ve read a couple of comments about it rising to the set height at a waypoint, rather than gradually climbing en route to it.

I know my Anafi does but I cannot say for sure about my XSP. Just to be on the safe side I get up high enough to not worry about it.
The more I hear about the Anafi, the more I like it. Very hard to find them for sale in Oz now, and no local support as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Tufargon
The more I hear about the Anafi, the more I like it. Very hard to find them for sale in Oz now, and no local support as far as I can tell.
If I ever upgrade my XSP I think that will be the route I go.

Now I am curious how my other drone does waypoint as well. Meh. So much to do and so little time. I need a vacation.

If I ever upgrade my XSP I think that will be the route I go.
The Anafi is a great drone. In all honestly one of the reasons I went with the Evo over the Anafi is, because my OCD won't allow asymetric things in my life. 2 prop legs shorter than the other 2 kill me. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
The Anafi is a great drone. In all honestly one of the reasons I went with the Evo over the Anafi is, because my OCD won't allow asymetric things in my life. 2 prop legs shorter than the other 2 kill me. ?
:D
I know I would lose out a little with the camera vs the EVO but almost all the other things I see as a bonus.
I will definately look into that little one you posted with gps and 2k camera though. No need to register etc... It's perfect for fun.

Reactions: Ansia
The Anafi is a very different drone and many who use it love it but trust me when I say it has a lot of issues and Parrot as a company has a lot of issues also. One big problem is support in North America. No parts other then what you might find on eBay or Amazon. I have two Anafi's. One just for parts if I need them. The props are paper thin and fail which causes a lot of crashes. Unless you are willing to monitor them it is a crap shoot.
I flew mine tonight on a flight plan mission and it performed just fine.
I have a love hate relationship with it. So far its more love then hate. LOL

Reactions: Tufargon and Ansia
Did my first Waypoint flight today, using the Aldocube. To simplify matters, I left it in auto exposure. I also turned off obstacle avoidance. A couple of observations, and a couple of possible glitches.

To answer one question I posed earlier in this thread, the program would not let me start the Waypoint flight until I had taken off as normal and gained a few metres at the hover. On pressing Start, the Evo moved to my first Waypoint, only about 20 metres away, and shot straight up to my set height (for that Waypoint) of 30 metres. On each subsequent Waypoint, it similarly rose straight up or dropped, rather than adjust en route. So I guess that answers my queries about Waypoints and heights.

For some reason it would not let me record video whilst in flight. It may be because I had set time lapse mode, because it did take about 200 stills!
On the second battery, I left the camera option at ‘none’ and was able to record video. This was on a different set of Waypoints and at one stage it did not seem to be following the script, so I hit pause and pointed its nose in the direction it was supposed to be travelling. After that, it did seem to follow the script, but I aborted it for the landing as it was coming down a little close to my car.

One other thing. When I went to set Waypoints for the second flight, at first I could not get rid of the ‘track’ of the previous set. Yes, the Waypoints had gone, but the pale blue track remained. I turned off the app and they were gone when I turned it on again.

It it possible that some of these issues may be related to the tablet and not the Evo.

Oh, and for the first time ever, I did manage to accidentally press the underside B button—more than once, actually, probably because I was holding the controller differently to make up for the tablet’s weight.

More testing required...
Attachment.png

I did a waypoint mission (not to do with beta mission) yesterday and my very first waypoint was over a mile away and had 8 waypoints (all done offline) then
lifted off to a safe altitude and pressed start. It went exactly as per my offline instructions and came back and landed 3 feet beside me within less than a foot where
it took off initially with a fairly stiff wind. I simply like every aspect on how the Evo performs.

I did a waypoint mission (not to do with beta mission) yesterday and my very first waypoint was over a mile away and had 8 waypoints (all done offline) then
lifted off to a safe altitude and pressed start. It went exactly as per my offline instructions and came back and landed 3 feet beside me within less than a foot where
it took off initially with a fairly stiff wind. I simply like every aspect on how the Evo performs.
Amazing. Guess I need more practice at setting them up.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo