Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Questions on Waypoints

Amazing. Guess I need more practice at setting them up.

Here's a step by step on how I did it. Just keep in mind that should you try how I did it I'm not
responsible should it go haywire.

I use an Ipad 6 generation:

- Camera chosen,
- then I choose waypoint
- press X at the learning center
- on your right hand where its marked Waypoint choose the ---.--- icon
- New route
- I go to where I intend to go on the map.
- you can press for your first waypoint of your choice choosing the Alt and Speed with either Point on Map or you can Draw.
- once your trajectory chosen and have all your waypoints chosen choose your camera
actionand so on.
- at this point if you're happy then prep your Evo for flying.
- at this point I lift off with enough alt. to clear everything the press Start and the Evo will
fly your waypoints until the end .

This is a simplistic how I do it.
Good Luck

Reactions: Nightbat2
Here's a step by step on how I did it. Just keep in mind that should you try how I did it I'm not

- Camera chosen,
- then I choose waypoint
- New route
- you can press for your first waypoint of your choice choosing the Alt and Speed with either Point on Map or you can Draw.
- once your trajectory chosen and have all your waypoints chosen choose your camera
actionand so on.
- at this point I lift off with enough alt. to clear everything the press Start and the Evo will

Good Luck
Have you tried the new waypoint missions in the beta app?

Definitively and did some work pro bono for a farmer and it works fine except I find
when choosing the lanes or routes as a percentage I rather would like to input the width
between the lines in feet but not as a percentage.
The smallest one can choose still gives too many waypoints in my opinion.
Did a 50 acre field with 2 batteries with the least wind possible.

Definitively and did some work pro bono for a farmer and it works fine except I find
when choosing the lanes or routes as a percentage I rather would like to input the width
You refering about the grid or new waypoint mission? The waypoint doesn't have % overlay.

Did you have to split the mission into two separate missions or does it recognize a battery change and start where it left off?

- Camera chosen,
- then I choose waypoint
- New route
actionand so on.

Good Luck
Thanks. Will go through it.

I did a waypoint mission (not to do with beta mission) yesterday and my very first waypoint was over a mile away and had 8 waypoints (all done offline) then
lifted off to a safe altitude and pressed start. It went exactly as per my offline instructions and came back and landed 3 feet beside me within less than a foot where
it took off initially with a fairly stiff wind. I simply like every aspect on how the Evo performs.
Hi Normex, thanks for your info. For us EVO newbies, could you possibly add some step by step detail on how you set your waypoints offline and anything else you had to do for the flight? Any additional "real life" info will be greatly appreciated!

- Camera chosen,
- then I choose waypoint
- New route
actionand so on.

Good Luck
Disregard my previous request, I just saw this. Thanks!

Interesting difference. It seems that whereas the Evo cannot gradually gain height between Waypoints, the XStar can—if I understand correctly a brief tutorial I just watched by someone called Natalie from Autel. You’d think if they could manage a gradual increase in height with the older bird and its software, it shouldn’t be hard to make it work on the Evo, either.

Did you have to split the mission into two separate missions or does it recognize a battery change and start where it left off?

Very sorry as your message slipped in the cracks,
if I recall correctly I had watched the battery level and
pressed RTH, changed the battery then resumed the mission

Reactions: DadCorso80

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy