Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings All

Racharg

Reaction score
I am a veteran commercial remote pilot specializing in mapping and 3D modeling. My first exposure to the Autel world was last in August when I purchased the Evo II Enterprise to fly a large remediation site 100km north of Kugluktuk. Used the RTK module and an Emlid Reach RS2 with great success. Love the airframe, sensor, and the chunky, super bright smart controller. I am 37 hours in across 144 flights now. Only have 5 beefs with the system, thee latter half of these are being addressed in the Beta firmware:
  1. Custom NTRIP RTK fix will drop out mid-mission for no reason. I have a solid cellular connection and >=35 satellites when fixed.
  2. Max speed in normal mode is not 36km/h as stated, it’s 36km/h minus whatever it takes to counter a headwind. So oftentimes, if I am flying into a strong wind, my maximum speed is like 10km/h unless I pop it into ludicrous mode
  3. When doing a mapping mission, the turns to get to the next parallel flight line take waaaay too long. It should be like +-10% accuracy of the location as we don’t care so much about the accuracy of the rows, but we do care about the accuracy of the images. If it spent less time trying to stick the waypoints and then stopping and figuring out its next orientation, we’d enjoy longer battery life and quicker missions FIXED IN BETA
  4. In waypoint missions, the drone STOPS dead at each waypoint, even if we tell it to fly through. This makes video waypoint missions useless as it stops at each waypoint regardless of instruction. Ideally we want it to fly through the waypoint, or better yet, have the ability to spline through a waypoint to get to the next point. SUPPOSEDLY FIXED IN BETA, NEED TO TEST. BONUS FIX, they've added the ability to add curves at waypoints
Anyways, I too often lurk on the internet, where no problem is truly unique and solutions and workarounds abound, but I figure it is time I contribute to the greater good.

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: dirkclod

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jstewie86