Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Quality control is bad

macoman

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Evo that I received yesterday and I tested it today in the morning and works very well. But the quality control seen to need some adjustments. I found issues on some areas, like scratches on one of the motors and in one leg. This does not stop the Evo from working great but feeling that they need to improve the quality control when they produce this drone from having scratches in a supposed to be brand new aircraft.IMG_20190112_193624368.jpegIMG_20190112_193803245.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the same thing as you on one or the plastic cover that protect the motor. Nothing is perfect but it does not affect the drone reliability.

I have the same thing as you on one or the plastic cover that protect the motor. Nothing is perfect but it does not affect the drone reliability.
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, bought it brand new and only came with one or two light scratches. The one on the motor of my Evo is heavily scratch everywhere. No deep scratches but light scratches.

Hmmm...I never looked over mine that thoroughly, but I don't believe mine had any type of dings or scratches. Was the box banged up at all? Where did you purchase it from? I'd contact the seller and see what they have to say about it and see if they are willing to make it right. Good luck!

Reactions: Phillyjon
Hmmm...I never looked over mine that thoroughly, but I don't believe mine had any type of dings or scratches. Was the box banged up at all? Where did you purchase it from? I'd contact the seller and see what they have to say about it and see if they are willing to make it right. Good luck!
Mine came directly from Autel. I bought it from a store in NY but they ordered the product to be shipped to me from Autel.
I mean, like I said before it does not stop this drone from working right but my impression of the scratches is probably this aircraft is not brand new and most likely a refurbished.

Mine came from carolinadronz and i don’t think it is a refurbish....i just think it was like that brand new.

Moments ago I posted a concern about cosmetic scratches on my new Evo purchased about 10 days ago. Autel said it most likely got scratched during a quality assurance check. Not to sound cheap or picky but that is a lot of money to put out for something new that now looks used. Good luck.

Thing is, if you decided to sell your EVO next week, those scratches would cost you money. So either send them back or get $100 refund.

Agreed. Ask for 2 freshy batteries or get what you paid for and have them ship you a new one. If you wanted a scratched up Evo, you could have saved money and just bought one off eBay. A couple new batteries is nothing to them.

What I don't get is the quality assurance statement. That makes no sense to me. If there was quality assurance, you never would have received a scratched up Evo. It looks like a bad run of plastic from their mold. Someone decided to say screw it and hoped no one would notice. Glad you did. Have Autel do the right thing. It isn't hard to do folks.

Last edited:
Moments ago I posted a concern about cosmetic scratches on my new Evo purchased about 10 days ago. Autel said it most likely got scratched during a quality assurance check. Not to sound cheap or picky but that is a lot of money to put out for something new that now looks used. Good luck.
Exactly, I am not trying to be picky but it's a thousand dollars drone that we purchased, not a $50 dollars drone. They need to improve their quality assurance check if that was the caused of the scratches.

Reactions: bob_erqs
Exactly, I am not trying to be picky but it's a thousand dollars drone that we purchased, not a $50 dollars drone. They need to improve their quality assurance check if that was the caused of the scratches.

We all know that beep happens. I get it. But when it does and when it becomes a pattern, then that's a problem. I agree 100% this isn't a $50 drone off Banggood. You're not wrong for feeling cheated. I'd demand a perfect condition product or if it doesn't bother you that much, ask for a couple extra batteries. Someone else on another thread reported a similar problem and reported that Autel offered a new set of props to call it good. That's an insult. Give them a call on Monday and hopefully they'll do the right thing. The last thing I'd want to see if for Autel treating their customers as if they were DJI.

My guess is it's probably a person or two at Autel who are SUPPOSED to be doing a job and just don't care enough to pull something like that off the line. It's sad but true that in today's world, many people just don't take pride in their work anymore. I agree with with the masses here...Get Autel to make it right for you so that you can enjoy your purchase. Other wise you are going to be salty every time you look at that Evo, and you will feel some kind of way about what happened. Good luck and keep us posted!

I sent an email to [email protected] with the picture I took and explained to them that this scratches came from a brand new product.
Mine was bought in november so maybe to late but for yours autel is opened 7 days a week and when you go on auteldrones.com and scroll down you will see the chat icon on bottom right and you can talk with them on opened hours.

Reactions: macoman
I looked at mine with "Mother's Eyes". And still do. My baby is perfect... And y'all just have ugly babies! ... But yeah, I'd be upset over that level of wear on a new piece of equipment. Not like a single tool mark, that is excessive for NEW.

Reactions: macoman
I got one from Maverick Drones, It is in Perfect condition, no scratches. Although I did get a bad battery, Autel resolved that problem in Minutes with a new battery sent out. Give them a chance to correct the mistake, I am sure they will do something to your satisfaction. For those that have gotten one that looks like a refurb, was it still factory sealed? Would it have been possible for the dealer to have possibly played around with it first before shipping it out?

My interaction with Autel has been nothing but Perfect! Someone actually answers the phone that knows the product and can seem to answer your questions. I made a few calls Pre-sale and a few after the sale. Every time someone answered the phone. (No long hold time, no Voicemail) Just a human that spoke clearly and politely.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I got one from Maverick Drones, It is in Perfect condition, no scratches. Although I did get a bad battery, Autel resolved that problem in Minutes with a new battery sent out. Give them a chance to correct the mistake, I am sure they will do something to your satisfaction. For those that have gotten one that looks like a refurb, was it still factory sealed? Would it have been possible for the dealer to have possibly played around with it first before shipping it out?

My interaction with Autel has been nothing but Perfect! Someone actually answers the phone that knows the product and can seem to answer your questions. I made a few calls Pre-sale and a few after the sale. Every time someone answered the phone. (No long hold time, no Voicemail) Just a human that spoke clearly and politely.
Mine was shipped directly from Autel... Bought it from a third party. It was sealed brand new. I hear good customer service from Autel so I don't expect anything less.

Keep us inform about what they are going to tell you cause i got the same problem.
This is an email response from customer service:

Thank you for reaching out to us at Autel Robotics Support. I am sorry to see that you have some scratches on your motor! I am glad to hear that the aircraft flies well and you have had a good experience with that.

The only way to have that replaced would be to send it in to us for a repair service, we do not sell or ship any repair parts to customers. This is mainly to ensure that all part repair and replacements are performed by our technicians here who have been trained extensively. Also, we do not want customers to void their warranties by attempting any repairs at home!

I did want to ask where and when you purchased the drone, so we can perhaps look into what may have happened to that unit. Since you did mention the aircraft flies fine, I do not think that you will see any performance issues moving forward but if you feel that you are not comfortable flying with the motor in that condition I would be more than happy to have that unit sent back to us! Please let me know how you would like to proceed, in the mean time please enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Best,

Alejandro R.

Customer Support

AUTEL ROBOTICS

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Good service but for me I am in Canada an I won't send my evo back just for something minor esthetic. To much trouble to send and get back to me. I will leave it like that.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials