Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Quality control is bad

You might think this is not coming but trust me they are tightening the rope pretty fast. They are giving a lot of power to LEO's to stop and ask you questions. You fail to answer those questions or they find you doing something you are not suppose to be doing it could be very bad for you.
One of our older members sits on the FAA boards and his wife deals with the people who break the laws. He says you don't want to be on court as it will cost you big time but his wife is happy to take your case :)

Join the Webinar to get informed.
Thank you for your offer.... you do not seem to understand what I am saying .. Have a nice day. FYI I follow FAA laws and I do not need DJI to enforce them for me.

Thank you for your offer.... you do not seem to understand what I am saying .. Have a nice day.

Well if you think I don't understand then please enlighten me. I am always willing to learn.
From my experience people that hate the GEO fencing from DJI and Yuneec drones just want one that they can break the law with. If you are not breaking the law you should not be bothered by the GEO fencing that is coming to all manufacturers sooner then you think.

Well if you think I don't understand then please enlighten me. I am always willing to learn.
Law enforcement does not care only if someone calls them. I follow the laws and I do not need DJI to enforce them for me.. People around the world build their own quads and they fly far with no software restrictions. There is always going to be a way around it. DJI's call to enforce FAA laws is stupid. If Autel would ever have this I would return the product and go custom.

Well thats your right to go that way. Hopefully you don't end up on the wrong side of the law as it can be very expensive trying to prove you are in the right. ?

Reactions: Madhungarian
Law enforcement does not care only if someone calls them. I follow the laws and I do not need DJI to enforce them for me.. People around the world build their own quads and they fly far with no software restrictions. There is always going to be a way around it. DJI's call to enforce FAA laws is stupid. If Autel would ever have this I would return the product and go custom.

How exactly would you return it? Is their change of mind window beyond 30 days (indefinite)?? Per the manual they can enact Geo anytime if the law requires them to do (currently china only)

Anyway geting off topic here, for those getting scratched drones, are they simply selling refurbs as new? Is that even legal?

How exactly would you return it? Is their change of mind window beyond 30 days (indefinite)?? Per the manual they can enact Geo anytime if the law requires them to do (currently china only)

Anyway geting off topic here, for those getting scratched drones, are they simply selling refurbs as new? Is that even legal?
They used to have a refurb section on their site but I cannot see them selling them as new. I think shipping is pretty hard on any product coming from China.

They used to have a refurb section on their site but I cannot see them selling them as new. I think shipping is pretty hard on any product coming from China.
Because it's shipping from China it's ok to have scratches? I don't think that's any excuse?

Sorry if I misunderstood

Because it's shipping from China it's ok to have scratches? I don't think that's any excuse?

Sorry if I misunderstood

Yes you did misunderstand. My point being by the time it gets to you it has been handled many times and is not the fault of Autel. Is that clear enough?

Yes you did misunderstand. My point being by the time it gets to you it has been handled many times and is not the fault of Autel. Is that clear enough?

Even so, it does fall on Autel to deliver a product that is in new condition. It should be packed to be able to withstand shipment and if it cant, thats on them. If they're using shonky carriers like Fed-Ex, they should change carriers. That being said, the box mine came in looked like it had seen better days, very scratched up and beaten etc, however the drone inside was well packed, propellers had individual plastic wraps so as to not scratch the plastic shell. Only a borked RC fan is my issue. I suspect people getting scratched up drones are being sold refurbished drones as "new".

If an EVO arrives in sub-optimal condition, it may well be some sub-contractor's fault but it is unquestionably Autel's responsibility. The buyer has a contract with Autel, not FedEx.

Another possible cause of scratches - according to Autel - is product testing… but no company tests every product. One test per batch would probably be the norm.

Last year I was sent (by DroneWorks) a "new" battery which has some light scratches on it and also had three charging cycles on the log. This was not from testing and I would have sent it back immediately if I were not an ocean away. But it worked fine and I was happy enough to accept a 50% refund.

So, make a fuss. All consumers should.

Autel has been known to cycle batteries, this was done a lot on X-Star batteries. Can't see that being done on the EVO batteries as this product is fairly new and batteries should not need cycling just yet.

Well as you stated in this post your not a happy camper so perhaps its time to sell and move on to the dark side.
LOL Im from the dark side :)
Believe me its certainly weighing heavily on my mind. Trouble is I've had the quad for about a week with the last 3 weeks in the shop so its kinda hard to make a call on it. I would have thought a DOA failure (<7days) would have warranted a replacement, not repair? At the very least just replace the RC and call it good.

Selling it will be a challenge if/when I decide to - Nobody out here has ever heard of the Autel Evo asides from a few die-hard enthusiasts.

Autel has been known to cycle batteries, this was done a lot on X-Star batteries. Can't see that being done on the EVO batteries as this product is fairly new and batteries should not need cycling just yet.

When LiPo batteries are manufactured, they do need to cycle them around 2-3 times before settling them on storage charge (~3.85v) this is true for pretty much all LiPo's, but it shouldn't be showing up as a cycle on the battery as it gives the user the impression the battery is used and not new. If you're seeing 20 cycles and a scratched up surface, I'd be betting its not new.

I got my EVO from an Amazon store, came in great shape and cosmetically perfect. Never had the horizon tilt until the firmware updates that "fixed" it, however it flies perfectly every time I put it in the air, it has a solid video transmission and is always a pleasure to fly. A couple of years ago I got a DJI Inspire Raw which came cosmetically perfect, but has never given me a day without anxiety, just today within 500 feet it kept loosing transmission and wanted to head home, even after installing the Titan switch antenna precisely to prevent this kind of issue. I landed and stored the Inspire and pulled the EVO out, glad I had it with me. Another flawless flight free of anxiety. I prefer to have reliability than perfect cosmetics. That said when you spend $1000 + for any item, quality control is expected.

Reactions: macoman
I should receive my evo ordered directly from autel tomorrow. Its going to be interesting to look it over and see if i have these issues..ill let you know!

Reactions: macoman
I finally received my Evo yesterday direct from Autel. Very nice! No blemishes at all. Its in perfect condition. I remember seeing a video on the Evo where one of the guys complaints was the sd card cover wasnt leashed (connected) to the drone, I didnt care for that, I just looked and mine is leashed! Autel is listening to you and me and thats cool!
It could possible mean that I was one of the unlucky ones that received the EVO with a scratched motor. Congrats in getting your Evo in pristine condition.

Reactions: gasquetmike
It could possible mean that I was one of the unlucky ones that received the EVO with a scratched motor. Congrats in getting your Evo in pristine condition.
Thanks! Other than the scratches how is she flying?

Thanks! Other than the scratches how is she flying?
It fly pretty good. No issues so far. Sometimes I get some titled in the videos but then I try again and it's working fine. The key for the Evo to work great is to make sure it's in GPS locked. Don't fly without the GPS been locked or you will have issues with the gimbal.

Reactions: gasquetmike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg