Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Propeller Guards

slimjimtell

Reaction score
is anyone using the propeller guards? Does this affect flight at all. I see many people saying to have extra blades handy. Would this help? The X Star won't fit in the case with the guards on and they are not quick release.

They are handy if you're flying near buildings (roof inspections, etc.)...worst case is that you bump the building with the guard instead of crashing the drone. Around trees...not so much as there is a 99% chance you will hang the drone in the tree.

Reactions: JerPrin
I bought the prop guards when I got my XSP because of how useful they were on the cheap drones that I was learning with. Quickly realized how much work is involved in removing them to fit in the case, and so far I've not even taken the prop guards out of the box. So far my XSP hasn't come close to hitting anything. It's tipped over a couple of times while landing, and I suppose the prop guards might have been somewhat useful there.

is anyone using the propeller guards? Does this affect flight at all. I see many people saying to have extra blades handy. Would this help? The X Star won't fit in the case with the guards on and they are not quick release.
I use the prop guards. I have had several tip overs landing on uneven terrain and they did save the props. When I first got the drone this summer I did tangle with a tree and they were of little help. It is too much trouble to take them off when I transport it locally. I'll only use the case if I am traveling and then not bother with them for that period of time.

Reactions: Delta Blue
I got prop guards and I ordered a 10 dollar Black and Decker power screwdriver, which fits perfectly inside the X-Star case. I keep the bit on it so it won't get lost. It takes just a few seconds to take the two bolts off each motor housing then attach the guards. They weigh very little and probably reduce flying time a bit, but I have an extra battery so that doesn't bother me. I want to get used to them, and I would rather have my drone fly into something with a dull, somewhat flexible piece of thin plastic than with a high speed sharp edge. There have been accidents from propellers cutting into skin and eyeballs and stuff. It's up to each pilot to consider how he wants to handle his risks.

Reactions: Magic Dave
ya I bought them cant be bothered to put them on - take way to long - I want to be in and out on a location - would like to use them - dead tree branch on a creek pulled it in and dunked it , sacred me to death it was like the 2nd or 3 flight I was like =( but it made a full recovery so now Im like =) turned by sensitivity down to 60% now I find I slide S patterns cutting thru the sky, Prop gaurds need quick connected or it doesn't fit in the case engineering undersight most drone landings and take off happen from my hand she my bird I send her out for the sexyest shots ever ! stay tuned I'll post soon

Last edited:
ya I bought them cant be bothered to put them on take way to long I want to be in and out on a location would like to use them dead tree branch on a creek pull it in and dunked it , sacred me to death it was like the 2 or 3 flight I was like =( but it made a full recovery so now Im like =) turned by sensitivity down to 60% now I find I slide S patterns cutting thru the sky, Prop gaurds need quick connected or it doesn't fit in the case engineering undersight most drone landings and take off happen from my hand she my bird I send her out for the sexyest shots ever ! stay tuned I'll post soon

WOW
Thats one of the longest sentences I have ever read :)

I got prop guards and I ordered a 10 dollar Black and Decker power screwdriver, which fits perfectly inside the X-Star case. I keep the bit on it so it won't get lost. It takes just a few seconds to take the two bolts off each motor housing then attach the guards. They weigh very little and probably reduce flying time a bit, but I have an extra battery so that doesn't bother me. I want to get used to them, and I would rather have my drone fly into something with a dull, somewhat flexible piece of thin plastic than with a high speed sharp edge. There have been accidents from propellers cutting into skin and eyeballs and stuff. It's up to each pilot to consider how he wants to handle his risks.

What is the model and where did you buy the power driver. I have the prop guards as well and hate putting on and off. I thought about this yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the model and where did you buy the power driver. I have the prop guards as well and hate putting on and off. I thought about this yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry it took me so long to see this question. I ordered this on Amazon Prime and got it the next day:

Black & Decker AS6NG Alkaline Cordless Screwdriver - Power Screw Guns - Amazon.com

What is cool is that if fits perfectly in the case between two motors along one edge and it is like the Pumpkin, orange and black!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials