Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pricing of the Evo Nano

PingSpike

Reaction score
The Evo Nano was announced today, starting at USD$649

What was not announced, was the contents of the box at this price point.

To be anywhere near remotely competitive with the DJI Mini 2 Flymore combo ($599) the Evo Nano needs to include at least three batteries and some other accessories.

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the price point 🤔

Would just one battery at this price be a barrier for you?

It seems that legal restrictions in recent years have cooled the consumer drone market. Plus the consequences of the pandemic. Perhaps we will see a rise in prices for all manufacturers.
In any case, we need to see the newborns in action in order to decide if we want them.

Reactions: Wilkz and AirStag
unfortunately just one battery is simply not enough. it's almost impossible to fly a drone with just one battery so the package should come with a minimum of two in the base package. perhaps it does. but depending on the price of the batteries, I will be looking for some sort of combo deal.

maybe bf will be a good time to make a deal even though the drone is new and prices should continue to "hover" around msrp. we know the price on autel drone drops rather quickly and since I live in a climate that experiences winter, the next few months are not ideal for me and i may have to wait until march/april anyway. :(

This has been a hot topic today following the formal release of the Nano and Lite models, along with pricing for each. What Autel has not specified, is what are you getting for the respective prices! As you mention, @PingSpike, the pricing does sound like it's going to be for a base/standard unit configuration with just one battery. Accessories included/not included are still TBD.

We've gotten tons of inquiries from folks wanting to pre-order the new EVO Nano and Lite models today, but fact of the matter is, we simply cannot and will not make a product available for pre-order when we don't know exactly what is being sold in a package. This will all be confirmed in just a short time.

Thanks for bringing this to light as the excitement of a new release has gotten all the attention, but pricing and what's included has not been very clear and is just as important as the feature set, functions and capabilities. :)

Drone DJ have reported the $649 price comes with one battery only.

This makes it a complete non-starter.
The price of sub-250 gram drones are on the rise. This coincides with the bigger cameras and obstacle avoidance systems that the Mini drones are somehow packing in. At least on paper, the EVO Nano is a lot more drone than the DJI Mini 2. Even though it remains unannounced, the DJI Mini 3 isn't far off and will most definitely come in at a higher price than the Mini 2, while packing obstacle avoidance and a larger camera.

I am with you, I think Autel is reaching a bit too high with the Nano. A lower price would sell a lot more drones and make the Nano much more competitive. With the higher retail price, I think we are more likely to see sale prices from time to time as we have seen with the EVO 2.

I was looking forward to the new drones from Autel. Not gonna happen at the price they are asking. Sure they will sell some to those not wanting to buy DJI....but....I want to see video out of the nano in a straight comparison to the Mini 2, which I have. Its a fantastic drone, with dare I say...great video, wind handling, distance reception etc.
No I am NOT a DJI fanboi...far from it. I have always pulled for Autel. Competition is great and much needed in the drone industry.
This price point will kill their sales from what they could be, if it was just priced lower.
Mini2 drone w/1 battery - $449 fly more combo - bag/3 batteries etc $599
Autel nano - $649 - not sure of contents. IF the nano at that price comes with the same fly more combo kit...then the price is close enough to justify, since you are getting more tech....BUT the video and feature set needs to be better than DJI is offering. If the Nano had 4k/60....well then, that would be a win.
I am guessing the Mini 3 may have 4k/60...maybe. I could care less about obstacle avoidance sensors. They are a waste IMO. Know your surroundings, don't be stupid and you don't need them.

I was looking forward to the new drones from Autel. Not gonna happen at the price they are asking. Sure they will sell some to those not wanting to buy DJI....but....I want to see video out of the nano in a straight comparison to the Mini 2, which I have. Its a fantastic drone, with dare I say...great video, wind handling, distance reception etc.
No I am NOT a DJI fanboi...far from it. I have always pulled for Autel. Competition is great and much needed in the drone industry.
This price point will kill their sales from what they could be, if it was just priced lower.
Mini2 drone w/1 battery - $449 fly more combo - bag/3 batteries etc $599
Autel nano - $649 - not sure of contents. IF the nano at that price comes with the same fly more combo kit...then the price is close enough to justify, since you are getting more tech....BUT the video and feature set needs to be better than DJI is offering. If the Nano had 4k/60....well then, that would be a win.
I am guessing the Mini 3 may have 4k/60...maybe. I could care less about obstacle avoidance sensors. They are a waste IMO. Know your surroundings, don't be stupid and you don't need them.
depending on the price of the autel battery, all they would need to do is include one extra battery (for a total of 2) in the package and they will have parity with the mini2. but I hear ya, I have the mini2 as well and it's a great drone....probably my favorite dji drone. surely mini2 won't last long because the mini3 comes out which for sure will be more expensive. nano will have to compete!

This is a tough one. I'd expect at that price point to have a second battery, and especially to have one in the nano+, but the image quality is (on paper, anyway) going to be superior to the Mini2 with its larger sensor, and therefore I could live with one battery.

As much as I love flying the minis, the footage is, honestly, just not very good. The dynamic range is awful in my opinion and the level of effort it takes to get the footage into something usable in post is frequently more trouble than it's worth. I mostly use them for fun flying and rarely for capturing video I'd share, because I'm consistently disappointed with the output. A 4 year old phone gives me better video in that I don't have to spend so much time trying to salvage crushed blacks or blown out skies to no avail.

If the Nano's image quality and dynamic range is better then I'd be interested, the mention of HDR video options gives me hope it'll be an improvement. There's a strong use case for a lightweight portable tool that gets the shots I intend to get, instead of something halfway resembling the vision.

Last edited:

To be anywhere near remotely competitive with the DJI Mini 2 Flymore combo ($599) the Evo Nano needs to include at least three batteries and some other accessories.

I pre-ordered the Nano plus two days ago with the premium bundle for $949.00 as for the price point will depend on each individual person as per cost expenditure and justification as per their budget.

in-the-box-nano.jpg
This was posted on drone works, interesting...

"Starting" at USD$649 means ONE battery only.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I could justify heftier price tag on the evo2pro but not on one of these little guys. Yep lol be sticking with dji for my sub 250 fleet

I could justify heftier price tag on the evo2pro but not on one of these little guys. Yep lol be sticking with dji for my sub 250 fleet
The price of Nano+ is higher than Mavic 2S, why not to buy 2s? And he most funny thing is those little guys are NOT ready to be sold after announcement. So the customers need to wait until some days later.

The price of Nano+ is higher than Mavic 2S, why not to buy 2s? And he most funny thing is those little guys are NOT ready to be sold after announcement. So the customers need to wait until some days later.
For me i want the capabilities & features in the sub 250 gram Nano+ drone not the weight of the air 2S and i have larger drones that cover that space.
Nice thought and option for those who don’t just want to stay in the sub 250 grams and are new to getting into drones. And from a monetary perspective.

The Nano+ starts at $799 US, The Air 2S starts at $999 US so it is a little bit more expensive. I have the Air 2S and think it is just about the perfect drone for the money but I can still see the need for smaller but highly capable drones like the Nano+ is touted to be.

Reactions: wjc777
The Nano+ starts at $799 US, The Air 2S starts at $999 US so it is a little bit more expensive. I have the Air 2S and think it is just about the perfect drone for the money but I can still see the need for smaller but highly capable drones like the Nano+ is touted to be.
Sorry,my mistake. I wanted to compare the price of Lite+ to Mavic 2s, not the Nano+.

Sorry,my mistake. I wanted to compare the price of Lite+ to Mavic 2s, not the Nano+.
The Lite+ is $250 more than the Air 2S but does have a couple of desirable features..... much longer flight time and adjustable aperture in particular. In the end the difference in money between the two isn't that much, it will come down to which company provides the best flight software to support their drones. So far Autel hasn't shown that they can compete with DJI on the software end. Better hardware specs don't help if hindered by buggy software and crude flight controls.

The Nano / Nano+ are in a similar position. On paper they are going to be significantly ahead of the Mini 2..... but they will have to prove themselves in the real world to justify the price. Plus despite DJI's denial, the Mini 3 is probably not too far away and will be released with its own upgraded specs to take the wind out of Autel's sails.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg