Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Post Your Photo Of The Day Here

Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS. Alternatively, the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the visual observer. • At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS for those people to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses
I'm not going to be able to weasel my way out of of this, " am I?

I'm not going to be able to weasel my way out of of this, " am I?

Not trying to come down on you as we all have broke some UAV law. Hard not to. The video that you and saw about the train cops is actually a really good reminder to check before you fly someplace you might not have permission to fly. I just wanted to bring that to your attention just in case you did not see it yet but you stated you did and everything was fine where you where flying.
With all the poop going down about Remote ID and how the government wants to crack down on people breaking laws is the only reason I mentioned the LOS rule which I am sure you knew about anyways but it was just a friendly reminder. ;)

Yep, weekend back into mid 50s and more rain next week. Been well above average in temps and rainfall this winter.

Actually the last couple of days its been really nice for the end of Feb.
Was out on the deck having a few beers today soaking up the sun. Felt good to be out in a T-Shirt for a while.
Won't last but you would be surprised at how much snow melted today.

Opera Snapshot_2020-02-22_151654_www.uavforecast.com.png

Reactions: Goober
eAJDQqK.jpg

l4SOjs2.jpg

uR3tVez.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know its a great photo to play around with. For me it just needed a different sky and some adjustments on lighting. Might not be to your liking but it's amazing what todays photo editors can do, :)
8NwkrFZ (1).jpg

Reactions: butch and Tufargon
Yeah I know.
I'm stuck with a free editing program that doesn't do half the stuff Lightroom , does.
I have lightroom 3 on another old computer when you could download it free without a credit card.
Right as you posted this, I was trying to move it over to the new computer. lol
Anyway, most of this stuff is right out of the camera with a crop job and some color editing.
I'M LIMITED!
And it's killin me. I'm just not paying Adobe by the month, so I have to get it in camera as good as possible and work with what I'm limited to.
That means waiting for the right light for hours, and then it's hit or miss on getting " the shot." Anyway, that's all part of it.
Add into the equation an aircraft that barely know, and limited flight time, set up on composition, and then limited photography time.
I'm having hell with it.
I'm just lucky that I know photography pretty well, half the battle, if not for that, all of this would look like junk.
Gonna remove that first photo I posted here, of the house on the pond, I was just testing some things with the camera,for that.
That's not me......and not what I can do with a lens.
I do know this much, I NEED Evo II with a better camera. I got to have it. And I will have it.

Last edited:
Yeah I know.
I'm stuck with a free editing program that doesn't do half the stuff Lightroom , does.
I have lightroom 3 on another old computer when you could download it free without a credit card.
Right as you posted this, I was trying to move it over to the new computer. lol
Anyway, most of this stuff is right out of the camera with a crop job and some color editing.
I'M LIMITED!
And it's killin me. I'm just not paying Adobe by the month, so I have to get it in camera as good as possible and work with what I'm limited to.
That means waiting for the right light for hours, and then it's hit or miss on getting " the shot." Anyway, that's all part of it.
Add into the equation an aircraft that barely know, and limited flight time, set up on composition, and then limited photography time.
I'm having hell with it.
I'm just lucky that I know photography pretty well, half the battle, if not for that, all of this would look like junk.
Gonna remove that first photo I posted here, of the house on the pond, I was just testing some things with the camera,for that.
That's not me......and not what I can do with a lens.
I do know this much, I NEED Evo II with a better camera. I got to have it. And I will have it.

I wouldn't delete anything none of us are experts :)
Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

I wouldn't delete anything none of us are experts :)
Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!
I haven't heard that in forever! lmao

AF807CQ.jpg

This is what it should look like.
Nah, I'm not an ex- spurt.
I know what you mean tho, man.
I'm just glad I found a few photographers over here to push me over the edge.

I'm all good man.
Thanks for all your advice. I need it.

Sincerely, J'Los Butt

Last edited:
Suet Cam Time
Took one of my very cheap ($25) critter cams and mounted near the suet feeders. Not very good quality pics from these cams, but gives me a small return on the bird feed. These are cropped and resized from originals.

Love the little nuthatch who spends more time upside down than right side up.
nuthatch 2.jpg

Carolina wren is a fearless, very vocal little rascal that often roosts on my porch.
wren 2.jpg

Big ole male red-bellied woodpecker
big pecker.jpg

Love the iridescence on the grackles, but they make short work of food, but clean up a lot on ground, so I tolerate them.
grackle.jpg

Catbird (mockingbird) can be pests, but I love to watch them defend their territory.
catbird.jpg

Fuzzy-tailed tree rat...
tree rat.jpg

Wow, I thought DNGs. I'm on the fence whether to buy the EVO 1 (which I can afford) or wait for the EVO II Pro (which I really can't :=), so wanted to ask, might you be willing to let me have a set of your unaltered AEBs, maybe one of the barn and one of that lovely stone wall in the slide-show video?

I need to process them here in my real estate photography workflow, to get an idea of if the EVO 1 will be enough or not.

Thanks so much. I can setup a Dropbox shared folder or whatever would be best for you. I'd greatly appreciate it, if I can get the JPGs straight out of the drone, not re-compressed (zipped) et cetera to get the best JPG quality.

Wow, I thought DNGs. I'm on the fence whether to buy the EVO 1 (which I can afford) or wait for the EVO II Pro (which I really can't :=), so wanted to ask, might you be willing to let me have a set of your unaltered AEBs, maybe one of the barn and one of that lovely stone wall in the slide-show video?

I need to process them here in my real estate photography workflow, to get an idea of if the EVO 1 will be enough or not.

Thanks so much. I can setup a Dropbox shared folder or whatever would be best for you. I'd greatly appreciate it, if I can get the JPGs straight out of the drone, not re-compressed (zipped) et cetera to get the best JPG quality.
Sure what ever you want. I have the originals from the EVO. I have no doubt it will work for you it is a great photography platform. In my opinion the new one will take to much processing power for most of us. A $5000 computer is way out of my league. I am right on the edge of selling mine just because I don't fly it any more. It is a shame it is just setting here.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain